• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think -

• Team Real

Votes: 1,128 62.8%
  • Team Fake

Votes: 669 37.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
If the video is fake and not just old test footage then where did that Sonic Frontiers footage come from?

Ailanthium

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
The plot thickens...

If this isn't real footage, assuming this was test footage and not 100% indicative of the final product, then that implies that there's an obvious difference between this style and the final product, yeah? This sort of thing seems hard to debunk without firsthand knowledge of what the game looked like at that exact point in time unless you specifically know it's supposed to look notably different.

Ashes of Dreams

May 22, 2020
If the video is indeed fake, it's a mod.
As someone who was originally Team Fake but flipped with the expanded footage, I have to say it seems like a weirdly large amount of work that also requires a lot of intense knowledge of the details. They made their own Yukari model for the P3 footage. They knew about the JSR survey with the different art styles to match their footage to one of them. And they created an entire new version of the Sonic Frontiers map that looks how data mining suggests the islands would have originally looked before split up. If all of this is actually fake, hats off to the faker because that's commitment.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
As someone who was originally Team Fake but flipped with the expanded footage, I have to say it seems like a weirdly large amount of work that also requires a lot of intense knowledge of the details. They made their own Yukari model for the P3 footage. They knew about the JSR survey with the different art styles to match their footage to one of them. And they created an entire new version of the Sonic Frontiers map that looks how data mining suggests the islands would have originally looked before split up. If all of this is actually fake, hats off to the faker because that's commitment.
You'd also wonder what the intent of it is after all that effort. Both of those games in the trailer had been leaked for a while. So they weren't trying to fool people or anything or leak something that hadn't been leaked already. What would the point of it all be?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The unsplit Kronos exists in the game files and has been modded into the game for months. The main things are some subtle graphical differences (the mountains in the skybox look completely different for example, some animations and effects are unfinished), the Giganto fight taking place on a different arena (which no mod does yet) and the game looking graphically better (which tbf could just be some smart video editing). I agree it's very unlikely that at least the Frontiers section of the video is fake, but I guess it's plausible it could be.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
And Team Fake clinches it, apparently. Should have stuck to my guns more!

Anyway, great to have the confirmation. Any updates or insight on just how far out P6 is?

I think I'm safe in saying P6 is pretty big compared to 5 and very unique so they're probably taking their time before showing it off. They're not a huge team. Probably 2025.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The plot thickens...

If this isn't real footage, assuming this was test footage and not 100% indicative of the final product, then that implies that there's an obvious difference between this style and the final product, yeah? This sort of thing seems hard to debunk without firsthand knowledge of what the game looked like at that exact point in time unless you specifically know it's supposed to look notably different.
Test footage would mean it's still real

Ashes of Dreams

May 22, 2020
The unsplit Kronos exists in the game files and has been modded into the game for months. The main things are some subtle graphical differences (the mountains in the skybox look completely different for example, some animations and effects are unfinished), the Giganto fight taking place on a different arena (which no mod does yet) and the game looking graphically better (which tbf could just be some smart video editing). I agree it's very unlikely that at least the Frontiers section of the video is fake, but I guess it's plausible it could be.
Didn't know unsplit Kronos exists, fair. Though yeah all those other things are still... a lot. And the JSR stuff too.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The model isnt new. Looks the same with some texture differences. The frame looks the same

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I think I'm safe in saying P6 is pretty big compared to 5 and very unique so they're probably taking their time before showing it off. They're not a huge team. Probably 2025.
Big compared to 5, huh? Interesting to see in what sense that's the case. I was figuring somewhere around late '24, so '25 wouldn't shock me. Would have loved to see it sooner, but I'll live.

Ailanthium

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
Test footage would mean it's still real

Sorry, it was hard to phrase my point exactly. Yes, I agree that test footage is "real" footage. My question is, given that test footage can look fairly different from what the game currently looks like, someone claiming to debunk it like "Im A Hero Too" would either have to know exactly what it looked like at that point in development and know a specific reason it couldn't be real, or that the style is so different from the direction they've taken with the remake that it's obviously not real (basically, that they aren't using a style even vaguely similar to P5 or Dancing). They could also know how it was made or who was behind it, but they haven't really offered much, so that's only a guess.

