• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
I'm hoping it has better fan management built in. My PS4 pro is ruining my enjoyment of Spiderman with its jet engine sound.

Shmunter

Banned
May 28, 2018
Luke Mears - Online Safety Team Manager for PSN

Fw 6.00 Protects children even more by implementing no cross play all the way at the FW level

Last edited:

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
UncomfortableLeadingAtlanticblackgoby.gif
I know this is all for the jokes, but this shit is Horizon Zero Dawn levels of terrifying.

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude no way did they really release 6.0 with nothing. Why did they beta test it? Something fishy is happening here.

They created a new locked down savegame format (the sixth), to prevent modding them (because they made ingame lootboxes use moot for SP content, removed useless grinding, unlocking events etc). They could have written security improvements, but they did not , to maximize the spread.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
I still think something will be announced next week just on the implication that there is no PS blog announcement for 6.00. They have previously listed all features on major updates on the PS blog, and then some people would find hidden features as well.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just downloaded the update this morning and was surprised to see that no new features were mentioned. I'm on team #newsiscoming.

arturo2666

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just the store ? For me it is also the other psn features like the news feed or UI éléments that need psn loading, I need to do a network test to get it work.

I thought I was alone

Yeah sounds like the same thing. Usually after closing out of Netflix or something I have to test internet to get it to log in again.

There was a thread on the old place about it that had suggestions about setting up a static IP and other stuff, I just haven't bothered to try and fix it.

Not sure if it's okay to link there, but if you Google "ps4 have to test internet to get it to work" it was the first result for me

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I'm hoping it has better fan management built in. My PS4 pro is ruining my enjoyment of Spiderman with its jet engine sound.

it´s the game. no other game lets the pro go into such an obscene overdrive mode. it is really ridiculous with this game. meanwhile a base PS4 does not make any sound running this game. there should be a toggle "turn PS4Pro enhancements off".

Imerty

Oct 27, 2017
PSN name change won't ever happen, guys. It's easier to achieve world peace than changing the PSN architecture.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully whatever they're teasing will unfuck my Fortnite account.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Lol Sony employees being so coy about name change and hyping it up so much. It's a feature that should have been there a very long time ago!

Oct 27, 2017
I feel my PS4Pro is a little bit too stable after the update. So I changed my Design theme to trick myself into thinking this came with the update. Try it yourselves guys...

Oct 25, 2017
why should we believe you that nothing is? I think it's more reasonable to believe that something is coming than nothing at all.

If it was something we would know by now like we always have. Not buying this....

1. he works for PS
2. Sony wouldn't make beta test just for "stability update"

His title doesn't instill any confidence so sorry if I'm choosing not to be gullible.

And Sony can do whatever they want, doesn't mean I have to believe anything until I see it.

A "trash ass release" and you have no clue what the firmware does. lol sad.

Neither do you or the rest of us like they have done in the past by putting it up on the blog. A release and no blog posting? It's nothing.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it was something we would know by now like we always have. Not buying this....

His title doesn't instill any confidence so sorry if I'm choosing not to be gullible.

And Sony can do whatever they want, doesn't mean I have to believe anything until I see it.

Neither do you or the rest of us like they have done in the past by putting it up on the blog. A release and no blog posting? It's nothing.
or we will find out about it soon.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably a backend change, but friends list load way faster than before.