• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh no.

Anyway.

Not like I'm going to feel bad that some old guy got to live 99 years in luxury for most if not all of those.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
Can't say I like the guy (Bit of a racist, to put it mildly) or the royals but damn that's big news.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa.

Got to admit I was shocked when the news broke just now on TV.

I mean, he was 99 but still...

Married to the Queen for 73 (!) years

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He was a constant like the Queen so big news but yeah he was definitely racist and cheated on the Queen.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
:(

He was mostly in the background during my lifetime, but still sad.

R.I.P.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
This was the guy that had all those memes about how old he looked recently right

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Very sad news. I hope Elizabeth is okay. To be married to someone for so long and then to have them gone must be devastating.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
He came down and opened our archery club a few years ago - just across in the park opposite windsor castle. Was funny as he was driving his Land Rover.

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
I actually ran into him one day when I was in central london. Ran into his bodyguards etc, but the only Royal I've seen up close.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
No need to eulogise the old colonial racist, the media will do enough for all of us.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Even as a person doesn't see point in royals dude had rough start with basically being a figurehead no power

He's a real, solid link back to the stupidity of european royalty.

Prince of Greece and Denmark, his mum a Battenberg born in Windsor castle with granny Queen Victoria watching.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
This is pretty major, I don't remember how they handled the death of Diana but this should be some interesting stuff to watch.

Dec 2, 2017
I look forward to the endless programmes on BBC 1,2 4, ITV and channel 5 about him and his what I expect they'll at best, refer to as a 'complicated legacy'

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty major, I don't remember how they handled the death of Diana but this should be some interesting stuff to watch.

Yeah, without sounding morbid, I don't know what the normal protocol is for broadcasters and stuff for something like this.

I remember reading something about what happens when the Queen dies (a lot), but this is obviously slightly different.