tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
AMFkiqY.jpg

Is that Downtown Buffalo? I went to UB for college at century's turn but back then, very few people would willingly live down there. Was there for a wedding a few years ago and it seems like things picked up a bit since then.

Bgamer90

Oct 27, 2017
Is that Downtown Buffalo? I went to UB for college at century's turn but back then, very few people would willingly live down there. Was there for a wedding a few years ago and it seems like things picked up a bit since then.

Yep! Huge turnaround these past five years. A lot to do. Night & day difference from the '90s and 2000s as you've pretty much mentioned. Big reason why I'm still in Buffalo. I went to UB too and originally planned on moving to another city after graduating almost a decade ago.

Last edited:

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
My setup. Nothing matches, but it's comfy. Pretty much all of the drawers are full of games or movies. Also have more games and movies in the closet. I don't use the PCs in the back of the room anymore, so the desk is just full of DC figures. Window is blocked out to keep reflections and stuff off of the TVs. I made the shelf for games in like an hour or so myself for like $20 or less by buying some stuff from The Home Depot.

owVSU3q.jpg

0iXSCM9.jpg

RRo1ldg.jpg

PSUwcfI.jpg

n5tFLVC.jpg

9iecUUg.jpg

zgg9DeE.jpg

Av0lY5c.jpg

dkSKlSL.jpg

Last edited:

art_vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
Oh a topic on cable management. Nice.
I redid my desk space recently with a new and much larger desk (no change to the gaming place).
When I did that I had to think of a (new) way to hide my cables (I hate visible cables). Everything Amazon had in store for me seemed half-assed, too big, to cheap or basically I had to get a new working desk with an integrated cable channel (I just bought the new wooden plate!). Hiding the cables in the wall was not an option, 100 year old solid walls... etc. The one visible cable has been hidden after the pic was taken, so please don't give me shit for that :)

I came up with a solution myself. Some leather, two tools (to cut 10mm and 4mm holes) coupled with LOXX (known as guitar strap security locks / also used in sailing apparently (2EUR per piece)) clip thingys did the trick.

Keeps all the cables hidden away, easy to add stuff later and with a minimal footprint. This worked better then I expected.
Leather strips are 9cm long, I spaced them 20cm apart.

This is awesome, I might give it a go. I'm using a walnut countertop for a desktop and the metal wire cable management... thing... I've got sucks. Haven't been able to find a solution I've loved enough to put more holes in it just yet though.

Also, what's that guitar between the LP Custom and PRS?

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That looks really cozy. You have a really great sense of interior design.

Thank you 😊

Looks great! What tv stand/cabinet is that?
I am in the market for a new cabinet. Does the console get enough air that way?
Is the TV unit a Besta Burs from Ikea but you've just chosen not to put one of the front doors on and changed to a wooden look?

Martmyte busted me. lol
It's the Besta Burs but I hacked it and added wood doors. Console stays fine in the cubby. I even keep the switch+dock in the cabinet while playing.

Deleted member 54073

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Martmyte busted me. lol
It's the Besta Burs but I hacked it and added wood doors. Console stays fine in the cubby. I even keep the switch+dock in the cabinet while playing.
I only recognised it cause I'm on the verge of buying one myself for my new place! haha. Love what you did with it, I see you've left one of your doors off.. I don't suppose you know the height of one of those 3 draws by any chance? I can't find the measurements anywhere.

Laevateinn

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
My setup. Nothing matches, but it's comfy. Pretty much all of the drawers are full of games or movies. Also have more games and movies in the closet. I don't use the PCs in the back of the room anymore, so the desk is just full of DC figures. Window is blocked out to keep reflections and stuff off of the TVs. I made the shelf for games in like an hour or so myself for like $20 or less by buying some stuff from The Home Depot.

owVSU3q.jpg

0iXSCM9.jpg

RRo1ldg.jpg

PSUwcfI.jpg

n5tFLVC.jpg

9iecUUg.jpg

zgg9DeE.jpg

Av0lY5c.jpg

dkSKlSL.jpg
Great stuff

Deleted member 10612

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is awesome, I might give it a go. I'm using a walnut countertop for a desktop and the metal wire cable management... thing... I've got sucks. Haven't been able to find a solution I've loved enough to put more holes in it just yet though.

