• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Putting everything else aside, I feel like we shouldn't have to point out how insane it is to dismiss accusations from multiple people because "obviously they're trying to get famous," yet here we are. That has been a bullshit deflection and way to blame/dismiss actual victims forever, and it almost never has any resemblance of reality; At the very least, it's the worst assumption to start with.

What purpose would they lie for though?

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I was about to say, a minor lying about their age doesn't make illicit interactions with them suddenly OK.

He also says that he never sent them the nudes. This is what happens when a lot of people don't actually look at the evidence he provides or listens to his arguments. A lot of this thread centers around "I can't believe he excuses his sending nudes to minors as an accident!". When that's not what he does. He argues that he never spoke to one of the 2 persons and that he did speak to the other, did ask about his age even though the accuser very clearly stated the opposite and never sent him any nudes, even though he supposedly lied about being 18+.

We don't even have to talk about if we think the evidence he provides is enough to believe those points.The discussion isn't really even at that point yet. We have to start by actually ackowledging the arguments, instead of continuing to make them up on our own and then start attacking him based on those made up arguments.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
I'm not giving him a view, but how does he try and get around the plenty of concrete evidence showing he was a creepy, cheating, possible pedo, scumbag?
Basically he didnt know the ages of the girls he was trying to get with. And some of them lied. Seems reasonable enough.

As for the cheating he and his wife had a toxic open relationship.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
I was about to say, a minor lying about their age doesn't make illicit interactions with them suddenly OK.

Are you basing your response off of just the tweet? If so, I'd suggest watching the video because that's misrepresenting what Jared said.

If you are basing it off of the video, I'd suggest you re-watch that portion of the video because again, that's misrepresenting what Jared said.

Basically he didnt know the ages of the girls he was trying to get with. And some of them lied. Seems reasonable enough.

He also claimed that he never sent them any inappropriate pictures to begin with. Not sure why you'd leave that part out.

With his weird tumblr, we can't be certain that he never exchanged nudes with a minor, even if it was never his intention to do so.

I mean yeah, that's true, but he did provide some solid receipts that he didn't exchange them with the two people that came out and said that he did.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
He also says that he never sent them the nudes. This is what happens when a lot of people don't actually look at the evidence he provides or listens to his arguments.
With his weird tumblr, we can't be certain that he never exchanged nudes with a minor, even if it was never his intention to do so.

Sylvie

Aug 26, 2019
People should still be willing to listen to what he has to say even if by the end the outcome of what you think about the person is still the same. Watch it on a mirror site where he doesn't get any clicks/views if you have to, but if you are so willing to condemn someone for life because of tweets/images, you should at least be willing to spare even 10 minutes of the video to see their defence to serious accusations. I know that requires some effort compared to calling someone FUCKING SCUM on a forum but hey ho.
yeah, i'm sure all the underage people he hit on would be fine with us "heaing him out" too, lol.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
Regardless if they are or aren't, at the end of the video he asks for money through watching his YouTube and Twitch vids. He's definitely trying to maintain a career and this isn't even an apology video when it's all said and done.

Him begging people to watch his shit is pretty much the same as monetization in my book. Dude is so fucking scummy even if he isn't a pedophile.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017

As for the other stuff he just doesn't really remember them so it's only fair we forget about it too

Also he openly admits to trading nudes with fans, underage or not that's plenty enough for me

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
yeah, i'm sure all the underage people he hit on would be fine with us "heaing him out" too, lol.
That's the thing, he claims he never knew they were and that he always made sure asking them if they were at least 18. In at least one of the cases he has evidence of asking and getting lied to about the age, which was purposefully left out by that person when making the accusation.

kaftan

Oct 27, 2017
I gotta say, he convinced me. Pretty disappointing bit about all those YouTuber's covering the story whilst not a single one reached out for comment or his side. Yeah, the part about power imbalance in being open for nudes from fans is surely little troubling (compared to he's a monster general consensus), but as he showed evidence, he never solicited those and made sure all parties involved are 18+.

Whether or not the accusers lied, the fact is he has no idea if the person he's showing his dick to or asking for nudes is an adult or not. It's just not behavior he should have engaged in with his fans, and there's no telling how many minors may have sent or received images. It's possible, hell even likely, that's he's not a pedophile, but it doesn't change that his behavior was careless, irresponsible, and potentially illegal. This is basically the rockstar/groupie defense. When there are so many fans, it's hard to know, but that doesn't justify the behavior.

Doesn't he talk about this? Says that he's fully aware about the power imbalance and that he regrets he did this.

He also says that he never sent them the nudes. This is what happens when a lot of people don't actually look at the evidence he provides or listens to his arguments.

I don't remember the exact part you're referring to, but didn't he admit that he did exchange nude photos with fans? And that he didn't with those two that he talks about?

The underage accusations were never the only issue here, the issue is how fucking manipulative he was to his ex-wife, how manipulative he currently is with Heidi, and how manipulative he was toward his fans.
This is the most depressing thing for me. People already were dismissing the cheating and manipulation because "is none of our business", and now that the comes forward to "clean himself" of the child accusations suddenly we have to accept him returning to his Youtube work like nothing happened?

Even if he was on the clear about the kids pics, he still is a massive jackass who is manipulation people as he wishes, and he actually used his fame for shitty stuff. As true as the point he makes on his video may be, that doesn't give him a free out of jail card for all his wrongdoings. There is zero self-reflection, there's no apology, there's no "I'm willing to change", nothing.

