• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
Just a bad photoshop to match the black aesthetic of the rest of the Sony products. This is not a black PS5, it's someone colouring in a white PS5.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
I still hate the wings, but this "Kylo Ren helmet addition" certainly looks a LOT better than what they're currently trying to sell me.

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
I would rather have this than the white one, but is it too much to ask for just a plain box that matches everything under my TV? The red strips look terrible, it makes the whole thing look cheap. The controller especially looks like some kind of iOS GAMER Edition controller....just looks terrible

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
That's is just some liberty taken by a random graphic out there that had to do the promo and didn't liked the white console near all that black stuff...

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Please let me get this one. I like the look of the PS5 and the white on black color combo but that shit just isn't going to look right with my other electronics that are all black sooooooo.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I think the white one looks better. I dont know why everyone seems to be captivated by black electronics.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
0ypiYCj.png

I know, don't spoil my fun

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
All black hides some of what I dislike about the design. If given the choice, I'd buy the black version over the black and white version.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This must be legit..from a really small local Sony branch somewhere... that Xperia1 ,didn't it launch way back in early 2019?

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
That's what has been so stupid to me about the two tone color controversy. Even if it's not available at launch do people really think Sony would never sell you a solid black PS5? Seriously?

Rober

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 22, 2020
Lol Fake af. There is only this option. Thing is, they would also have to change the design of BOTH sku, including disc and digital edition. And also of all those accessories.
This is not happening.

That's what has been so stupid to me about the two tone color controversy. Even if it's not available at launch do people really think Sony would never sell you a solid black PS5? Seriously?
Did they ever sell a white PS4? Not including limited editions.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Probably legit, I imagine they wanted to lead their advertising efforts with the white SKU to differentiate it from Microsoft's gigantic matte black next gen monolith.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
A black model is an inevitability but that whole image is a terrible photoshop. Sony, what are you doing? xD

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like whoever the graphic artist that was pulling this together didn't want the white and blue of the PS5 and controller to clash with their red and black ad so they changed it.

Would love to see an all black version though.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Lol Fake af. There is only this option. Thing is, they would also have to change the design of BOTH sku, including disc and digital edition. And also of all those accessories.
This is not happening.

Did they ever sell a white PS4? Not including limited editions.

It was pretty much always "limited edition" but I think nearly every holiday season a glacier white console has been made very available. If you want to get a white PS4 it's very attainable even now if you don't mind buying second hand.

Having said that, is white as universally liked as a console color as black? Absolutely not. Once a solid black PS5 is made available for the first time you will have no problem getting such a PS5 from that point on.

zthan

Oct 27, 2017
That's obviously fake.

I like the white one but I'm sure there's going to be a black PS5 too, just as there was a white PS4.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I really hope there's a black one available at launch. White is always my very last choice for console colour.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Got so many fans in here calling it fake that I'm beginning to think that it might actually be real