Discussion in 'Video Games' started by AbandonedTrolley, Oct 23, 2018.
Just got this here in the UK
Same. I don't really have any need to change my name though so its wasted on me I guess.
I only got it 4 minutes ago and clicking the link already takes me to a page that says:
Unfortunately we are now at capacity for this stage, we will reach out if more Beta users are needed.
Need to think of a better name than TheLegendOfMart now, seemed good at the time but I hate it.
Got mine, I'm from Spain.
Where is my email? 70correr here I go.
The day has finally arrived
So this confirms 6.00 had nothin' to do with name change if there's more new firmware for this.
The fuck did 6.00 actually do?
Same for me,
Change Online ID Overview
As part of the System Software 6.10 preview, we are rolling out the upcoming Change Online ID system feature. As a preview user you will be able to change your Online ID using the new system tools.
To use this feature please ensure you have a clear understanding of the implications of changing your Online ID and the software’s restrictions – described in the following sections – before software installation. If you are unsure, do not download and install the Preview Programme software.
Important Information Before Changing your Online ID:
Not all games and applications for PS4™, PS3™, PS Vita, and other PlayStation® systems support the Online ID change feature. If you change your Online ID:
• You may lose access to content (including paid-for content) that you have acquired for your games, including content like add-ons and virtual currency.
• You may lose your progress within games, including game saved data, leaderboard data and progress toward trophies.
• Parts of your games and applications might not function properly, both online and offline.
• Your previous Online ID(s) may remain visible to you and other players in some places.
Change Online ID Restrictions During Preview:
The changes during the preview will adhere to the following structure:
• First change is free for all users.
• Second change will be charged at €9.99 / £7.99 (PlayStation®Plus subscribers receive a 50% discount).
• If your previous Online ID violates any of the current Terms of Service, you will not be able to revert back to your previous Online ID.
• You can revert to your previous Online ID once per account during the preview period.
• Sub-Accounts cannot utilise the Change Online ID feature.
• After you change your Online ID, it may take a few hours for some services and applications to reflect the new ID.
If for any reason you have issues after changing your Online ID you can revert back to your previous ID at no charge. However:
• you may only do this once during the preview period;
• changing back to your previous Online ID may not fix all issues (you may not recover all or any lost content, progress and functionality; and
• if you want to change back, do so as soon as possible because changing back to your previous Online ID may affect content, game progress and functionality associated with your new Online ID.
Ready to throw out that PS4?
Reading all those details...I don't think it's worth the risk of changing anything.
There's potentially financial loss involved.
Downloading the firmware... can’t wait to brick my PS4 Pro!
FaintColt388301 will be mine!
Wait you can lose your dlc etc by name changing or am I reading it wrong
Maybe there were flaws they needed correcting ergo 6.1.0.
Wow. Seems psn will always be haunted by their initial bad implementation. Missing out on content due to name change is insane - even hilarious if you end up paying for that service.
Doesn't affects me much though.
Add-on content that involves a download from the store is safe, which is most content anyway, but there is sometimes content that doesn't have a download and is tied to your ID server side by the game itself. That is the content that can be lost.
Whoa, I wasn’t expecting there to be any financial risk involved in changing your Online ID. Hopefully this will not be a problem in the future as they continue to work on it.
Um... I think I'll wait.
Thankfully I'm still ok with my old username.
Got my access.
Will try a name change as you can go back to your old one. Will hopefully allow me to match it up with my xbl name (if it is available).
Welp, better finish up Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Deady Premonition before they vanish. Hopefully you won't lose trophies for older games, that would suck ass.
I'm liking these odds...
Who has the balls to try it if it can broke dlcs etc?
We need brave people.
I may take the risk then as I don't really player older games.
Only Sony can fuck up name changes so badly that you have the possibility of losing your DLC / Purchases.
Ron Howard: "Everyone started getting locked out of P.T"
are people still talking about losing access? isn't that a warning they give out with beta program in the past?
There's some ideas for ya!