• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
The thirst for them is crazy here.
The switch was the same though when it first came out, you couldnt easily get one of those for about a year or so, just stock shortages all the time.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
It's a great console with arguably the best controller ever.
A crazy good last generation and an already decent exclusive lineup are other factors of course.

Deserved.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Oh absolutely. PS5 would do absolute numbers if they could meet demand. I still know a few people that still haven't managed to secure one and it's almost been a year now.

Anecdotally it seems a lot easier to get a Series X than a PS5 in the UK, although both are supply constraint. Demand for Series S just isn't there as it's always in stock.
I have a friend looking for 3 PS5's to help 3 friends out of state trying to get one since January

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
Now... Considering all this success... I think a State of Play with GoW or FF16 is in order.

Do it, Sony!

Oct 27, 2017
Deservedly so. Good hardware, good price for hardware they offer, great first party output and it's a Sony console. It was always going to set records, especially after the Ps4 generation.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Anecdotally it seems a lot easier to get a Series X than a PS5 in the UK

Other way round from what I'm seeing. More PS5 drops and regularly than what is happening with Series X, Series S is easy to grab. Go through the Jelly Deals twitter in the post above and you can see consistent PS5 drops. Whatever is happening, both are selling out. Makes you wonder what things would be like if both were actually hitting demand. Coming up to nearly a year now.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Dont think thats it.

Seems like UK is the most well stocked country when it comes to PS5.

It looks like its basically the cheapest place there is to get a PS5.

You can get a brand new PS5 disc version off Ebay now for 550, sometimes even a bit less.

Seems much much cheaper than anywhere else

What's happening on the German ebay and elsewhere?

Just had a look on ebay.de. PS5s sold for 570-600 Euro which is about £485-510 so no. Actually less demand than UK.

Last edited:

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah and this comes from you.

etc etc..

Somehow all of the above is totally okay but its theJimbo comments that are too cringy for you? That does not make sense?

I don't want to derail this thread any further, but being the recipient of dogpiling posts is never a pleasant experience, so for my own sake I would like to answer to this post.

I fail to see how a reactionary comment I made a few days after our first-ever look at a next-gen console can be seen as a "gotcha" moment for any kinds of double standard I might display in here. At that time I didn't even own an Xbox and was caught up in the next-gen hype.

Welp, you got me with that second one though, did not even remember writing that. I guess I was excited about getting to play a Halo game that finally appeals to me for the first time ever.

I still stand by the third one, though. I think Phil deserves to be recognized for praising the competition.

And let's not get into your own post history where one might deduce that you are kind of the opposite of me in that you like to point out the failures and faults of Phil. No, I won't trouble myself with quoting them here.

That's it from me.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Mate, you can't possibly say something like this when you have only just come back from a ban for causing a completely unnecessary storm in the teacup in the Horizon Forbidden West thread last week.
It was probably the wrong place to make that comparison, and thinking about it I could've done it a better way by simply comparing Sony's weak 2H lineup to their own 2H in past years (every previous year really). The point sort of got lost by contrasting to the other 1st parties.

You don't need to attack me on an unrelated point though. If you want to defend old post history gotchas, general toxicity and dogpiles, just do it directly.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man what a needlessly nasty thread this turned into...

Doesn't look like it's anything too out of order either considering the lack of any real reprimands.