• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space

View: https://twitter.com/FwPs5/status/1544967823666978817

• If you're using a TV that supports ALLM (auto low latency mode), you can adjust
ALLM settings in [Settings] > [Screen and Video] > (Video Output] > [ALLM].
• If you select [Automatic], your TV will automatically switch to low-latency mode
while plaving games.
• If you select [Off], ALLM won't be enabled, except during VRR (variable refresh
rate) output.
• This system software update improves system performance.

The update is 1.061 GB

Bring on the gifs ERA!

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Is this a good thing? I seem to recall Insomniac's VRR solutions using some kind of ALLM, so curious if this is now a broad benefit

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Is this the thing that John from DF complainted was missing when VRR was added?
Xbox always had an option to manualy trun on and off ALLM but in PS5 it was missing

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
The day that stability was changed to performance was truly momentous

Lihwem

Mar 17, 2020
"Adding a Demo category to the PS Store"

No? kthxbye

(I don't understand how or why they removed that when it was perfect on PS4...)

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Is this a good thing? I seem to recall Insomniac's VRR solutions using some kind of ALLM, so curious if this is now a broad benefit

yes it's good because forced ALLM removed a lot of settings on most TV. Being able to keep VRR with ALLM off gives more possibility to tweak your set, while before it was everything or nothing.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/FwPs5/status/1544967823666978817

• If you're using a TV that supports ALLM (auto low latency mode), you can adjust
ALLM settings in [Settings] > [Screen and Video] > (Video Output] > [ALLM].
• If you select [Automatic], your TV will automatically switch to low-latency mode
while plaving games.
• If you select [Off], ALLM won't be enabled, except during VRR (variable refresh
rate) output.
• This system software update improves system performance.

The update is 1.061 GB

Bring on the gifs ERA!

John from DF will be very happy for this ALLM addon.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sony is on a roll. The ALLM toggle is great for those who enjoy BFI. I've tried it. I hate that it darkens the image. I still don't get why it is helpful especially with OLED panels.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
the game art pretty much takes over the whole screen, kinda rendering them useless.

They just need to give us the option to change it to "press down or X to get to the game screen". This way they can keep it like it is right now and people who don't mind another button press can have their themes back.

Also they need to change L1/R1 to L2/R2 so that we can use L1/R1 again to get to the library faster (worked like a charm on PS4).

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
I guess I'm a bit confused. Don't you want ALLM to be on?
PS5 forcing ALLM on caused a lot of TV sets to lock out certain options. turning it off and manually selecting a TV's game mode may still allow you to select those options. i think this was something that was frustrating John from DF, who liked using BFI but found it locked out when ALLM was activated.

Last edited:

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Also they need to change L1/R1 to L2/R2 so that we can use L1/R1 again to get to the library faster (worked like a charm on PS4).

OMG this has been my head for so long, glad to see others who feel the same way. I have this old muscle memory of doing that on the PS4 which annoys me now because it takes me to the Media tab smh

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
When are we going to get support for Freesync and Gsync?
Now Sony is putting out monitors that support them.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 forcing ALLM on caused a lot of TV sets to lock out certain options. turning it off and manually selecting a TV's game mode may still allow you to select certain options. i think this was something that was frustrating John from DF, who liked using BFI but found it locked out when ALLM was activated.

I see. Although it seems to force ALLM on if you use VRR so- I guess for me turning it off isn't viable lol

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Very nice, Sony is listening! Now how about lowering that VRR threshold to 40 Hz instead of 48 Hz? ✌️😅

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Odd place to drop this question but I figured it's easier than making a new topic. Haven't been using my ps5 much lately and when updating my controllers last night I noticed shortly after one of the sticks is giving up. The codes from it won't take on the website for repairs.

So has anyone found a UK playstation support number at all? I've been looking for a good while now. I'm waiting on an email response, can find no number, and the live chat is only a bot for resetting passwords and nothing else. Ideas?

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Can someone explain to me the naming scheme for the new updates?
What was wrong with 3.11 and 3.12 etc..

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
PS5 forcing ALLM on caused a lot of TV sets to lock out certain options. turning it off and manually selecting a TV's game mode may still allow you to select certain options. i think this was something that was frustrating John from DF, who liked using BFI but found it locked out when ALLM was activated.

Yeah, I would have ALLM off on my TV...just so I could still turn on smoothing for certain 30fps games.

I have a lg c9 so what does this mean for me?

If you want to adjust certain picture settings, you don't have to go into "instant Game Response" and turn off the setting.

You can have picture settings how you want them AND use VRR.

Before you were locked out of certain settings, just to use VRR.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
I look forward to getting the PS6 and having to wait for these features all over again because Sony feels the need to reinvent the wheel. Same story with the PS4.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
Odd place to drop this question but I figured it's easier than making a new topic. Haven't been using my ps5 much lately and when updating my controllers last night I noticed shortly after one of the sticks is giving up. The codes from it won't take on the website for repairs.

So has anyone found a UK playstation support number at all? I've been looking for a good while now. I'm waiting on an email response, can find no number, and the live chat is only a bot for resetting passwords and nothing else. Ideas?

Open - 10:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Mon - Fri 0203 538 2665

From https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/contact-us/

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice, Sony is listening! Now how about lowering that VRR threshold to 40 Hz instead of 48 Hz? ✌️😅
Unfortunately that would only benefit their competitors in the TV space as their TVs only do 48-120, right? I can see them not doing it, just like they waited to add VRR until their own TVs had it.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
So ALLM just switches your TV automatically into Game mode when triggered, right?

So if your console is assigned to a specific HDMI with Game mode settings applied to that port then it's not necessary…? (Unless you want different sets of settings for Game and Media apps on the same port…??)