2. ScopehJ

ScopehJ

It’s Happening.gif

3. Sinfamy

Sinfamy

"Confidential"

4. score01

score01

Same. I don't really have any need to change my name though so its wasted on me I guess.

5. Shadio

Shadio

I only got it 4 minutes ago and clicking the link already takes me to a page that says:
    Unfortunately we are now at capacity for this stage, we will reach out if more Beta users are needed.

6. Need to think of a better name than TheLegendOfMart now, seemed good at the time but I hate it.

7. De-mon

De-mon

Got mine, I'm from Spain.

8. ~Fake

~Fake

Where is my email? 70correr here I go.

9. LAM09

LAM09

The day has finally arrived

10. Pankratous

Pankratous

So this confirms 6.00 had nothin' to do with name change if there's more new firmware for this.

The fuck did 6.00 actually do?

11. Azdoune

Azdoune

Same for me,

Change Online ID Overview

As part of the System Software 6.10 preview, we are rolling out the upcoming Change Online ID system feature. As a preview user you will be able to change your Online ID using the new system tools.

To use this feature please ensure you have a clear understanding of the implications of changing your Online ID and the software’s restrictions – described in the following sections – before software installation. If you are unsure, do not download and install the Preview Programme software.

Important Information Before Changing your Online ID:

Not all games and applications for PS4™, PS3™, PS Vita, and other PlayStation® systems support the Online ID change feature. If you change your Online ID:
    • You may lose access to content (including paid-for content) that you have acquired for your games, including content like add-ons and virtual currency.
    • You may lose your progress within games, including game saved data, leaderboard data and progress toward trophies.
    • Parts of your games and applications might not function properly, both online and offline.
    • Your previous Online ID(s) may remain visible to you and other players in some places.

Change Online ID Restrictions During Preview:

The changes during the preview will adhere to the following structure:
    • First change is free for all users.
    • Second change will be charged at €9.99 / £7.99 (PlayStation®Plus subscribers receive a 50% discount).
    • If your previous Online ID violates any of the current Terms of Service, you will not be able to revert back to your previous Online ID.
    • You can revert to your previous Online ID once per account during the preview period.
    • Sub-Accounts cannot utilise the Change Online ID feature.
    • After you change your Online ID, it may take a few hours for some services and applications to reflect the new ID.

If for any reason you have issues after changing your Online ID you can revert back to your previous ID at no charge. However:
    • you may only do this once during the preview period;
    • changing back to your previous Online ID may not fix all issues (you may not recover all or any lost content, progress and functionality; and
    • if you want to change back, do so as soon as possible because changing back to your previous Online ID may affect content, game progress and functionality associated with your new Online ID.

12. MrTired

MrTired

13. AbandonedTrolley

AbandonedTrolley
    Member OP

That's strange as I hadn't actually clicked it and just did and got in fine

14. cooldawn

cooldawn

Reading all those details...I don't think it's worth the risk of changing anything.

There's potentially financial loss involved.

15. manustany

manustany

Downloading the firmware... can’t wait to brick my PS4 Pro!

16. JMaine518

JMaine518

NEVVVVVVER!!!!!!

17. Strafer

Strafer
    The Flagpole is Wider Member

yeah that's going to be a no from me dawg

18. DMVfan123

DMVfan123

What did the bet entail again? Was it before the end of the year or before 6.1?

19. Cess007

Cess007

DA FUCK?!

20. AbandonedTrolley

AbandonedTrolley
    Member OP

FaintColt388301 will be mine!

Yeah I can only assume this is due to DLC maybe being tied to a username which will obviously disappear. I'm hoping that this is maybe just those that do things outside of the store.

21. Nintendo

Nintendo

No thanks. Not gonna risk losing Red Dead 2 lol.

22. Fezan

Fezan

Wait you can lose your dlc etc by name changing or am I reading it wrong

23. JMaine518

JMaine518

The original bet was PSN Name Changes getting announced at PSX this year but they canceled it so I revised the bet to PSN name changes announced before the next update and now that I’m reading it over. I already won that revised bet so I’m not throwing it out lol

24. MrTired

MrTired

Should have taken the W when you had the chance.

Pretty sure it was Name changers would come this year with the 6.00 update.

25. Is this only on older games such as PS3 and early PS4 titles? That's what was suggested previously.

26. DMVfan123

DMVfan123

Just go head and take that W JMaine

27. OgTheEnigma

OgTheEnigma

How about 'TheLegendOfMartContinues' ?

28. MrTired

MrTired

[​IMG]

29. bombshell

bombshell

It doesn't say that, if you read the whole sentence. The bit behind the parenthesis is the same sentence, so it's not about losing access to games themselves, but that add-on content access may be lost for some games.

30. Conjo

Conjo

Yes. According to some old Unreal Engine changelog (2016), they were already preparing for this with firmware 4.00 https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/11/16/ps4-sdk-change-psn-account-names/

31. Wollan

Wollan

Really? 6.00 could be helping facilitate all of this.
    Maybe there were flaws they needed correcting ergo 6.1.0.

32. Shubh_C63

Shubh_C63

Wow. Seems psn will always be haunted by their initial bad implementation. Missing out on content due to name change is insane - even hilarious if you end up paying for that service.

Doesn't affects me much though.

33. Nintendo

Nintendo

Same thing. I got the ultimate edition lol

34. bombshell

bombshell

That's how I read it too.

Add-on content that involves a download from the store is safe, which is most content anyway, but there is sometimes content that doesn't have a download and is tied to your ID server side by the game itself. That is the content that can be lost.

35. Diablos

Diablos
    has a title. Member

Whoa, I wasn’t expecting there to be any financial risk involved in changing your Online ID. Hopefully this will not be a problem in the future as they continue to work on it.

36. Styrman

Styrman

Um... I think I'll wait.

37. liquidtmd

liquidtmd

Lol yeaaah no I'm gonna let others be the guinea pigs for this one

38. kennyamr

kennyamr

Thankfully I'm still ok with my old username.

39. replicantUK

replicantUK
    Banned Member

Got my access.

Will try a name change as you can go back to your old one. Will hopefully allow me to match it up with my xbl name (if it is available).

40. Samus Aran

Samus Aran

Welp, better finish up Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Deady Premonition before they vanish. Hopefully you won't lose trophies for older games, that would suck ass.

41. wideface

wideface

I'm liking these odds...

42. Guymelef

Guymelef

Who has the balls to try it if it can broke dlcs etc?
    We need brave people.

43. Thanks.

I may take the risk then as I don't really player older games.

44. Skeleton

Skeleton

Only Sony can fuck up name changes so badly that you have the possibility of losing your DLC / Purchases.

45. liquidtmd

liquidtmd

'Don't worry, only tiny fraction of very old DLC content may be at risk!'

Ron Howard: "Everyone started getting locked out of P.T"

46. *Splinter

*Splinter

[​IMG]

47. MajinArekkusu

MajinArekkusu
    Banned Member

To be fair isn't it more tied to the crappy id system they established years ago. I bet they really try to make it as smooth as possible.

48. BrettHeazy

BrettHeazy

That's a no from me at this point then

49. Dead Prince

Dead Prince

are people still talking about losing access? isn't that a warning they give out with beta program in the past?

50. Aurc

Aurc

TheLegendOfWalMart
    TheLegendOfPaulBlart
    TheLegendOfPlayingDarts

There's some ideas for ya!