Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
Of course he's on the wrong side of life.

The Maps That Prove the Daylight Saving Cycle Is Ruining Our Lives

f2f0bf38-ead0-49cd-a2kjfw.jpeg

3a77c8b5-4d50-4e7c-8b7k2m.jpeg

49040fc8-380a-44f9-a6djxb.jpeg

https://www.citylab.com/environment...-daylight-saving-is-ruining-our-lives/417600/
So this proves that keeping daylight saving time all year round would drastically improve peoples' lives. More sunlight in evenings.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate having sunlight when it should be dark. Nothing better than when it starts getting dark after work.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Question, is he saying making it ONE time year round is okay with him or is he saying KEEPING the Daylight Savings time structure we currently have is okay with him?

I am only asking this cause he is not the brightest crayon in the book and could be referring to it in the latter way since most forward thinking people from the left want it abolished.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Let's pick one and move on, If you don't like it then stay on the other time :)

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Question, is he saying making it ONE time year round is okay with him or is he saying KEEPING the Daylight Savings time structure we currently have is okay with him?

I am only asking this cause he is not the brightest crayon in the book and could be referring to it in the latter way since most forward thinking people from the left want it abolished.

He's talking about making DST the default time and doing away with the Spring/Fall time switch

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
For once I agree with Trump about something.

Winter is a struggle already, but getting out of work at 4:30 and it already being dark out is the worst

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
For once I agree with Trump about something.

Winter is a struggle already, but getting out of work at 4:30 and it already being dark out is the worst

Living in northern latitude, it is legit dark by 4:45pm in the winter. I like it getting dark at almost 11pm in late June. I don't need light and birds singing at 3:30am. So DST wins here.

Deleted member 29676

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Can curtains block structure the societal expectations to schedule your life around?

And how do they help with being forced to wake up before sunrise?

Like how every single other country in the world decided on SDT out of hatred of trump too.

Or you can just do what i do and wake up/go to sleep at the same time year round regardless of what the clock says.

Standard time i wake up at 430 and go to bed at 900
Daylight standard time i wake up at 530 and go to bed at 10

I work 9-6 in both cases so neither is impacted by the change.

Life goes on and you get used to it after a few weeks.

Last edited:

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Ok cool so you're cool with an hour and a half of light in your personal time in lieu of two and a half for the trade off of... Let me know if I got this right... Being level headed in the sense that all hell breaks loose due to moving the time an hour...

You mean like we do every year? Lol

If you have a solid example of something that would get fucked up, I'm all ears.

Edit: actually I think I'm wrong. assuming you're giving me your schedule based on times of nice weather based on you mentioning eating outsid That's daylight savings my friend. You want standard time? Your dinner is happening during the last half hour of light.

nope, that's without DST dude. WIth DST it would be 8:30ish for light. Without it's 7:30ish.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Living in northern latitude, it is legit dark by 4:45pm in the winter. I like it getting dark at almost 11pm in late June. I don't need light and birds singing at 3:30am. So DST wins here.
Yup. Not sure where you live but yeah in Wisconsin daylight is gone by 4:30-4:45ish

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Broken clocks.

I like leaving work with it still being sunny. Keep it that way please.

From what the thread seems to be talking about, it would be changing to making it an hour later permanently because of...... the winter? In Chicago the sun sets at 4:20 in December. Setting at 5:20 is no different for getting off work. It's still dark pretty much when people are leaving work.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Whatever it is right now, that's what I want it to be. I want more light in the evening. I get really depressed and don't want to do anything at all during the 6 months where it gets dark at 4:30. It's depressing have it be pitch black so early.

Also, I'm actually quite surprised he spelled it correctly instead of Savings like so many people do.

Also, this is a good Twitter thread to read through:

Just keep reading. It's ridiculously interesting.

Last edited:

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Whatever it is right now, that's what I want it to be. I want more light in the evening. I get really depressed and don't want to do anything at all during the 6 months where it gets dark at 4:30. It's depressing have it be pitch black so early.

Also, I'm actually quite surprised he spelled it correctly instead of Savings like so many people do.

Also, this is a good Twitter thread to read through:

Just keep reading. It's ridiculously interesting.

6 months where it's dark at 4:30? where the F do you live? Get checked for SAD and maybe get medicated.

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017
Man, I remember those late December days in Chicago where it'd look like dusk during my lunch break and full dark by 4:30. Dress that with the gray slush everywhere, and all you wanted to do was sleep.