He doesn't talk about his ex wife in the video much, because of legal reasons as both of them are involved in a legal case. But with regards to that - they were in open relationship and Holly provided some screencaps proving that Heidi new about this. Even Holly's then partner knew about and was ok and was even supportive of Jared. Quite frankly the vibe I'm getting is that his ex wife was abuser - I remember reading some screencaps and feeling like she come off like an abuser and manipulator. All the hallmarks of "I'll do this or that to myself if you leave", "I'll ruin you", reading his personal messages and texts and controlling him, his friends supporting him and encouraging him to leave his ex wife as they felt she was having a destructive impact on his mental state and not the other way around... I wouldn't be surprised that after their legal dispute is over and he'll be able to provide his side of the story on her accusations, then he'll appear not guilty of being complete and utter shitbag 99% of the internet he thinks he is.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Boogie is deplatformed here for what are pretty publicly known and obvious reasons. I don't think he's relevant to this discussion.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
As for the other stuff he just doesn't really remember them so it's only fair we forget about it too

Also he openly admits to trading nudes with fans, underage or not that's plenty enough for me
I didn't say he was innocent. Not knowing the ages of girls doesn't make it not illegal.

At the end of the day he should reflect on his transgressions and get a private job outside of YouTube.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm actually curious myself, did he specifically do something recently or is it just that he's been kind of shitty for a while?
I don't really want to derail the thread, and any content of him is banned here, so... I dunno how to even adress this lol. Apart from being the most memeable, obnoxious both siding dipshit, he also seems to have been abusing and being manipulative towards his wife. Thing is, he went off the rails lately which makes these claims a lot more believable. I'll send you a vid in PM to show you what I mean.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

Thanks. I don't feel that really makes it too much better and does he touch on the claims he used his position to get with his fans and then just ghost them when he had his fill?
I'm pretty sure the open relationship was already out there too right? But his wife thought they stopped, but he kept going with it.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
Thanks. I don't feel that really makes it too much better and does he touch on the claims he used his position to get with his fans and then just ghost them when he had his fill?
I'm pretty sure the open relationship was already out there too right? But his wife thought they stopped, but he kept going with it.

What you are quoting doesn't really explain the whole thing. It's probably better to just watch the first ~20 minutes or so if you really want to know. There's a lot of half-truths floating around here where it looks like the person wasn't really interested in what Jared actually had to say to begin with.

He did talk about exchanging pictures with fans in the beginning, but didn't say anything about ghosting them when he had his fill at all.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
Reading through this thread I'm kinda baffled how many users of this forum throw out posts without putting a single thought into it. It's disgusting that this happens in a thread about severe accusations such as this.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
I just don't want to watch 40 minutes of this dude acting like he's the victim in this situation.
Then don't partake in the conversation, because you're the equivalent of a pedestrian walking by a dude holding up a sign that says "Obama is the devil!" than decides to grab apitchfork and start marching.

One of the biggest problems of toxicity is everyone's desire to look at as little information as possible, join a bandwagon, and start spouting smarmy comments because they must be on the right side.

Not a defense of ProJared btw, just a frustration at shitty discourse on the internet.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Reading through this thread I'm kinda baffled how many users of this forum throw out posts without putting a single thought into it. It's disgusting that this happens in a thread about severe accusations such as this.
Yep. Shame to see on a board that is well-known in the industry as well. Would love to see more thoughtful discussion here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone with the time give me a concise answer as to why Kyle Bosman's name is in this thread?

Jared claims he's never been on a panel with MatPat before but there was a panel at a convention where MatPat and Bosman were on stage together so some people were making the inference that maybe the person in question got Bosman and Jared confused because they vaguely kind of might look similar if you were drunk or blind?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone with the time give me a concise answer as to why Kyle Bosman's name is in this thread?
Someone made poor speculation based on a comment in the video when the video never mentions Kyle by name or implicates him in anything. There is nothing to discuss regarding him in this thread.

Sylvie

Aug 26, 2019
That's the thing, he claims he never knew they were and that he always made sure asking them if they were at least 18. In at least one of the cases he has evidence of asking and getting lied to about the age, which was purposefully left out by that person when making the accusation.
if i ask someone if they're 18 or over before i give them alcohol, i'm still in the wrong if they turn out not to be.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Regardless if they are or aren't, at the end of the video he asks for money through watching his YouTube and Twitch vids. He's definitely trying to maintain a career and this isn't even an apology video when it's all said and done.

Hahahaha, yepppppp.

Don't forget to check out my other videos and streams!
> GAMEPLAY CHANNEL: ___
> TWITCH CHANNEL: ___

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Pamela Horton accuses Jared of acting inappropriate towards her on multiple levels. Jared later claims that she was talking about an E3 panel that he couldn't have been a part of(she has never publicly claimed this, so you would have to take his word) someone posted a video of an E3 panel suggesting that she may have confused Jared with Kyle Bosman, other posters pointed out that she knows Kyle Bosman very well and would not have confused the two

Aug 27, 2018
Then don't partake in the conversation, because you're the equivalent of a pedestrian walking by a dude holding up a sign that says "Obama is the devil!" than decides to grab apitchfork and start marching.

One of the biggest problems of toxicity is everyone's desire to look at as little information as possible, join a bandwagon, and start spouting smarmy comments because they must be on the right side.

Not a defense of ProJared btw, just a frustration at shitty discourse on the internet.
I'll go ahead and participate in any conversation I feel, thanks for the trying to tell me I can't though. Appreciate it.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
for people wondering about boogie they're referring to something like this vid, i've only watched part of it, but it seems to cover a lot of why he's awful. im not sure i can bear nearly an hour about why boogie is an abusive gaslighting and manipulative trashbag.

as for projared fuck him royally. he dares to fucking release something on today of all days.

what a shitty day.

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
so does he talk at all about his emotional gaslighting of his ex-wife and his cheating and generally terrible treatment of women or is the entire video "it's okay officer she told me she's 18'

Status
Not open for further replies.