• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
DX3Y2Sq.gif

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oookay, we will quickly see if the filesystem and signing have been drastically modified to block cheats.
Thanks for the heads up OP, i ll have to make sure not to update.

TheCreationTS

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
London
Why you all think the name change thing is coming with a PS4 update! That's a PSN thing, doesn't concern PS4 Updates! The name changing will be on PS3 and PS Vita as well. So i think that's a whole other thing!

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
It seems extremely likely that there's some serious stuff that this update does behind the scenes, perhaps in preparation for a PSN name changing launch late this year.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Why you all think the name change thing is coming with a PS4 update! That's a PSN thing, doesn't concern PS4 Updates! The name changing will be on PS3 and PS Vita as well. So i think that's a whole other thing!
It would at the very least need a new "Change name" option somewhere in the PS4 account management page.

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Sony for destroying all efforts to explain version numbering systems to end users. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━━━━┻

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can you turn up the obnoxiously loud start up beep yet?

My wife freaks out every time I turn the console on.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Why bother releasing system updates at this point? Piss off with your stability. I never found the stability a problem as much as they make it sound

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Didn't we have cool codenames for 1st digit updates before?

What is the codename this time?

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I get that they're hiding stuff to reveal later, but I'm mindblown they've pushed a major milestone update like this with zero user-facing features. I would have rather waited until they were ready to show everything.