The Deleter

Sep 22, 2019
What weird timing for Gematsu to get that info…hmmm

Since the cat is out of the bag, video is 100% fake but yes, you're getting P3 before 6 and ask me end of May about the trailer.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwuWkKGcvVY

Frontiers footage shows beta elements that aren't in the final game but are in the concept art, alongside additions to the map that were conspicuously missing a structure that was supposed to be used in the final section of the game

It's ridiculous though; everyone in the modding scene is taking it as gospel that this is beta footage due to how unfinished some effects are with how different others are, like how Sonic's spin attack is missing it's aura at first and the "attack line" is weirdly visible during the QTE inside giganto's mouth, as if the QTE is unpolished, but also featuring higher particle effects for the Super Transformation, and the Giganto boss' additional debris particles and fog columns, both of which are completely absent from the game

It's so much work for so little payoff; why would the modding community be obsessing over this so much now in so much detail, if the very small amount of people doing the research were the ones who repurposed their work for a fake leak to begin with???

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When i saw it earlier today I thought it was fake, yukari's model looked like it was from dancing ( which is a great model to use anyway), And someone mentioned her bow was reused from a bow from P5. I only glanced at the sonic stuff, and the Jet set stuff felt too good to be true even though i heard the rumors A while ago (for both P3 and JSR).

But a few views and noticing Yukaris model seems slightly different in the face and the way the hair is kinda rendered, and the sonic stuff was actually clearly an early build of Frontiers, I'm on the team real train, but the footage would have to be very old Internally

I think i would've noticed sooner if i payed more attention at what was going on in the sonic footage.
edit: just saw hero's post, well damn lol. So i wonder whats the real deal with this video then if thats the case

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwuWkKGcvVY

Frontiers footage shows beta elements that aren't in the final game but are in the concept art, alongside additions to the map that were conspicuously missing a structure that was supposed to be used in the final section of the game

It's ridiculous though; everyone in the modding scene is taking it as gospel that this is beta footage due to how unfinished some effects are with how different others are, like how Sonic's spin attack is missing it's aura at first and the "attack line" is weirdly visible during the QTE inside giganto's mouth, as if the QTE is unpolished, but also featuring higher particle effects for the Super Transformation, and the Giganto boss' additional debris particles and fog columns, both of which are completely absent from the game

It's so much work for so little payoff; why would the modding community be obsessing over it to so much detail if the very small amount of people doing the research were the ones who repurposed their work for a fake leak to begin with???

I agree 100%, it would be a ridiculous amount of work to fool the like 3 people that will hear about this leak. I'm just saying that in the case the video is somehow fake, being a mod is the only option (unless someone wanted to leak beta Frontiers footage and made up two completely unrelated things for no reason?)

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
How do the teams work there? There's a main team on 6 and they hand off the remake and ports to other teams?
Idk if there's a ton of concrete info on how the persona team splits people up. After 5 wrapped alot of devs moved to a new division for project refantasy. I'd assume new persona division least had a small team on 6 prepro and concept but as they staffed back up we got Royal 3/5 dancing and 4 PC which all could be viewed as getting their feet wet. So likely there's least 2 teams atm but they add and scale up and down there might of been 4 or 5 at one point with how long games take to make.

The Deleter

Sep 22, 2019
I agree 100%, it would be a ridiculous amount of work to fool the like 3 people that will hear about this leak. I'm just saying that in the case the video is somehow fake, being a mod is the only option (unless someone wanted to leak beta Frontiers footage and made up two completely unrelated things for no reason?)
If there was beta Frontiers footage floating in the winds I guarantee it would not have survived until an elaborate leak was built around it; Kronos Island's full map itself leaked into every discord server from ĐeäTh's own private server the second it was discovered, in spite of him wanting to keep it under wraps to not cause drama at the game's launch lol

That + the meme that's largely true in that Sonic fans just do not give a shit about other SEGA IPs somehow

