• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

starsleep3

Oct 25, 2017
PES 2019 coming 8/28 to NA. 8/30 to EU.
Looks like it is XB1, PS4, PC only. No more PS3/360.

Trailer here:

Three editions:
https://www.konami.com/wepes/2019/us/en-us/page/order
Legend Edition (Digital only)
Beckham Edition (Disc and Digital)
Standard Edition (Disc and Digital)

Leagues and licenses to be revealed soon. :/

MYCLUB
The biggest changes to myClub in years. Obtain strong players, play CO-OP, or go up against your rivals and compete in PES LEAGUE.

High Performance Players will be introduced to the game. Depending on their performance in last week's match, these players will have boosted stats and possibly new skills for a limited period. Strengthen your squad with these special versions of your favorite players or get introduced to new players who performed well.
pes2019_coutinho_card.jpg

Legend Players like Beckham, Maradona, Cruyff, Nedvěd, Gullit, Maldini, and Kahn will appear in PES 2019. New Legends will also be introduced later.
pes2019_bonus_legend.jpg

PES LEAGUE weekly matches is a new feature coming to myClub! Compete against other users within your group, which will feature a nice balance of people to match up with. Your division and position will fluctuate based on your performance. Various rewards can be obtained if you make it to the top ranking. Get new players, strengthen your squad, and play matches as you aim for the top!

The drama of the beautiful game, more visible and clearly portrayed through many different playing styles.

Introduction of 11 new skill traits that will help enhance player uniqueness, including cross over turn, no-look pass, controlled chip, dipping shot, and rising shot. These new skills increase the total in-game number to 39.

Player individuality has also been taken to the next level, where skills and strengths are more prominent in impact and motion during gameplay.

MAGIC MOMENTS
Dribbling animation and fluidity is now based on a variety of factors, such as player and ball positioning along the defensive line, precise feint movements to make a break around the sides, and awareness of the close proximity of the opposition while turning.

New shooting mechanics with unique varied animations have been introduced, including the motion of the ball slipping past the goalkeeper's outstretched hands, reactions of the attacker who just slightly missed, and more intense/joyful reactions around the goal area.

A significant introduction is Visible Fatigue, which is a reworked, rebalanced stamina system. Players will give clear visual indications when they are tired, with their stamina level impacting how they play. How you manage players during a match and when you make substitutions could be the difference between winning or losing.

Quick substitutions will be available when the ball goes out of play. A simple button press will give you recommended changes based on stamina and position. No need to interrupt the gameplay during a tense match!

Improvements have been made to make the movement of the ball more natural and varied. The trajectory of the ball is now based on posture and how the ball was kicked. Also, situations like the ball bouncing off the goalkeeper's body or hitting a defender during a block have more realistic outcomes.

Full body touch introduced last year has been further enhanced. How the ball is controlled depends more on the surrounding situation, allowing for smoother and contextual trapping of the ball.

ML REAL SEASON
Pre-season featuring the International Champions Cup, improved negotiations for transfers, and more licensed leagues. These 3 key changes will make you feel more like an actual manager.

Take part in the International Champions Cup before the season begins. Find your best 11, determine your strategy, and finalize your tactics for the new campaign.

Improved negotiation system and budget management. Added a re-sell and clean sheet options, so that strategy is needed not only on the field, but also with club management.

4K HDR support across all capable platforms. Experience PES 2019's realistic visuals with more clarity and a realistic range of colors.

Enlighten software has been used to rework lighting, both natural and stadium based. Stands and fields will closely mirror their real-life counterparts depending on the time of day, bringing a more realistic look and feel to PES 2019.

• pes2019_sansiro.jpg
  • pes2019_giuseppe_meazza.jpg
  • pes2019_002.jpg
Snow weather effects have been added. Not only will snow appear in the game, it will also affect gameplay. You will need to plan your strategy and make key choices based on the weather.
pes2019_anfield.jpg

The crowd has more details and animations added. Also, you will now be able to hear the excitement from the crowd throughout the stadium like never before!

• pes2019_signal_iduna_park.jpg
  • pes2019_arena_corinthians.jpg
  • pes2019_008.jpg
By focusing on the latest platforms, a dynamic resolution system has been implemented. See the on-field visuals with more detail and clarity.

• pes2019_lfc_enter.jpg
Copyright in the Enlighten is owned by or licensed to Geomerics Limited.

Last edited:

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
New lighting looks great. The other changes will need gameplay to evaluate. Interested to see what licensed leagues they'll have - described as "huge" but we'll see.

Hoping they've somehow managed to improve the editing on Xbox platforms so I can buy this for the X, but not holding out much hope.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get 2018, but 2017 was pretty fucking good and probably the best football game I've played since the PS2 era PESes. I'm definitely looking forward to the demo.

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, no Switch release. Not port begging, but probably not buying at sixty dollars if it isn't on Switch.

They really need to improve transfers in general, especially in simulation. Players move waaaaaaay too often in ML. Glad to see that they're addressing this.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Will this have arabic commentary? Cuz that is the one thing thatd make me choose fifa over it...

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
Was hoping for a Switch version but totally figured they'd release in August.