Also, what's that guitar between the LP Custom and PRS?
Def give it a go! I had a metall harness before and it sucked major balls compared to this.

The gold one is a Nick Huber krautster II.

Edit: walnut countertop buddy's! :)

KingOfIceland

Oct 28, 2017
Iceland
Here's my very cramped setup from my tiny single room flat, I'm mostly posting this for posterity's sake as I'm moving to a proper flat with actual discreet rooms this summer so here's what I could fit in here:

Not pictured: Bathroom, bed, front door... that's it
3157477-1.jpg

PC setup (with bonus SNES Mini)
3157478-2.jpg

3157485-sk%C3%BDring%202020-01-08%20151735.png

Main console setup: LG 49UH610V LED TV, Sony SA-CT60BT soundbar, Nintendo Switch, PS2/3/4 Pro, Xbox One and ...uhh Xbox 1, Chromecast Ultra in the back
3157479-3.jpg

Old skool setup: Cheapo TV and VCR from a thrift store, my old Creative PC speakers, N64, Gamecube, PS2 slim (90004), PS1, Dreamcast, Mega Drive II, Wii
3157480-4.jpg

My handheld collection: Neo Geo Pocker Colour (dead screen unfortunately) DS Lite, GBA SP, GBA, Gameboy Colour, 3DS XL, PSP 1004
3157481-5.jpg

My haphazard media shelf, I can barely fit more stuff in here so I can't wait to get more space to put up shelves in the new flat.
3157482-6.jpg

Bonus pic: The miserable weather here in Kópavogur, at least the wind's died down.
3157483-7.jpg

art_vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
Def give it a go! I had a metall harness before and it sucked major balls compared to this.

The gold one is a Nick Huber krautster II.

Edit: walnut countertop buddy's! :)

Did you try any other strap buttons before settling on the LOXX for any reason in particular. Might do a test run, but I've only got a bunch of spare stock buttons and Schaller stuff on hand.

Shouldn't have asked about the the guitar. Shouldn't have looked closely at the the guitar. Shouldn't, but will send a PM about the guitar.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
We made a few decor updates since last time, adding some wall art, bookshelves, and more blankets and pillows.
The lights are dimmable and rear surrounds are in-ceiling to save space.

Samsung 82" 4K - NU8000
Denon AVR - S940H
Klipsch R-52C
Klipsch R-625FA with Dolby Atmos
Klipsch R-120SW
Klipsch R-65
PS4 Pro/PSVR
Sony Blu-Ray Player UBPX700

Rly8CUu.png

S4Rfo8m.png

cILl3Nt.png

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
We made a few decor updates since last time, adding some wall art, bookshelves, and more blankets and pillows.

Samsung 82" 4K - NU8000
Denon AVR - S940H
Klipsch R-52C
Klipsch R-120SW
Klipsch R-65
PS4 Pro/PSVR

Rly8CUuh.png

S4Rfo8mh.png

cILl3Nth.png

Love the tv but you get bonus points for watching The Expanse.

Deleted member 10612

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did you try any other strap buttons before settling on the LOXX for any reason in particular. Might do a test run, but I've only got a bunch of spare stock buttons and Schaller stuff on hand.

Shouldn't have asked about the the guitar. Shouldn't have looked closely at the the guitar. Shouldn't, but will send a PM about the guitar.
The Loxx are the best for this because they work the best by just pulling them. Schaller would not work since they need a particular orientation to open.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

Samsung 82" 4K - NU8000
Denon AVR - S940H
Klipsch R-52C
Klipsch R-120SW
Klipsch R-65
PS4 Pro/PSVR

Rly8CUu.png

S4Rfo8m.png

cILl3Nt.png
Awesome setup. Love the paint colours and contrasts of modern and classic decor.

master15

Nov 28, 2017
Return of one of my favourite threads. My set-up is basically same as last year although I may be moving in next 6-8 months. I have 55" Sony A1E OLED, with PS4 Pro connected to it. In addition a Sony HTCT290 sound bar and Amazon Alexa.

hZBdhci.jpg

oHwWmjT.jpg

jd1XXOM.jpg

Sgc2vBV.jpg

I finished a partial renovation to my basement, mainly just my one wall. This was my previous setup (55" LG B6):

