• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Screenshot_2020-06-14_at_22.35.21.png

Well, better to be new than following what's trendy (like squares and circles).
Yes, practical first, always. Can't wait to see it.

Agree with those saying it would be different to take advantage of the SSD. I'm patiently waiting for the suspend/resume of multiple games.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Sony must be having another major event for PS5. Sony still have so much to show. I can't see any PS5 related content being in a normal State of Play.

Sep 23, 2018
I've noticed the UI on my pro sometimes takes a while to load, including loading tile images and instances of lag when navigating. Granted I have an external harddrive and plenty of games installed but it's still a noticeable annoyance.

What I'm hoping / excited for:
-Pinning games, not just the latest played being front and centre.
-More organisation options, folders are good but maybe viewing games by different labels (genre, PSVR enabled / needed, games you have completed / platinumed)
-Statistics being tracked + readily available, not just if you happen to get the end of year email.

Overall I'm just excited to see the interface!

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I just need to know if the stupid beep on start up is gone. And if Sony has figured out the complexities of a wishlist in their store.

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all should know damn well when ever a company says soon, it's measured in months and sometimes...sometimes weeks.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Being able to download something and still listen to music and/or play an online game without it throttling the game download would be really nice.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Being able to download something and still listen to music and/or play an online game without it throttling the game download would be really nice.
I would do terrible things for an OS that lets me play Youtube videos in the background while playing games.

Right now I have to route the audio through my PC and it's a pain in the ass.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
has anyone posted the controller standby screen they showed during the last event?

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
I just need to know if the stupid beep on start up is gone. And if Sony has figured out the complexities of a wishlist in their store.

I can understand wanting to turn it off for the noise (and IMO letting you disable it would be nice in that regard), but if it's the same as with a computer (ie a POST beep) it's useful to let you know that the system is functioning normally, and if it wasn't it'd give you an indication of what the issue is. It's not just there for the sake of it.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I can understand wanting to turn it off for the noise (and IMO letting you disable it would be nice in that regard), but if it's the same as with a computer (ie a POST beep) it's useful to let you know that the system is functioning normally, and if it wasn't it'd give you an indication of what the issue is. It's not just there for the sake of it.

It's useful if I want it. Otherwise it's annoying and something most other devices don't make me listen to, or give me options to reduce/silence.

But more importantly I need a wishlist feature in PSN!

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
Whatever they do. Please no Ads on my screen - keep them in the store... that will knock the design down a few notches no matter what you do if you include ads on the damn screen.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
For example, If you design the OS around jumping back to the game instantly. Technically it'll work on any storage even HDD but the experience will be much worse for a lot of users.

That's why I prefer having a totally new OS designed around the new hardware to take full advantage of it without any constraints, which is Sony's approach.
Agree with those saying it would be different to take advantage of the SSD. I'm patiently waiting for the suspend/resume of multiple games.
No new OS needed and Joe there are no constraints. Quick resume or how this will be called on PS5 is just a feature, the developers can easily disable or enable depending on the hardware. That's not a new concept and many OS are based in the same base. Take PS4 or PS5 OS for example, which is based on FreeBSD. There is no complete rewritten OS necessary just because we are now getting SDD. That's ridiculous to suggest.

youtu.be

Xbox Series X - Quick Resume Tech Demo

Demo uses backward compatible Xbox titles to demonstrate Quick Resume technology and does not represent gameplay optimized for Xbox Series X.Quick Resume is ...

Last edited: