• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Man Sony really dropped the ball. Fuck trophies if they are the reason games don't come out. Make the games cheaper instead of adding trophies.

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's a shame, really. I wanted at least Forbidden Siren 2, it's up on US PSN for PS3 but in EU we miss it.
That and...really the PS2 library is huge. All MGS, Silent Hill, so many games, so little offer.
Sony as usual dropped the ball. And I also don't like the fact some Classic are just too expensive, like 20+€ for Star Ocean....why? There should be a maximum on the price publisher can adopt. It's a rom with trophy support running on an emulator, not a Remastered.

OP
OP
Kinan

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yakuza Kiwami 2 is not a remaster, it's a straight up remake. Plays COMPLETELY differently than the original with a new engine, new traversal system, everything being dynamic as well as completely new story content and side stuff.

EDIT: You added SotC there too, and that's also a remake. Bit of a nitpick I guess but you really should characterize remakes and remasters separately.

Well, there are only few remakes and remasters anyway, do not see any benefit to have a new category with only 2 entries. Also, hard to put some objective parameters what is already remake, and what is still remaster. I guess I'll just put remake/remaster in the title of the section.

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Has there been any word on the next Jak and Daxter game? In the original announcement I thought they said they were doing 1-3.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Thank you for bringing this thread back, I was going to make it when I got privileges, but yours is a lot better than mine would have been.

I will now commence screaming SUIKODEN 3-5 NOW!!!! at the top of my lungs.

Tony Montana

Oct 27, 2017
Sony's done a shitty job with this. If the trophy requirements are the problem here then remove them. I'd rather play the games without trophies than not play them at all. Also, give me God Hand.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
I would take 5, but I want all 3 on my PS4 since I don't have my PS3 anymore.

Actually, I'll take all 5 of them if Sony would get around to PS1 on PS4, but that's best left for another thread...
Hah I know what you mean.

Suikoden 2 & 3 came out on psn in 2015.
Suikoden 4 is out in Oct 2016.
Hopefully we will hear about Suikoden 5 this year or at the least the beginning of next year.

Gun

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any word on the next Jak and Daxter game? In the original announcement I thought they said they were doing 1-3.
1-3 and Jak X
They said that the games would be available at the end of the year, but never gave a date to the other ones

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
What could have happened to cause this program to fall apart so completely? Could the mere addition of trophies really be to blame for this!? Is there even any hope for the Sony first-party stuff to be added now? God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Sky Cooper, etc.?

Gun

Oct 27, 2017
Well, there's a lot of great games in the list, but only 50 is almost nothing If you look to the PS4 library
What could have happened to cause this program to fall apart so completely? Could the mere addition of trophies really be to blame for this!? Is there even any hope for the Sony first-party stuff to be added now? God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Sky Cooper, etc.?
Maybe the sales aren't good enough.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Well, there's a lot of great games in the list, but only 50 is almost nothing If you look to the PS4 library

Maybe the sales aren't good enough.
Well, I mean, of course the sales aren't good enough. There aren't many games here people would want to buy, and there's virtually no marketing of any kind to let people know they even exist. Just awful. All I even wanted was God of War 1 and 2 before the new game hit. :(

RazielCr_

Oct 27, 2017
This is grear OP, thanks... i'm really looking forward to Legend of Legaia 2, such an underated game

RazielCr_

Oct 27, 2017
This is great OP, thanks... i'm really looking forward to Legend of Legaia 2, such an underrated game

Ashgar

Oct 28, 2017
We got Star Ocean 3, but not Radiata Stories. I hope this initiative isn't over, so we can get that other Tri-Ace PS2 game on PS4.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
People rather inserts discs they already own
Y'know, a part of me wants me to be cynical and say this program failed because Sony simply doesn't care, and just doesn't want to put in any effort/money to getting these games working on PS4 (this is probably what's going on). Another part of me is hoping against hope that maybe, just maybe, Sony has all but abandoned PS2 Classics because they've seen what MS is offering with BC on X1 right now, and are feeling inspired/pressured by this, and this want to offer something similar. If this was the case, nothing would happen with PS4, obviously. But PS5? Maybe, when PS5 launches, it has PS4, PS2, and PS1 BC (with PS1/2 BC working like it does for OG Xbox/X360 on X1). This is obviously wishful thinking and won't happen, but man, it would be awesome.

