Oct 27, 2017
Under the bed
Games will be severely split into sections. Think of The Hobbit becoming 3 movies, now expect that to happen to games where to get the full game you actually have to buy 3 games. We already have this a little, but I fully expect it to grow into $60 titles.

I also fully expect games to start being sold piecemeal. $60 for single player, $60 for multiplayer.

Honestly, I'm beyond shocked Activision hasn't jumped on this opportunity with Call of Duty. Sell either campaign or multiplayer for $40 piecemeal, or $70 'complete'. Either part with all future content for $60 or $70. I expect that games with find a way to creep up their price while trying to appear to the masses as cheaper, which this would 100% do.

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing how you can buy trophies with in game currency in Nier Automata someone will see that and figure they can charge real money for it

DAHGAMING

Oct 26, 2017
When you install games you pay for them tp unrestricted it there end for a faster download. Playing online cost per game or you can buy packages, 20 matches for £5.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
A central aspect for many of the more distasteful (to me) monetization concepts is keeping up daily engagement with a software-as-a-service game. This is often done by rewarding players for logins, with larger "streaks" of logins resulting in larger rewards.

I see the next level of that as rewarding people for their firends' logins / login streaks. Basically directly employ your more dedicated players as continuous marketing agents.

Powerpuff

Oct 28, 2017
Games will be severely split into sections. Think of The Hobbit becoming 3 movies, now expect that to happen to games where to get the full game you actually have to buy 3 games. We already have this a little, but I fully expect it to grow into $60 titles.

I also fully expect games to start being sold piecemeal. $60 for single player, $60 for multiplayer.
From Final Fantasy VII to its Remake it has already been planed to split it into multiple games.

Plotinus

Oct 30, 2017
1. Individual lootbox algorithms that carefully adjust how much good stuff you get to keep you paying.

2. Lootbox cosmetics resell market managed by the publisher (they take a 35% cut of every sale).

3. Reward removal lootboxes. The game tells you that "earn" a bunch of awesome loot, but then you die an hour later, and you're in danger of losing all that awesome stuff because you didn't finish the level to lock it in! But wait! You can buy some special lootboxes right now, and if you get the right recovery item in one of them, you can come back to life and continue. Maybe if you're playing co-op, everyone has to buy lootboxes and get a recovery item, or everyone has to stop playing (and you all lose the loot you "earned") for maximum peer pressure. Coming to a Borderlands 3 near you.

4. Buying the $200 collector's edition gives you a permanent 15% discount on lootboxes! Really, you're throwing money away if you don't buy it...