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
Idk if there's a ton of concrete info on how the persona team splits people up. After 5 wrapped alot of devs moved to a new division for project refantasy. I'd assume new persona division least had a small team on 6 prepro and concept but as they staffed back up we got Royal 3/5 dancing and 4 PC which all could be viewed as getting their feet wet. So likely there's least 2 teams atm but they add and scale up and down there might of been 4 or 5 at one point with how long games take to make.
Right. I'm sure it's complicated because we've heard there's persona 6 which apparently is a small team. Then there's this remake that's leaked. Then according to the same people on here who leaked three there's another smaller persona type game in the works. We just had two ports released as well. And I'm sure they've already planned out what comes after persona 3 remake and persona 6 which might be other remakes or smaller type games. I'm wondering how it all works exactly.

Oct 25, 2017
It would have to be an extremely well lit and detailed mod to spec with what the leaks mentioned a year ago before launch (Giganto in the forest, barren open world without any sky rails or obstacles to speak of, cut boss fight). Like way too much effort and seemingly impossible to pull off with current tools.

Ashes of Dreams

May 22, 2020
I do kinda wish that if Hero is gonna come in here and claim this is fake they at least tell us how they know for a fact it isn't years old test footage.
I'm bad at keeping up with who leaks what but given everyone's reaction I gather Hero's info is legit and has been confirmed right before but this being fake leaves us with so many questions about the other footage shown.

This whole thing has been very strange.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
I do kinda wish that if Hero is gonna come in here and claim this is fake they at least tell us how they know for a fact it isn't years old test footage.
I'm bad at keeping up with leaks but given everyone's reaction I gather Hero's info is legit and has been confirmed right before but this being fake leaves us with so many questions about the other footage shown.

It's probably because it doesn't look like the current game. I don't know how he could 100% say it's not real if it was just some proof of concept type thing shown internally so he's probably just made a judgment call.

Seems kind of irrelevant at this point anyway since they confirmed the game is real and being announced soon. Whether this supposed early dev video is real or not is basically irrelevant other than for curiosity's sake.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm bad at keeping up with who leaks what but given everyone's reaction I gather Hero's info is legit and has been confirmed right before but this being fake leaves us with so many questions about the other footage shown.

They've previously been verified by a mod on their P3 and P6 info. Also tbf people will see different things from different points in time, so they might not have seen anything that looks like this footage before.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Well the game is real, but maybe the footage is fake but I doubt that too. I just expect it's just old
Options are that it's so old it doesn't even resemble what Hero has seen, it's entirely fake and extraordinarily high-effort, or Hero's got something wrong himself.

Ashes of Dreams

May 22, 2020
It's probably because it doesn't look like the current game. I don't know how he could 100% say it's not real if it was just some proof of concept type thing shown internally so he's probably just made a judgment call.

Seems kind of irrelevant at this point anyway since they confirmed the game is real and being announced soon. Whether this supposed early dev video is real or not is basically irrelevant other than for curiosity's sake.
tbf they've been saying the game is real for months so that's not really new to this thread.

They've previously been verified by a mod on their P3 and P6 info. Also tbf people will see different things from different points in time, so they might not have seen anything that looks like this footage before.
That's kind of the confirmation I'm looking for though. I wish they had given more detail to their dismissal of the footage as fake. There's a difference between "this doesn't look like what I've seen so I'm not sure it's real" and "the video is fake". But since they just dropped the latter and nothing else we're all here speculating about what they have and haven't seen and trying to match it with everything about the video that makes it seem very legit.

The Deleter

Sep 22, 2019
Better look at the corner of the map that the structure is missing from:

FtSaBTWWwAAUdci

FtSaAJgWwAItE3b

That is the exact location that Supreme/The End was locked away at.

Sonic and Sage had lines directly mentioning a structure not currently found on the final island:

View: https://twitter.com/FactsFrontiers/status/1593485524303486976

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
At this point, does it matter if the footage is fake or real? Especially if it's old. It likely does not represent the final result in either case.

Ashes of Dreams

May 22, 2020
At this point, does it matter if the footage is fake or real? Especially if it's old. It likely does not represent the final result in either case.
Define "matter". It's not going to impact our lives in any meaningful way, no. But for historical purposes I'd like to know if this is early test footage or a fan made fake. It's what the thread is about.

