Votes: 30 10.8%
  • Ultima

Votes: 11 3.9%

• Total voters

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
Got into this conversation with my brother about who is the most OP character between Clive and Sephiroth (I think it's Clive, he think it's Sephiroth). Throwing in Cloud and Ultima for fun.

Who would win in a fight, era?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
It's Clive. Of course, no one compares to the queen, Lightning.

2450235246e4d598b8704c4ae5733316.gif

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Clive, but the strongest character in the franchise is definitely Lightning, no contest.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
The character who'd put up the biggest fight before Lightning beats him is Clive.

speiky

"This guy are sick" says the Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
My heart says Sephiroth but my head says Clive.
Dude has a built in summon…can semi-prime and use other Eikon powers.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I think Sephiroth at the peak of his power is probably more powerful than Clive, considering Sephiroth canonically needed a whole party of people to put him down. And he just came back a few years later anyway.

And both Sephiroth and Clive can transform into giant monsters, so it's not like Clive has the Ifrit transformation as a boon over Seph.

Kayze

Feb 20, 2024
Clive needs to transform into an Eikon to fight other Eikons while 7 Characters like Sephiroth, Cloud, and Zack can use w/e Summon and fight Summons straight up.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Cloud wins because people like him, and in Japan the power of friendship beats all. Poor Clive.

Cloud is one of the strongest FF Protagonists from the Non MMO Games.

Clive and FF16 peak at Planet level.

Cloud is stronger than that alone just due to scaling to Zack when he fought Bahamut, not even counting the level FF7 is at the end being Solor System level.

Having access to Petrification, Shape Shifting, etc that Clive has no real counter to.

FF16 is on the Weaker end of Final Fanatsy.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
I apologise to Clive for saying he has no friends. I have a Covid fever and I regret my actions. This is not who I am.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Think Clive wins out of the 4 of them, Lightning beats them all and then Lightning loses to the strongest protag in the franchise: FF11's Adventurer.

Beats Gods, time Gods, reality warpers and everything else in a heartbeat with no issue.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Think Clive wins out of the 4 of them, Lightning beats them all and then Lightning loses to the strongest protag in the franchise: FF11's Adventurer.

Beats Gods, time Gods, reality warpers and everything else in a heartbeat with no issue.
The MMO protagonists are on a different level entirely.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Clive's 999999 punch is so over the top that it gets the vote regardless of actual strength haha
No, but seriously I think it's Clive by far

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sephiroth can cast spells without repercusions.

Edit: Clive didn't even get to defeat Bahamut without help.
These are both technically false as marks against clive, that version of clive that beats bahamut is what he uses to beat ultima, and until clive removed magic from the world he had infinite casts as well

Neutron

Jun 2, 2022
I was going to ask where Donald Duck is in this equation but didn't Dion boot him out of the Final Fantasy power rankings?

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Setting MMO protags aside, I'm pretty sure Clive is one of the strongest FF protagonists. The only ones I think are stronger are XIII-2 and onward Lightning, and Noctis with the Ring of The Lucii.

Cloud is like Captain-America-if-he-were-anime-tier

I think the party members from V are relatively strong too, if you're assuming maximum potential

Clive is the one thing about FF16 I would say everyone seems to like.
Ironic since him being a 2006-era edgelord was one of the biggest assumed criticisms pre-release. The power of Ben Starr.