cyrix

Oct 27, 2017
This is BS, Sony was able to patent a customizable faceplate? While I will buy only officials one, gonna have that tiny buttons inside, it sucks to those who want more specialized customizations.
My assumption is that these guy got their hands on some "retired" official injection molds, and its entirely possible that Sony has a patent on something relating to that, and those molds would 100% be Sony's property, intellectual and physical.
Iimagine a strongly worded letter from Sony's lawyers pointing out that they bascally couldn't have these ready that fast without having access to illicit goods was enough to scare them off touching this until well after release when they could use reverse engineering as a viable excuse.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Why wouldn't Sony have IP related to the design? The companies have to be compliant with that--in some way or the other--in order to properly bring a product to market using the same design.

I think the assumption here was that this company had already gotten that approval.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
My limited edition black order got cancelled. It seems that the whole stock is sold out.

Edit: Just saw the tweet above.