Kami

Jul 13, 2020

AFAIK not a single thing Hero said has come true yet. Not sure why they're considered so trustworthy other than just posting here all the time.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
AFAIK not a single thing Hero said has come true yet. Not sure why they're considered so trustworthy other than just posting here all the time.
That's just because the stuff he's been talking about hasn't been officially announced yet. He doesn't talk about much just a couple of atlus things. He also won't comment on anything that hasn't been circulating in the rumor mill already before he talked about it.

Ashes of Dreams

May 22, 2020
Enough people have said a P3 Remake is coming that I do believe that... though I have no idea if they were the first person to say that or anything.

That's just because the stuff he's been talking about hasn't been officially announced yet. He doesn't talk about much just a couple of atlus things. He also won't comment on anything that hasn't been circulating in the rumor mill already before he talked about it.
Wait so you're saying that they exclusively comment on things that have already been leaked and none of it has come true yet...

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
Wait so you're saying that they exclusively comment on things that have already been leaked and none of it has come true yet...
Basically, yeah. But he adds details to it. He's also mentioned some other things vaguely but won't give specifics because they haven't been out in the public yet.

There's no real reason to not believe him though unless you think this is an elaborate hoax he's pulling on everyone. He's been a member here for a while and I haven't seen him trolling or doing anything in bad faith so I don't know why you'd think that.

Ashes of Dreams

May 22, 2020
Basically, yeah. But he adds details to it. He's also mentioned some other things vaguely but won't give specifics because they haven't been out in the public yet.

There's no real reason to not believe him though unless you think this is an elaborate hoax he's pulling on everyone. He's been a member here for a while and I haven't seen him trolling or doing anything in bad faith so I don't know why you'd think that.
Not trying to call anyone a liar directly but I've seen more than enough fake leakers over the years that I don't personally believe anyone until they've directly shown something or have been proven right in the past due to correct leaks. If Hero is legit time will prove them correct and I don't mind waiting to see if that happens.

Though in this instance it doesn't help either way. They're saying this video is fake but refusing to elaborate on why or how they know that and their posts lack any details we can use to determine if they realize we're talking about this being early test footage and not like a trailer shot or anything, and if it IS fake we have no idea where it came from and how the person who made it also got their hands on what seems to be confirmed test footage of two other SEGA games.

Mods have verified what they said
... have you so soon forgotten the Sony Silent Hill by Toyama fiasco, Angie? The mods blessing means nothing to me anymore. I can trust no one.
I know someone out there is going to not pick up on me joking around here unless I ruin my post by confirming I am joking around so I might as well.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
Not trying to call anyone a liar directly but I've seen more than enough fake leakers over the years that I don't personally believe anyone until they've directly shown something or have been proven right in the past due to correct leaks. If Hero is legit time will prove them correct and I don't mind waiting to see if that happens.

Though in this instance it doesn't help either way. They're saying this video is fake but refusing to elaborate on why or how they know that and their posts lack any details we can use to determine if they realize we're talking about this being early test footage and not like a trailer shot or anything, and if it IS fake we have no idea where it came from and how the person who made it also got their hands on what seems to be confirmed test footage of two other SEGA games.
So here's what I can say from what I've seen. Me and him pop up in the same threads from time to time when persona is brought up because I'm looking for persona 2 news and apparently he has inside info on persona/atlus and talks about it. What it looks like to me, from the information that's been posted, is his job puts him in a position to have direct information on atlus projects. I don't know if that's working for sega or a partner or something but that's what stands out to me and looks like the most obvious story here. It's understandable being weary of fake leakers but I've been following the mill for a long time and I'm not picking up on anything like that here.

He has commented on other things that aren't really in the public yet but sort of backtracked and edited some posts and things like that so it doesn't look like he wants to talk about it so I just dropped it. The only things he's commenting on are things circulating in the rumor mill for a while.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I wouldn't call making a couple posts and then not making more just yet "refusing" to elaborate, personally.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

On a side note, has that ever happened before lol, where someone that's lying has said a video is fake rather than the other way around

Status
Not open for further replies.