• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Need to see the PS5 digital pre-order page to decide if i'm going digital or physical.

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I have the 'physical' regular edition of Miles PS5 pre-ordered. Can I later buy the deluxe upgrade to get the original game too?

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
Man, you know you done goofed when people don't even know how to pre-order your game, haha.

Looking forward to getting this on PS4 eventually, though. Loved the first one.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
same price as PS5? (mainly looking for any small savings if it might be cheaper to do the upgrade route). I'll be selling my PS4 so likely never playing it on PS4

The Dark Soul

Jan 2, 2020
México
I hope this is not a stupid question hehe

So, If I buy the PS4 version, i get access to the PS5 version for free. But if I buy the retail PS5 version do i also get the PS4 version for free? I'm asking because I'm planning to gift my PS4 to my sister and I wanted to know if she would be able to play the PS4 version if I buy the retail PS5 version.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

So, If I buy the PS4 version, i get access to the PS5 version for free. But if I buy the retail PS5 version do i also get the PS4 version for free? I'm asking because I'm planning to gift my PS4 to my sister and I wanted to know if she would be able to play the PS4 version if I buy the retail PS5 version.

I don't believe so. I think this is a one way upgrade?

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Going physical day 1 then selling, this is gonna be on ps plus at some point so I don't need to keep my copy, even if it doesn't I'll buy digitally on sale down the line.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017

Yes for PS4 physical, no for PS5 physical, since PS4 cant read BDXL disk.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Wait a minute, this is 50 pounds on ps4? What the eff... Is that serious..... I thought it was a lost legacy type game? Wasn't that like 35 pounds?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
just preordered PS4 using the cheap shopto code - thanks for that.

Now imagining the edge cases that will screw me up. I won't have a PS4 so will I be able to immediately download the PS5 version without having downloaded the PS4 version? Should be ok I think, it'll be in my library..

also - 44 days.. ooh getting closer

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I need the Ultimate Edition cause I want that remastered Spider-Man so this is a hold for me. Hopefully I'm able to pre-order PS5 games on the PS4, because otherwise how could I get pre-order bonuses on games dropping the same day as the system?

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I need the Ultimate Edition cause I want that remastered Spider-Man so this is a hold for me. Hopefully I'm able to pre-order PS5 games on the PS4, because otherwise how could I get pre-order bonuses on games dropping the same day as the system?

1. You can purchase SM:R through the game
2. You can unlock the preorder bonuses in game; they're not exclusive to preoder.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Lol, not buying Sony's new $50-$70 bs. Voting with my wallet. Not buying a PS5 either.
I'm sure that's the reason
Many extremely biased users tbh. Just went through a post history of a user on the Spiderman preorder thread saying It won't buy the PS5 or Sony $50-$70 bullshit and It didn't take 1 minute to find this:

Screenshot-20200929-133248-Chrome.jpg

The Dark Soul

Jan 2, 2020
México
Ok, second stupid question!

Do I lose access to the PS4 version if I upgrade to the PS5 Ultimate Edition? I'm guessing you don't, but you never know with Arrogant™ Sony™ LOL.

shanew21

Nov 7, 2017
So if I want the ultimate edition later, there's no way to do that right? Like, I want to get MM for PS4 now which upgrades to PS5 whenever I pick one up (likely next year), but would I have to buy the game again to get the ultimate edition with the remaster of the first game?

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
I'm just in for the standard version so I should be good.

It's just that I've hit the cap for my PSN wallet allowence (£150) and I bought more PSN credit than that (to cover launch games) so I'm sat here with some PSN codes that I'm unable to redeem. Was hoping to spend some of my wallet as soon as possible so I can get my codes used! Weird use case admittedly...
Not weird at all - I hit my limit a while back and had to preorder Cyberpunk and Tlou2 digitally to free up some space. I'm about to start stocking up again so need to get some preorders in soon!

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
So if I want the ultimate edition later, there's no way to do that right? Like, I want to get MM for PS4 now which upgrades to PS5 whenever I pick one up (likely next year), but would I have to buy the game again to get the ultimate edition with the remaster of the first game?
no you just buy the remaster from the MM menu for $20

Shaft

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Still waiting to SEE the upgrades of the remaster of Spider-Man PS4 compared to the BC version before I decide which version (ultimate or standard) to get.

Btw I know I could pre-order this version and then later choose whether or not to get the remaster when upgrading to PS5 version. It's just a matter of principle, so I'm holding off until they actually put in some effort to sell me on the ultimate edition.

*Edited for clarity

ScubaSteve693

Banned
Mar 26, 2020
I'm sure that's the reason
I don't normally say OOF but...OOF. Just wait until they finds out that the industry standard is most likely going towards $70 games. Everything will be SHOCKING and they will probably give up gaming as they can't support the new industry.

But on topic here, already got the physical ultimate editioin preordered at best buy, launch games I want physically so I don't have to wait for downloads even though I have gigabit speeds.