QAPfBJd.jpg

This is after the partial renovation (TV is a Samsung Q90 75"):

wM0mNkC.jpg

YahUvx3.jpg

This picture is of the custom shelves I made. They are pretty useless since the logos get covered, but I know they are there:

TJ4rGzf.jpg

I got really tired of scrambling to find batteries when I had friends over, so I picked up four charge stands:

8c5EG6E.jpg

This wall has a storage room behind it, so I was able to run all the cords through the wall (except for the controllers, I had to run a wire cover):

BUMnT5M.jpg

adE95Fi.jpg

I have a couple glass shelves for some gaming & metal items I've collected:

wC8sk2G.jpg

This is the wall of couches, and various metal concert pictures:

ewRZIJ3.jpg

This is the part of the room for the kids:

vxNczYr.jpg

JHG9r9w.jpg

The only thing I have left to do is run some LED lighting under the shelves, and make a shelf for my Elite 2 controller. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
mGLIkGq.jpg

Welcome to the annual Post Your Gaming Setup thread. A tradition started over 10 years ago - from one legacy forum to the next. Post your gaming setups, living rooms, game collections, office setups, PC setups, furniture choices, any other home designs, and portable setups. This thread can be used for anything you want to post related to where you game or where you live. It's essentially ResetEra Cribs edition. Brag and compliment - no negative statements around someone's setup unless they are asking for critical feedback.

Here is my setup as of Jan 2020. A quick note, the reflection is easily removed when I click the button to bring down the blinds. I took the first 3 photos using the new wide angle option on my iPhone so some aspects may look a bit stretched.

2DOOqI0.jpg

iR3Hj6G.jpg

Za6x5Fn.jpg

YHJ0QfC.jpg

yRZY5HO.jpg

ZSfLkHL.jpg
HOLY man. I wanted to post mine but after this, I don't think I will. That some excellent minimalist gaming setup.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
X24LSQb.jpg

I haven't posted in ages. Much hasn't changed since 2013, besides new consoles and such.

55" Vizio E55-E2 (4K & HDR)
Nintendo Switch
PS4 Pro
Nintendo Wii (modded)
Xbox One S (all digital version)
Wii U and PS3 (60 GB phat) not shown

I have a lot of posters and art prints. Figurines, amiibos, props and a fucking shit load of art books. I need more shelves for them.

Last edited:

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
mGLIkGq.jpg

Welcome to the annual Post Your Gaming Setup thread. A tradition started over 10 years ago - from one legacy forum to the next. Post your gaming setups, living rooms, game collections, office setups, PC setups, furniture choices, any other home designs, and portable setups. This thread can be used for anything you want to post related to where you game or where you live. It's essentially ResetEra Cribs edition. Brag and compliment - no negative statements around someone's setup unless they are asking for critical feedback.

Here is my setup as of Jan 2020. A quick note, the reflection is easily removed when I click the button to bring down the blinds. I took the first 3 photos using the new wide angle option on my iPhone so some aspects may look a bit stretched.

2DOOqI0.jpg

iR3Hj6G.jpg

Za6x5Fn.jpg

YHJ0QfC.jpg

yRZY5HO.jpg

ZSfLkHL.jpg

American psycho indeed. :)

beautiful apartment!

Dolobill

Oct 25, 2017
Old skool setup: Cheapo TV and VCR from a thrift store, my old Creative PC speakers, N64, Gamecube, PS2 slim (90004), PS1, Dreamcast, Mega Drive II, Wii
3157480-4.jpg
I see you have the Retro Fighters Brawler 64 controller. I've been tempted to get one. I read that the analog stick can be overly sensitive. What do you think of it?

KingOfIceland

Oct 28, 2017
Iceland
I see you have the Retro Fighters Brawler 64 controller. I've been tempted to get one. I read that the analog stick can be overly sensitive. What do you think of it?
It's been a while since I've used a original N64 controller with a fresh, new analogue stick, my original one is pretty wobbly at this point. The only time I've thought it was maybe not as good was in Mario 64 when trying to execute the quick jump turn but then again it might have just been that way on the original one as well.

