EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
So ALLM just switches your TV automatically into Game mode when triggered, right?

So if your console is assigned to a specific HDMI with Game mode settings applied to that port then it's not necessary…? (Unless you want different sets of settings for Game and Media apps on the same port…??)
Yea, which is exactly how it is meant to be used as you probably don't want game mode settings in video content

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone confirm how this benefits a LG CX display? I thought VRR was the same as this? Do I need to enable it? VRR Iis already enabled on my tv as I was playing Horizon FW yesterday with it on but dunno what this ALLM is?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Idk, I think I do? Warm color temperature, no sharpening, no motion interpolation or post-processing... I want basically the same things. Should I not?

It depends on the set, but sometimes image processing is handled at a lower precision in game mode to keep latency down. Sometimes even things such as the set's ability to process a 24hz signal may be compromised in game mode, which makes it sub-optimal for video. Very much depends on the TV .

Arithmetician

Oct 9, 2019
It depends on the set, but sometimes image processing is handled at a lower precision in game mode to keep latency down. Sometimes even things such as the set's ability to process a 24hz signal may be compromised in game mode, which makes it sub-optimal for video. Very much depends on the TV .

Anything specific I should keep in mind for the LG CX? Right now I've just been applying HDTVtest's recommended settings for game mode to every mode I can

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Having it off seems like the best option for me on a C9, since my input on the PS5 is set to game mode anyways. And I don't watch video content on the PS5, mainly from the TV apps.

Apr 7, 2018
ALLM is cool and all but how about they fix the manual save crashing that randomly happens on ps4 games on ps5. It's so infuriating.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 forcing ALLM on caused a lot of TV sets to lock out certain options. turning it off and manually selecting a TV's game mode may still allow you to select those options. i think this was something that was frustrating John from DF, who liked using BFI but found it locked out when ALLM was activated.
Xbox has a way around this, on LG OLEDs at least, since using ALLM + dolby vision gaming restores some of the locked out settings (including the option to enable BFI)

RoxasBeatz

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Themes won't ever happen unless they completely revamp the UI of the console, all games have a background so you wouldn't ever see the theme.

Folders yeah
That's right. I don't know why everyone is asking for themes if the UI looks/work like that. Only custom Control Center Icons, Settings Menu Wallpapers and Background Music (if a game has no menu song) would be possible and tbh that's not really worth it.

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
This ALLM stuff is super confusing for someone with a Samsung TV. I just enable game mode for the specific input port after setting up a new device and never think about it again.

I wonder what it'll do for me.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
This ALLM stuff is super confusing for someone with a Samsung TV. I just enable game mode for the specific input port after setting up a new device and never think about it again.

I wonder what it'll do for me.
Shouldn't do anything bad. It might just make sure game mode is on. ALLM has been forced on for a few months already, we can now just turn it off.
My TCL worked fine with this so I'll leave ALLM on and however it was before. It just turns off some options that you might want on if you use your TV for media.

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
just for clarification: so ALLM automatic means if i start netflix app on PS5 or the blu-ray app on my PS5 on my C1 that it will automatically sense this and turn game optimizer mode off?

edit: nope nvm it didn't turn my game mode settings off when selecting video content 🫥

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
just for clarification: so ALLM automatic means if i start netflix app on PS5 or the blu-ray app on my PS5 on my C1 that it will automatically sense this and turn game optimizer mode off?

edit: nope nvm it didn't turn my game mode settings off when selecting video content 🫥
Maybe something is wrong with your settings. I don't have that display, but ALLM on automatic is working perfectly for me. When you are playing a movie, try to manually select the cinema mode you prefer. Then play a game for a few seconds (it should switch to game mode), then go back to the movie to see if it switches back to cinema mode. Maybe it'll "stick" after that.