Feb 29, 2020
Recently I was watching a Parasite Eve 1 stream and OMG, the game didn't age very well... those backgrounds look really bad nowdays...

The same happens with Onimusha series, Dino Crisis, The Legend of Dragoon, etc...

I saw how great some games look with the upscaled AI, such as Resident Evil 2 and 3 for PS1 and Final Fantasy VIII and IX...

Is it too hard to apply this upgrade to more games? Because I'm sure that some fans would love to play those games with better textures!

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
RetroArch lets you use custom textures with the PS1 emulator so now all the games can be AI upscaled!

I tried with Chrono Cross and it's working flawlessly, the whole game can pretty much be played with AI upscaled backgrounds. Hopefully there's more to come.

The Legend of Dragoon

Someone was working on an AI upscale mod for it using thanks to RetroArch but i'm not sure what became of the project:

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil.

Resident Evil 3 in particular.

Look at this:
DyLpTiHWsAUhByf

DyLpVIRWkAA-hTI

Seamless_f.jpg

vfx_f.jpg

The details just pop. Capcom can literally just upgrade the character models into something closer to the CGI models and retouch some effects and stuff and they got a remaster worth paying for..

Last edited: