• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
3c8zpVH.gif

looking forward to potential PS5 stability gifs

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean I don't have to see that screen with all the streaming apps anymore? Can I start Netflix directly? That would be awesome.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Just tried and I can't move individual apps like Netflix in folders. It seems they are forever trapped in the TV&movie app. Shame.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Pro tip press R1 go to your library, hover over the Netflix or whatever media app you want, press options "start application". There now you've avoided the stupid TV & Movies app

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019
just turned on my ps4 yesterday for the 1st time in years and had to update, now I have to download another update the next day lol.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what some of you were on about, the TV & Movies app is well over a year old and move all the media apps into it, you could never move them out before. It has been TV & Movie for a long time. This update was just a stability update.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Strange, I have been on the beta and didn't notice that feature.

I did notice that you can over over the media apps shortcut and ADD THAT to a folder, but not individual media apps.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please for the love of all that is holy let me stop using the TV app, give me the apps back on the home screen

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
People reported in the beta you could move them IIRC.
What you could do in the beta was move the TV & Movies icon into a folder, not the individual apps from inside it like Netflix or Hulu. I don't know if that's a new feature or not, but I was in the beta and tried both once the rumor spread. All I know is that moving the TV & Movies icon into a folder is completely useless.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Update seems fine for me so far.

Was really hoping I'd be able to move the individual media apps like everyone else here. I don't want to start up the TV&Movies thing since I'm convinced it slows down the UI (it seems to load up a web app much like the Store, and that always makes the system chug for me). I've been going to Library and starting them there (partially out of spite) but even that can be slow since you have to hit start on the app a few times before the UI catches up and realizes what you're doing.

(Good god I don't care how many teraflops the PS5 has, just give me a quick, lagless UI)

For anyone with a PS Camera, another workaround is to just start the apps via voice, as it's quicker than going to Library. Well, assuming the PS4 actually realizes what you're asking. I swear at it a lot.

Primeau31

Nov 18, 2017
Just got finished reading the reviews on this, a shame really, will have no problem waiting a year to download it on PC at a bargain, I suppose.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Sony has to know how annoying we find these meaningless "stability" features. They do nothing for us. We want more features.

Maeros

Dec 21, 2017
Update seems fine for me so far.

Was really hoping I'd be able to move the individual media apps like everyone else here. I don't want to start up the TV&Movies thing since I'm convinced it slows down the UI (it seems to load up a web app much like the Store, and that always makes the system chug for me). I've been going to Library and starting them there (partially out of spite) but even that can be slow since you have to hit start on the app a few times before the UI catches up and realizes what you're doing.

(Good god I don't care how many teraflops the PS5 has, just give me a quick, lagless UI)

For anyone with a PS Camera, another workaround is to just start the apps via voice, as it's quicker than going to Library. Well, assuming the PS4 actually realizes what you're asking. I swear at it a lot.

After i went to the store on my ps4 i always press the 'log out of ps4' and then i login again. It always makes my UI quick again.

Alyna

Banned
Apr 3, 2020
3c8zpVH.gif

looking forward to potential PS5 stability gifs

doesn't seem stable though:

mspoweruser.com

PS4 7.50 update is causing boot loops for players

Sony’s latest firmware install with the PS4 7.50 update is causing a few issues for PlayStation gamers. The PS4 7.50 update is yet another firmware update that adds nothing of importance, but the update is described as improving system performance. While many thought the PS4 7.50 update wouldn’t...