• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
🤔

Clocks are so low. Engineering sample?
Probably, they are very low on both. And both benchmarks are from the end of 2019, so probably.

Keep in mind this thing probably has 1TB/s or greater memory bandwidth.
Yes, that's true, Titan RTX is just 672GB/s. Well, I'm still allowing myself to get over-excited, I really want a 3080 ti :)

seems normal for Teslas. these ain't consumer cards with those ram amounts
This. They could see 24/7 usage and get beat to hell like mining cards. Best to keep the voltages low, which means lower clocks.
Volta runs at ~1500Mhz (GV100 is 1628Mhz, Titan V is 1455Mhz), I doubt Amper will run that low. I mean, they do run slower, but not 1Ghz slow.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
If we're talking Street Fighter, Capcom will probably avoid that for SFVI. At most, we may see Capcom reach a marketing deal with Sony. But otherwise, I'd imagine that SFVI & [Insert Versus Game Here] will be PS5/XSX/PC.

Fingers crossed not only that you're right, but that the PC version requires an SSD. I REALLY want to see the age of fighting games with instant loading on every single version combined with cross-play and rollback netcode, and I want it as soon as possible.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I was with you up until you assumed that an early March PS SoP would be the PS5 reveal.
I don't assume anything. My official guess is mid April. But there have been some discussions about various hints from multiple sources (admittedly all a stretch but way better than damn pastebin -- these come from devs) regarding early May and I was just making an observation about the date's significance with regard to FFVIIR and also the weird circumstances surrounding the demo.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Ps5 gets announced. Ends up the exact same amount of TFlops as Series X.

Most anticlimactic ending for this thread.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
Imagine if the PS5 is 13TF RDNA 1 compared to 2 Would this be the same situation as GDDR5 and GDDR3 situation we had this console generation.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Probably, they are very low on both. And both benchmarks are from the end of 2019, so probably.

Yes, that's true, Titan RTX is just 672GB/s. Well, I'm still allowing myself to get over-excited, I really want a 3080 ti :)

Volta runs at ~1500Mhz (GV100 is 1628Mhz, Titan V is 1455Mhz), I doubt Amper will run that low. I mean, they do run slower, but not 1Ghz slow.
These results are almost a half year old. I'm sure they'll clock higher final.
How do you get that on GDDR6?

Or is there a possibility of Ampere cards with HBM2E? I certainly would love to see that, especially on a top-end card where the extra cost might well not matter.
Volta was HBM2. 16GB and 32GB variants.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Oh fuck. Could that KojiPro tease with the sticky note have been talking about an appearance at a Sony/PS event next week?

That would be insane.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
And maybe not even that. They have a lot to talk about for the PS4 still.

#fourever
Tbh I think they could be free to talk PS5 at this point. Yeah, there are big releases planned, but they were delayed. Oh well. They absolutely are NOT waiting until after TLoU to reveal PS5. Not happening. I would bet my account on that, not some dumb avatar. So then when? Do they have to wait for FFVIIR? They could. But I don't think they have to, especially after the delay. That's on the dev if they think a PS5 reveal would be stepping on them. I'm sure they are working together for the best arrangement, but PS5 news will be coming while Sony has big PS4 stuff in the oven. It's inevitable. So what does it matter if it's next week or six weeks? I find it difficult to come up with some reason it would matter. The argument that they have PS4 stuff to prioritize doesn't hold water in my opinion. It did, had these big releases hit their windows. But they missed and I think that ship has left the port.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Fingers crossed not only that you're right, but that the PC version requires an SSD. I REALLY want to see the age of fighting games with instant loading on every single version combined with cross-play and rollback netcode, and I want it as soon as possible.
I have a bad feeling that of the Japanese fighting game devs, only Capcom will deliver on both rollback netcode & cross-play.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Tbh I think they could be free to talk PS5 at this point. Yeah, there are big releases planned, but they were delayed. Oh well. They absolutely are NOT waiting until after TLoU to reveal PS5. Not happening. I would bet my account on that, not some dumb avatar. So then when? Do they have to wait for FFVIIR? They could. But I don't think they have to, especially after the delay. That's on the dev if they think a PS5 reveal would be stepping on them. I'm sure they are working together for the best arrangement, but PS5 news will be coming while Sony has big PS4 stuff in the oven. It's inevitable. So what does it matter if it's next week or six weeks? I find it difficult to come up with some reason it would matter. The argument that they have PS4 stuff to prioritize doesn't hold water in my opinion. It did, had these big releases hit their windows. But they missed and I think that ship has left the port.

You seem upset.

Jun 23, 2019
Lol at the people who were salivating at getting GDC leaks. I told y'all! Now let's all sit back and wait for the April 15th reveal. 😎

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
Glad to see things are going well.

Something is definitely happening next week. Time to get unreasonably hyped.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I have a bad feeling that of the Japanese fighting game devs, only Capcom will deliver on both rollback netcode & cross-play.

Uggghhh why do you have to post facts like this. I want those things in FighterZ 2, damn it.

At least we can be pretty confident in Capcom. They already had PS4/PC cross-play in SFV and good rollback in MvCI, now they just need to bring it all together.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ps5 enhancements for ff7 remake could be the one thing that pushes me towards a ps5 on day one instead of a series x. Just need to hope for an ff7 remake port next year!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Uggghhh why do you have to post facts like this. I want those things in FighterZ 2, damn it.

At least we can be pretty confident in Capcom. They already had PS4/PC cross-play in SFV and good rollback in MvCI, now they just need to bring it all together.
giphy.gif

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018

So is Xbox Magazine like really affiliated with the Xbox team? Why would they tweet out this article from gamesradar?

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
Yeah as far as I know they've never had anything directly to do with Microsoft.

I think perhaps back when they had demo disks they had a relationship? The disks used to have content that gave you MS points and they distributed stuff they only could have gotten from MS.
I mean they probably still have a relationship but I aside from what you mentioned they probably never got any other perks one would expect from being an Xbox branded magazine.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Sony announced even the humdrum December SoP the week before.

Do we really think that Sony is going to have a SoP stream revealing new PS5 details on Tuesday the 3rd, and they haven't announced it yet?

Come on, y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.