Oct 31, 2017
I lost any hope for any sort of BC when PS1 games never made it over to the ps4. The easiest thing to emulate.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
This is what I want.

Because there is zero chance that they will ever re-release the following cool games on PSN:

TimeSplitters
TimeSplitters 2
TimeSplitters 3
SSX
SSX Tricky
SSX 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Tony Hawk's Underground
Tony Hawk's Underground 2
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Amplitude
Frequency
Burnout 3
Burnout Takedown

Last edited:

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017

True. Nintendo have had pretty good success reselling games though so it's not like this strategy was doomed from the get go. Especially with how many awesome games the PS2 has this should be a slam dunk.

But to be honest none of the games they've released so far interested me. And with the way it's going the games I want like Killer 7 and Timesplitters being a little more obscure I don't think I'll ever see them.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
We're a month away from PSX and Jak 2, 3 and X have yet to release so I'm guessing a PSX release? Really wish they expanded this, I don't need trophies I just want my PS2 library on my PS4

Oct 30, 2017
We're a month away from PSX and Jak 2, 3 and X have yet to release so I'm guessing a PSX release? Really wish they expanded this, I don't need trophies I just want my PS2 library on my PS4

I was just about to ask if Sony has updated us on the Jak games...the announcement article made it sound like all 4 were hitting at the same time and that TPL would be given away with copies of Incharted. Imagine my disappointment when they didn't launch, and, even worse, they went completely radio silent on them.

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
This is what I want.

Because there is zero chance that they will ever re-release the following cool games on PSN:

TimeSplitters
TimeSplitters 2
TimeSplitters 3
SSX
SSX Tricky
SSX 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Tony Hawk's Underground
Tony Hawk's Underground 2
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Amplitude
Frequency
Burnout 3
Burnout Takedown

Whilst TimeSplitters in general, is in some form of limbo, it would be the most likely to be released from that list.

Re-licensing the soundtracks for the rest would be a major pain in the ass for publishers and I'd guess most wouldn't even try. I honestly wish they would simply remove the soundtracks, if that would mean the game could be released alot easier.
I mean, worst case scenario is that I make a Spotify playlist of the songs in the game to simply play over the top... solves the problem!

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the PS4 to get broken into so we can then get access to that PS2 emulator. Imagine then putting our own collection.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
While I have been pleased with the list so far, it is definitely lacking in the long run. Hopefully despite the non-conference of PSX, we get a few more announced during then!

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I was looking for this thread the other day but couldn't find it because of the lack of 3 character searching (no PS2 or PS4).

Thanks for making the thread.

I have a question, I bought the GTA trilogy and I'm having some strange performance issues. The audio cuts out all the time,just for 1/4 second or so but it's very frequent.

There's probably other performance issues as well but I don't care about those.

Tried turning on/off boost, light trails etc. No dice.

I googled the issue and other people have experienced it but more people seem to have zero issues.

Any thoughts?

(also, I'm loving the trophies in these games and the arcade classics).

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for reviving this thread! I still cannot believe Sony has not released Ape Escape 3. It feels like we're in a 3D platforming renaissance and I need my ape catching fix.

ManniUncanny

Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame, really. I wanted at least Forbidden Siren 2, it's up on US PSN for PS3 but in EU we miss it.
That and...really the PS2 library is huge. All MGS, Silent Hill, so many games, so little offer.
Sony as usual dropped the ball. And I also don't like the fact some Classic are just too expensive, like 20+€ for Star Ocean....why? There should be a maximum on the price publisher can adopt. It's a rom with trophy support running on an emulator, not a Remastered.

This is all I want too. I check the PS2 games every week hoping to see Forbidden Siren 2 or any of the Fatal Frames.

I think you're mistaken about Siren 2 being on the PS3 US Store. I rushed to get it because I'd reconnect my PS3 just to play it.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for bringing this thread back, I was going to make it when I got privileges, but yours is a lot better than mine would have been.

I will now commence screaming SUIKODEN 3-5 NOW!!!! at the top of my lungs.
*hugs* And don't forget about 2 AKA the best in the series AKA one of the best jrpgs of all time (I mean for PS4 ofc).