• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Battle footage they posted about a year ago was looking good so excited to see the full game now.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even notice any ass shots or what the main character was wearing or her breast size. I was too focused on the environments, atmosphere, bosses and some of that flashy combat. Was trying to figure out if it was a Nier sequel or a Platinum Game lol.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): Dismissive commentary around objectification
I fucking love how this looks and love the soundtrack too (if that is the OST for the game). The combat almost doesn't even look real at times, the visual effects and combat flow look unbelievable.

Not sure why people are so "shocked" at her outfit. It's pretty, pretty tame compared to Bayonetta getting naked mid-fight and fighting with her hair, which is the dumbest shit ever. And 2B blowing her clothes off.

This game looks AMAZING.

Last edited:

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Excessively on the nose with the Nier Automata world aesthetic, but I do like the details of those giant half finished statues strewn about. Looks good.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
the jiggle physics 🤦‍♂️

d2vx7Qh.gif

Sep 14, 2018
No release date/year, no platform info, no when can we expect more news.

At least it's been in development for a few years, and it does look far along ish.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Oh yea this was not something I liked personally. Also took too long. Feels like the player will be starring at a shiny butt all the time. Guess it's part of the appeal but it kinda sticks out. I dont really care but maybe not something I'd play with others watching lol.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Feel like the game is part Muv-Luv Alternative on the enemy grotesque design and protagonist look and part Nier Automata without the random gameplay stuff. Enemy design is the highlight definitely and the boss fights looks amazing.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
ngl for a moment I thought this was a new capcom game or bayonneta lol. Thats mostly because of how good it looks and seems to play. Hopefully this stay this way and doesnt change mid developpement like babylon fall

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
body painted asian girl? she looks like one of those cheap stock 3d erotic game characters.
I get what you mean by this, and the overall aesthetic certainly adds to this, but I felt the design looked more striking and considered than that.

I liked the green, and the slim fit works well with the kineticism, much like with Bayonetta.

Fukuzatsu

Oct 25, 2017
No release date/year, no platform info, no when can we expect more news.

At least it's been in development for a few years, and it does look far along ish.
Sadly, this is basically what happened when it was originally revealed--announced in 2019 with no target year, a vague nod that it would come to "various platforms including consoles", and no particular timeline for when the next update would be.

I don't know where this was ever explicitly stated, but GamesRadar reports it will be coming to basically everything; PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC, whenever it does eventually release. DualShockers reported the same thing back in 2020, albeit with a more speculative tone.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I get what you mean by this, and the overall aesthetic certainly adds to this, but I felt the design looked more striking and considered than that.

I liked the green, and the slim fit works well with the kineticism, much like with Bayonetta.

"slim fit" is the jeans I wear, not the painted on latex she wears LOL. She's functionally nude

i mean. The enemies look cool. The world looks fine, and the action looks decent, but the character made me cringe in that "I'm embarrassed to be in the room watching this with my husband" feeling. As the camera keeps swooping past her butt and her constant jiggles.
I mean we all know what they're selling this game on, it's not the action.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
"slim fit" is the jeans I wear, not the painted on latex she wears LOL. She's functionally nude

i mean. The enemies look cool. The world looks fine, and the action looks decent, but the character made me cringe in that "I'm embarrassed to be in the room watching this with my husband" feeling. As the camera keeps swooping past her butt and her constant jiggles.
I mean we all know what they're selling this game on, it's not the action.
Different strokes for different folks, if you'll pardon the crassly chosen turn-of-phrase.

Much as I appreciate the result for the reasons I mentioned, I'm not disputing the bolded in the slightest.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
At first it was kinda meh but then the tunnel slide came and even the main character design fit it. It's the nier automata environments that clash really hard with the main character. Hope they change it, can't have enough of these games.

One thing I'd appreciate is toning down the sheer skin tightness of MC's outfit at least a bit (oh, and take the jiggle down a notch, por favor).

Otherwise, that element of this particularly stylized, gorgeous character walking through Nier-esque environments was fun to me. I enjoyed that clashing effect.

It's partly the fact that there's a strong sense of...reframing, I guess, throughout the whole trailer? For example, MC's design definitely evokes Korean MMOs, but I'm not used to seeing that sensibility fused with sensibilities that so strongly evoke games like Bayonetta and Nier. I get similar vibes from something like Genshin Impact. In general, that's been one of the cool parts of getting more exposure to games from regions like China, Korea, and India, in that we get to see lessons they've learned from games everybody's familiar with but with homegrown influences that are going to be novel to a lot of people.