Lighting looks really good. Bummed I won't get a shot at it on Switch though :(

Ponchito

Oct 28, 2017
Mexico City
I mean I'm sure gameplay will be great but I'm more interested in the licensing. It's seems each year it keeps shrinking. It's a sad place. Competition would make FIFA and PES better. But PES is more defenseless each year.(Edit: to compete in sales, not gameplay)

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I really hope the International Champions Cup is not the new licence that was being teased...

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love the turn around PES has made in the last years, since they are with the Fox Engine.

I just hope the ML changes also include balance changes in prices and transfers.

OP
OP
starsleep3

starsleep3

Oct 25, 2017
Only licenses confirmed so far are Barça, Dortmund, Liverpool, AC Milan and Corinthians. These shouldn't surprise anybody, though.
Confident there will be many more.

From the bottom of the webpage:
AVgfohp.png

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
They only talk about myclub mostly, since pes was and has been a lag fest with horrible input lag, this will be the first year i wont be buying the game, ill download the free version once its available.

Oct 27, 2017
Only licenses confirmed so far are Barça, Dortmund, Liverpool, AC Milan and Corinthians. These shouldn't surprise anybody, though.
Confident there will be many more.

From the bottom of the webpage:
AVgfohp.png

Never thought I would post this on ERA, but, VAI CORINTHIANS!!!

Really excited after reading everything. I want to see the changes they made to MyClub, though I think it will be harder to get top players because Konami.

Can't wait for gameplay and a demo!

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
good shit, looks legit good. i loved 2017, best football game by far. FIFA is just being lazy now, since they win so comfortably in terms of sales.
I will go PES this year once again.

Brend

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Willing to bet there's still no Celtic and combined with no Champions League and some platforms being left out *cough cough* this one will be a reduced price purchase for me.

Shame really, I don't think EA can quite do the CL justice like Konami do. It'll end up being 'cold' like any other licensed league in FIFA.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Im guessing MLS, Bundesliga and Japan or Chinese licenses were added. I always enjoy the gameplay changes and I am excited to see how the ball bounces in players because right now it seems overscripted.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope that the Chilean Estadio Nacional is in this thing

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
Willing to bet there's still no Celtic and combined with no Champions League and some platforms being left out *cough cough* this one will be a reduced price purchase for me.

Shame really, I don't think EA can quite do the CL justice like Konami do. It'll end up being 'cold' like any other licensed league in FIFA.

It's ridiculous that Celtic are not featured in PES anymore.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Quick subs is a nice wee addition. One of the only things I liked from playing the most recent FIFA demo.

moonknight93

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Exclusive licenses of stadiums, leagues and teams should be banned at an international level. This stuff only produces monopoly, it represent unfair advantage for companies that have more money and prevent other companies to create games about football.

Brend

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
It's ridiculous that Celtic are not featured in PES anymore.
They've trimmed a lot of fat in recent years - presumably to try and reduce the number of unlicensed teams as much as possible.

Shame really, any true PES fan would actually want as many teams as possible regardless of licensing or not. Not like that was ever the reason most started playing.

Tournament licenses are another story. I'd rather have Champions League than the OCD detail specific clubs get. Doesn't really matter if you're playing all your away games in the KONAMI Stadium does it?

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
They've trimmed a lot of fat in recent years - presumably to try and reduce the number of unlicensed teams as much as possible.

Shame really, any true PES fan would actually want as many teams as possible regardless of licensing or not. Not like that was ever the reason most started playing.

Tournament licenses are another story. I'd rather have Champions League than the OCD detail specific clubs get. Doesn't really matter if you're playing all your away games in the KONAMI Stadium does it?
The CL/EL licence only provided two stadiums, though - and I doubt there's anything to stop Konami from licensing the stadiums through their respective clubs. Other stadiums would come through the licenced clubs.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017

Regarding Celtic it just seems ridiculous you have one of the biggest clubs in Europe not in the game. Damn konami could license Celtic and I doubt the cost would be that high.

At the moment there literally is no Scottish team representation at all in the game.

That not right!

Brend

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The CL/EL licence only provided two stadiums, though - and I doubt there's anything to stop Konami from licensing the stadiums through their respective clubs. Other stadiums would come through the licenced clubs.
Yeah, I could have been clearer. I was meaning that whilst clubs like Liverpool, Dortmund and Barcelona are getting fantastic levels of authenticity, the rest of the game is still ultimately lacking so unless it's a home match - they don't really make that much of a difference. I'd rather see money put towards retaining UEFA licenses, that was my point...

I know these types of deal are headlines (which KONAMI dearly need to fight EA) but sometimes it can be overwhelming. Let's not forget the Barcelona celebration that was PES 2017 lol.

Regarding Celtic it just seems ridiculous you have one of the biggest clubs in Europe not in the game. Damn konami could license Celtic and I doubt the cost would be that high.

At the moment there literally is no Scottish team representation at all in the game.

That not right!

The only chance I think Celtic had of showing up was if they really tried to drive home the CL/EL license but we know how that has ended up...

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My brother loved the 2018 PS3 edition.
Hope I can find him a cheap PS4!