• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Football, hurrah, will be watching.

That Harry thing I posted earlier, was mentioned on the BBC News word for word, 'saving him from embarrassment', just slipped in there like a rumour, pretty pathetic. Queen did confirm it's casual funeral dress at her word and Philip is getting carried along in a custom Land Rover Defender because he didn't want a fuss.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
It's 2021. Wall-to-wall coverage isn't necessary when people have the internet.

From the article:

The level of complaints about the excessive coverage appears to have caught the BBC by surprise, with insiders saying the coverage was influenced by criticism from the rightwing media who had claimed it underplayed the death of the Queen Mother in 2002.

It was just caving into the right's stupidity. How far the BBC has fallen.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Princes Harry and William will not walk next to each other. Peter Phillips will walk between them. Sure seems like they are on speaking terms again.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
The Royal wilderness, i was laughing at Bernard Jenkin's "the royals are the least privileged people in the UK" last night and now there's a royal wilderness.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's a no chief. Being publicly sad over a dead relative does not wipe away pedophilic sex crimes.

Kind of want to see what's said in the article but don't want to give that bs a click.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The Spectator have to cover for their own when Andrew Neil was also in Epsteins black book.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Yeah, that's a no chief. Being publicly sad over a dead relative does not wipe away pedophilic sex crimes.

Kind of want to see what's said in the article but don't want to give that bs a click.

Twitter comments seem to suggest the article thinks he needs to talk to the FBI or whatever before he can leave the wilderness, but he hasn't really done anything terrible.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
The actual article isn't bad - got curious and had a read.

The main jist is that he's desperate to return to a more prominent role, but the author suggests that this cannot and will not happen until he speaks with investigators.

Seems like a bit of a clickbaity headline in all honesty.

(and it worked on me)

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London

The main jist is that he's desperate to return to a more prominent role, but the author suggests that this cannot and will not happen until he speaks with investigators.

(and it worked on me)

Was the article spinning his behaviour to be less suspect than it seems, like still hanging around with Epstein after his abuse etc became known to the public?

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Was the article spinning his behaviour to be less suspect than it seems, like still hanging around with Epstein after his abuse etc became known to the public?

It doesn't really go into detail - other than mentioning that he was forced to step down due to his friendship, and the BBC interview - wouldn't say it was spinning the controversy though.

Edit: I guess you could rightly say that the author should be harsher on him as an individual, given the gravity of it, but I don't think it's an article that's favourable to him or his reputation.

It's very much about his own perceived attempts at redemption, rather than the author suggesting he should be redeemed, or that it's actually likely to occur anytime soon.

Very brief piece, anyway.

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
We are having a minutes silence at work on Saturday.
Thankfully I don't work Saturdays so I don't have to pretend to care

ruttyboy

Oct 29, 2017
We are having a minutes silence at work on Saturday.
Thankfully I don't work Saturdays so I don't have to pretend to care
The email I got from the council said that it's a 'national' minute of silence. I'm considering going out on the street and banging some pots together as a form of protest.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017

(and it worked on me)

It's a pretty dubious clickbait. Because I didn't click but now think that The Spectator is run by a bunch of pedos

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The British military has some wacky marching! I get that it's all old school traditional, but dang.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been in awe of the pageantry and preciseness and coordination in all of this.

On the flip side, this makes me want to play Dark Souls again.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
I wish there was someone explaining all these ridiculous costumes.

Not watching but ridiculous costumes as in old military ones? Because if I recall correctly the usa military also has crazy old silly costumes for some traditional ceremony things but they are very rarely used. Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I could have sworn I saw them and wondered why they also continued to use them. But if it is the old costumes I agree they're silly, or do you mean the costumes like are worn outside the palace on guards? Those are indeed also ridiculous and I always laughed when I saw pictures of my uncle wearing his on duty.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly the massively over the top reaction to his death has been the 10000th bit of proof in the last ten years that this country is just a massive pile of shit filled with weird, callous and uncaring racists, and that the vaguely hopeful (but still massively racist) domestic period under Labour I grew up under was a huge aberration.

We're fucked lads. Just absolutely fucked.
I too came to this sad realisation.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
BTS had a stream of 3 of their old concerts back to back on youtube today. 2mil+ viewers.

One of their songs is called So What

So there was this juxtaposition on twitter trends:

WK4Vh1Z.png

Oct 26, 2017

the sunday times front page. I don't know who this 'we' is, but then seeing the coverage of his racism played out like this over the last week, seems a lot of people ""secretly""" enjoyed it