The controller layout, stick comfort and durability is far better imo, I would absolutely recommend it, at least as a second controller, especially if you want to play Mario Party without risking injury.

padbergus

Aug 10, 2019
The best setup on the thread, as far as I'm concerned. Love the cozy feeling, the old wood pillars, the white door with a hole and black hinges, The kitchen table, the TV shelf, and the floors. Yeah, I could definitely live there.

thank you so much! I love to live here, it is an very old house built 1613 (in germany) it is small, no wall is even, but it is very cozy :)

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
thank you so much! I love to live here, it is an very old house built 1613 (in germany) it is small, no wall is even, but it is very cozy :)

The TV shelf in particular was nice. Did you make it yourself?

Huh, that's older than I expected. I live in an apartment, in a building that was built in 1934, in Helsinki/Finland, and I love the old design; the style of doors, windows and batteries, wood/stone floors, large windows, and the room height.

ssnick37

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry in advance for the inconsistencies in lighting and image quality:

973oXr1.jpg

7w9ge90.jpg

29ZbuJP.jpg

Also, for those of you who collect SW figures, is there anything that's a step above the Black Series? The only thing I can think of is SH Figuarts but they generally seem harder to come by and don't have as many characters. It seems like the Black Series is the most popular line, quality, price, availability, and all other factors considered. Wouldn't mind adding a few stormtrooper figurines throughout my setup.

Love the A5s!

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also, for those of you who collect SW figures, is there anything that's a step above the Black Series? The only thing I can think of is SH Figuarts but they generally seem harder to come by and don't have as many characters. It seems like the Black Series is the most popular line, quality, price, availability, and all other factors considered. Wouldn't mind adding a few stormtrooper figurines throughout my setup.

Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but the Star Wars Kotobukiya stuff is a good in between of the Black Series and the previously mentioned SideShow collectibles. 1/10 scale so usually between 6-8 inches depending on who the figure is of.

Dick Whitman

Oct 30, 2017
Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but the Star Wars Kotobukiya stuff is a good in between of the Black Series and the previously mentioned SideShow collectibles. 1/10 scale so usually between 6-8 inches depending on who the figure is of.

Thanks. Compared to the Black Series, MAFEX, and Bandai, I think Kotobukiya is the closest to what I was looking for. I really like the 1/10 scale, and the fact that the ArtFX figures come with magnetic stands. The Black Series are nice but to me they're often hit or miss, depending on the character, and the quality (while good) still reminds me of a toy.

Oct 27, 2017
Here's my very cramped setup from my tiny single room flat, I'm mostly posting this for posterity's sake as I'm moving to a proper flat with actual discreet rooms this summer so here's what I could fit in here:

Not pictured: Bathroom, bed, front door... that's it
3157477-1.jpg

PC setup (with bonus SNES Mini)
3157478-2.jpg

3157485-sk%C3%BDring%202020-01-08%20151735.png

Main console setup: LG 49UH610V LED TV, Sony SA-CT60BT soundbar, Nintendo Switch, PS2/3/4 Pro, Xbox One and ...uhh Xbox 1, Chromecast Ultra in the back
3157479-3.jpg

3157480-4.jpg

My handheld collection: Neo Geo Pocker Colour (dead screen unfortunately) DS Lite, GBA SP, GBA, Gameboy Colour, 3DS XL, PSP 1004
3157481-5.jpg

My haphazard media shelf, I can barely fit more stuff in here so I can't wait to get more space to put up shelves in the new flat.
3157482-6.jpg

Bonus pic: The miserable weather here in Kópavogur, at least the wind's died down.
3157483-7.jpg
You say it's miserable but it looks beautiful. Looks like a nice cozy place to warm up and play games.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Took these down the other day, but I updated my setup by swapping out some pieces and making thing look overall better.

NbqTHLY.jpg

Ycx7K7w.jpg

kbJ8aP8.jpg

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Here i spend my holidays:

8vQIgUf.jpg

wqpa3ki.jpg

aUHyh0D.jpg

AVcVGky.jpg

What are the light cubes?! I want this ambiance, makes the space look super snug

Took these down the other day, but I updated my setup by swapping out some pieces and making thing look overall better.

NbqTHLY.jpg

Ycx7K7w.jpg

kbJ8aP8.jpg

I won't lie, this looks sorta "lived in" in some of the wrong ways...but if I were your neighbour I'd be over every goddamn day with snacks and ready to coop literally every coop game.