• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Normally in any major update with detailed chnagelogs, we find secret hidden features not mentioned officially. Now we have to find the main features to start with.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Error SU-30746-0

BK8PCQU.gif

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Also talking abou stability. Since I was in the beta, BF5 beta was very laggy and I couldn't load the home menu and the share button works after more than one minute. Yesterday BO4 beta broke the whole system and I couldn't even quit the game nor the console so I unplugged the console.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Only difference I noticed is that unsupported characters in the web browser used to just not show up, now it's replaced by a question mark.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Also talking abou stability. Since I was in the beta, BF5 beta was very laggy and I couldn't load the home menu and the share button works after more than one minute. Yesterday BO4 beta broke the whole system and I couldn't even quit the game nor the console so I unplugged the console.
I was in 6.0 beta too and played bo4 beta fine on PS4 Slim didn't have any issues you had

DeadlyVirus

Oct 29, 2017

Are you using a base PS4?
I hears the same from other people, it was fine on my PS4 Pro

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't this update add a search engine for the PS store instead of searching letter by letter? If so, I only have one complaint left.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
X.00 updates aren't introduced only for stability.

Clearly the most likely reason is preparation for a feature(s) yet to be announced. Likely feature(s) that demand greater explanation than patch notes in a firmware update.

Nov 30, 2017
I got excited when I saw 6.xxx.

We all know whole number revisions are big ones.

Maybe 6.>0 will unlock something. Now I'm just here for the gifs..

Oct 30, 2017
That's it? So far nothing?

For a 6.0 update? They couldn't simply just used a 5.x number release like most would?!

Crossing my fingers here to something not activated yet.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to assume this is a setup for something. This update was some under the hood configuration. Because I have no idea why they would have someone beta test this.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
PS2 BC is coooming :O

PS2 BC is already there. Hate to keep banging this drum but those PS2 Classics aren't running by magic. They're literally PS2 .ISOs running in an emulation wrapper to enable Trophies, Share Play, screenshots functionality, etc. Should Sony open up the floodgates and allow you to enter any PS2 disc (despite performance being iffy on tons of titles)? Yes, IMO. But they don't want to do that.

But by definition, the PS4 has PS2 and PSP BC (Parappa and Patapon on PS4 are the PSP versions emulated with improved textures laid on top), those Classics are not ports.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Someone said it shows if your friends 'playing' a video app now? (Netflix, etc)

Anyone confirm? Can't check atm

I liked this on PS3.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Man, this fucked the browser hard (I use it as a quick browse here between game/movie sessions using the double-tap Home Button feature). That's actually quite frustrating.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017

That guy is going to catch so much shit if it ends up being nothing.

Luckily for him, there's no way that Sony would put an update like this through a beta if it was nothing but meaningless stability updates, and 6.0 has to signify something pretty substantial. A very odd situation, but I think it's going to maybe leave some of us smiling. Didn't someone on here hint not long ago, something along the lines of "an underwhelming update would lay the ground work for future features"?

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
If it really is only stability then that's disappointing considering that there was a beta for it.

Last edited: