• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Im watching it now. So far yeah he has the receipts about the pedophila stuff. However I have not finished it and he hasn't gotten to the cheating on the wife stuff yet.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
I can understand not wanting to watch the video or support the creator, but paraphrasing other people who are paraphrasing other people who are pretty much going with just the title/thumbnail isn't the way to do it.
If you want to go "oh, so basically he's saying this" then maybe find out what he's saying first. According to other posters here, he says he didn't send nudes to the underage fans. If he has evidence backing this up, then I'm sure it'll come to light soon enough. If not, then he's not the brightest for making this video.

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
Even if he didn't know they were underage, it's still a crime and he needs to be processed like everybody else

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
The facts in relation to people lying about either their age or their mental state does not change the fact you sent a picture of your erect genitals to fans. It's still an event that occured regardless of whether or not you recall it. That very real undoctored imagery will haunt you until the end of days. And nothing you do will change that.

But he's specifically debunking the notion of the underage stuff, which he was hammered on really hard for. It seems like you are intentionally just leaving things out. I don't see the first half of his video trying to absolve him of all guilt, it's providing probably the best receipts we've seen of the actual occurrences revolving around the accusations of the stuff with minors.

As a matter of fact, in the very beginning of the video he acknowledges that he still did do that stuff, and that it was unhealthy.

I guess I just don't understand how this is relevant to the part of the video you are talking about. It's not.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Isn't he going through a divorce?
Presumably, yes. Not sure, I haven't followed this since it happened. Keep in mind though that what they bring up in that divorce could lead to more legal action, etc. if evidence provides and is useful to the divorce, especially if any amount of Jareds assets are involved/expected to be split.

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Do you think he's going to continue to do so? If you think he'll stop, that should tell you there was something very unhealthy about him doing so in the first place.
Would you keep sending nude pics if we shamed you for it? There's nothing unhealthy about two consenting adults sharing nude pictures.

He didn't offer anything, everything was consensual but it's fucked in my opinion. Getting fans to send you nudes knowing they're only doing it because you're "projared", is still a power move whether he knows it or not.

Yeah I understand where you're coming from. I guess I just relate that to any kind of celibrity -- is it weird when rockstars take their fans backstage for you? For me it's just part of success. Bill Burr has a good bit about it :

I saw one article written about it on the cover of Time Magazine. It said, "Why do so many rich, famous, and powerful men act like absolute pigs?" Right? And the article was actually written by a woman. That's like me writing a book, The third trimester and what to expect. Ladies, you're gonna feel a pressureā€¦ how the hell would I know? You don't wanna hear that from me, right? Then why is this woman telling me what it's like to have a dick? That makes no sense. You have no idea what it's like to have a dick. 24/7ā€¦ "Do it, do it, fuck it, do it." That's what it's saying. "Do it, do it! Yeah, do it!" That's how we survived as a species. Every man in here is programmed to fuck 85% of the women in this room. Right? Yeah, we are. "Do it, do it, fuck it, do it" you know? It's just that you won't. That's the only reason why we don't, you know? That's not you keeping your dick in check, you know? Some guy at home depot, working there, he wants to fuck just as many women as a celebrity, right? But he can't do it.

That's humor, but I hope you can see his point reflecting mine.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Im watching it now. So far yeah he has the receipts about the pedophila stuff. However I have not finished it and he hasn't gotten to the cheating on the wife stuff yet.

He barely touches it, but says he has texts that show the "other side" which he can't show for legal reasons.

And yes, he does have the receipts that catch the accusers in a number of lies and cast quite a bit of doubt on the legitimacy of the accusations towards pedophilia/etc.

Without this going to court (and I doubt it will), I think the public opinion has already been set and this won't do anything to change the general opinion of him.

Hopefully he and Heidi have their personal issues resolved via court privately as he has implied is happening, and he gets the help he obviously needs for everything else.

I won't touch any content with him moving forward.

Last edited:

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
I don't like ProJared, he's done some weird shit, but still, this video was pretty convincing. He does provide evidence for the accusations, and it doesn't seem to me like he's done anything illegal. He gets a pass from me for now.

It also shows how it easy it is to convince a mob of something nowadays. The fact that none of the content creators actually reached out to him for his side of things was... pretty damning. Sad to see honestly.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like ProJared, he's done some weird shit, but still, this video was pretty convincing. He does provide evidence for the accusations, and it doesn't seem to me like he's done anything illegal. He gets a pass from me for now.

It also shows how it easy it is to convince a mob of something nowadays. The fact that none of the content creators actually reached out to him for his side of things was... pretty damning. Sad to see honestly.
you fell for his bullshit video? you poor sucker you.

grunkleFungus

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
NC, US
Would you keep sending nude pics if we shamed you for it? There's nothing unhealthy about two consenting adults sharing nude pictures.