Much as I appreciate the result for the reasons I mentioned, I'm not disputing the bolded in the slightest.

I'd actually dispute that! MC's hot, but the design wouldn't do anything for me without all the surrounding context. I think there's a whole lot of room to criticize the MC's design without that sort of reductionism.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
body painted asian girl? she looks like one of those cheap stock 3d erotic game characters.
looks like a Honey Select custom character. I expect to run into her on one of my h-sites, like someone earlier said she would be a Skyrim mod. it's kind of fucked up.

That combat posted looks pretty bad, comparing it to Bayonetta's or Devil May Cry's combat should be a crime. Top that with the character's design and the constant ass shots, I'll pass.
cutscenes show more character action but gameplay appears more in the line of Dark Souls.

Last edited:

Art__Thief

Jun 1, 2021
That combat posted looks pretty bad, comparing it to Bayonetta's or Devil May Cry's combat should be a crime. Top that with the character's design and the constant ass shots, I'll pass.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
For a second I misread this as Parasite Eve but after watching the video it kinda looks like it other than the character.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Excessively on the nose with the Nier Automata world aesthetic, but I do like the details of those giant half finished statues strewn about. Looks good.
I don't know if I'm imagining this or not but seems like a lot of games set in "post apocalyptic" cities/towns with not an npc in sight lately. Just a pet peeve of mine.

Meta

"This guy are sick"
Oct 29, 2017
Screenshots from the trailer would be perfect for a "Don't Play This Game If You Are Under 40" ad at the bottom of a tech blog.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I like his stuff but only in the context that it all fits within the world and only in increments. this doesn't look it.
Yeah I suppose it's not fair to suggest there's no place for that style. But it definitely draws attention to itself in a bad way when a blatantly lewd character design is casually included in a commercial product that puzzlingly has nothing at all to do with getting glazed and slimed in a hentai wonderland.

Like, there's kind of a disconnect here. Am I supposed to be fighting aliens or testing the limits of my endurance in the tentacle forest?

Last edited:

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
totally I agree with you. I understand she is from space station land and earth is overrun by fleshy saw aliens but when did point-at-my-vulva become the outfit of choice?

RavenK92

Nov 3, 2020
If Nier Automata, Final Fantasy 7 and Devil May Cry had a baby, this game is exactly what I'd expect it to be

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even notice any ass shots or what the main character was wearing or her breast size. I was too focused on the environments, atmosphere, bosses and some of that flashy combat. Was trying to figure out if it was a Nier sequel or a Platinum Game lol.

She has a skin-tight, reflective suit and almost every fixed camera angle finisher move shown in the trailer has her butt fill up like a third of the screen. And this trailer showed a lot of power moves.

I absolutely think most women would give the side-eye if they saw a guy playing this in front of them and that's like the general test I use for fanservice stuff.

If Nier Automata, Final Fantasy 7 and Devil May Cry had a baby, this game is exactly what I'd expect it to be
The monsters sort of look DMCish but it's hard to tell what the combat would be like. It seemed more of a cross between Nier and Hellblade.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
The music in this was fucking awesome. Reminded me of FFXIV. The gameplay looks like a cross between DMC and Automata. This is definitely on my radar now.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Loved everything about this. I'm over the character design shit post-Bayonetta so it doesn't really bother me anymore.

One thing... I NEED the music played in this trailer. Jesus.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The action looked good enough to me, but oh man that character design is hilariously bad

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Also felt reminded of Bayonetta, especially with the ass first slow-mo ass shot. Thought it was gonna be Bayonetta 3 and some random business change happened and suddenly it's on PS5.

But yeah, that character design is mega typical Korean hot girl stuff. Even the other lady they showed was typical Korean beauty model stuff. A bit off putting, not gonna lie.

Enemies aren't my thing but they animate nicely. Gameplay reminded me of Metal Gear Rising in a way, so I'm interested for that reason.

One I'll keep my eye on, but I expect it'll be dirt cheap on PC in no time.

saiko

Keeper of the White Materia
Nov 4, 2017
Looked a lot like Bayonetta, ass shots and all.

Will keep an eye on this. The gameplay looks like it could be fun.

Oct 27, 2017
One of the worst thing about it along with the bad sexualization is the fact most people will now think of this whenever Parasite Eve is mentioned.