Yeah I understand where you're coming from. I guess I just relate that to any kind of celibrity -- is it weird when rockstars take their fans backstage for you? For me it's just part of success. Bill Burr has a good bit about it :

That is the dumbest, most idiotic take I've seen on anything today. Including the trolls. How dare the women who get abused by men speak out about how awful men can be! Cis men who blame shit on their dicks should have them cut off if it's such a problem.

Hikari_Ryu

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
I know projared is a piece of shit, but how is Kyle Bosman involved with this? I seriously hope Kyle isn't a predator, I love EZA.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019

Worded my thoughts

(mat)

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I think it's worthwhile to watch the video before commenting on it. It's crazy to me that people have already condemned this guy without hearing his response. It's understandable to want to be outraged and join in on the mob when it's about sexual abuse and minors, but I think it's only fair to hear both sides first, right? What a rough time we're living in.

That being said, I haven't watched the video yet, so he could very well actually be a monster. I'll watch the video without any preconceived notions when I have some time later and come to my own conclusion afterwards.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I watched it. I thought it was well made. He provides any receipts he has and is open about whats been going on. Dude has been silent for legal reasons not because he's guilty. Seems the two underaged individuals are lying and fishing for publicity. Which is fucking disgusting because it hurts real people when you bullshit about sexual misconduct.

People accusing him of victim blaming are ridiculous, how can you victim blame people who lied about being a victim?

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
That is the dumbest, most idiotic take I've seen on anything today. Including the trolls. How dare the women who get abused by men speak out about how awful men can be! Cis men who blame shit on their dicks should have them cut off if it's such a problem.

Hmm, is that what you're reading into this? That's really not the intention. It's humor.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Today of all days....

From the very beginning Jared has shown that he is utterly clueless on PR. He has no idea how to handle his brand and this shitstorm. You could say it's just bad luck that he chose today to be the day (probably well in advance), but if he had a clue he'd have delayed this video a week or two once news of all these rape accusations in the industry broke.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Timing couldn't be worse, god damn.
If the evidence of Charlie leaving out the fact he asked about their age to later claim he didn't isn't forged, that's kinda damning to be honest.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017

Do you actually know what century we're in? HURR HURR I HAVE A DICK AND LIKE TO FUCK really isn't a valid excuse for anything.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I was about to say, a minor lying about their age doesn't make illicit interactions with them suddenly OK.

Reading some of the responses in here I'd say it's like this website exists in an alternate reality, but I've seen this same song-and-dance play out here multiple times with these tepid defenses against accusations of sexual abuse.

Do you actually know what century we're in? HURR HURR I HAVE A DICK AND LIKE TO FUCK really isn't a valid excuse for anything.

Haha, yeah, fuck. Statutory rape was OK when [rock star] did it is possibly the worst possible argument anyone can make here, especially because that was a thing that happened fairly regularly. Yeeeeeesh.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

That's disgusting.

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
But he's specifically debunking the notion of the underage stuff, which he was hammered on really hard for. It seems like you are intentionally just leaving things out. I don't see the first half of his video trying to absolve him of all guilt, it's providing probably the best receipts we've seen of the actual occurrences revolving around the accusations of the stuff with minors.

As a matter of fact, in the very beginning of the video he acknowledges that he still did do that stuff, and that it was unhealthy.

I guess I just don't understand how this is relevant to the part of the video you are talking about. It's not.

Believe me when I say that I'm a former fan of Jared, and I would love to give him the benefit of the doubt here. So I don't want to seem like I wasn't paying attention to his response vid, or is just cherry picking for my own sake.

The only point I'm making is that the age of the participant is rather irrelevant to the subject of his actions and behavior. it severely hurt its reputation under these circumstances (which is an understatement, of course), but is not an all green to absolve him of his less than, pardon the pun, professional ways he's become known for over the past year. I wish him luck in trying to get his shit together. If JonTron can do it, so can he.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
I watched it. I thought it was well made. He provides any receipts he has and is open about whats been going on. Dude has been silent for legal reasons not because he's guilty. Seems the two underaged individuals are lying and fishing for publicity. Which is fucking disgusting because it hurts real people when you bullshit about sexual misconduct.

People accusing him of victim blaming are ridiculous, how can you victim blame people who lied about being a victim?

Wtf? Care to provide any proof of your claims?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Of course I'd stop. You and I obviously have completely opposite morals and view points regarding this. What Jared was doing was incredibly unhealthy and the fact a lot of his fanbase are younger people, the risk of sending or receiving nudes from someone underage was very high. Its all very disgusting and whether you want to try and justify his actions or not, in my opinion it's unforgivable and I'll always view him as a sexual predator.

Status
Not open for further replies.