Oct 25, 2017
Well, I just got the PS5 in Astro's Playroom and it cut to black and gave me: CE-108262-9, System Crash. Reported it and then went straight back into Astro's to continue playing.

Thats three crashes so far, 2 in Destiny and one in Astro, two different error codes.

I do wonder when this will be fixed.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I just got the PS5 in Atro's Playroom and it cut to black and gave me: CE-108262-9, System Crash. Reported it and then went straight back into Astro's to continue playing.

Thats three crashes so far, 2 in Destiny and one in Astro, two different error codes.

I do wonder when this will be fixed.
Hopefully the next system software update 🤞

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't tested it, but regarding my previous post where PS4 games installed on the internal drive wouldn't install their patches:

- I think this might be because I have the 'Install PS4 games on External by default' option toggled. Perhaps the system also applies this to patches, even when the game requesting the patch is installed on internal? Seems like a huge oversight, and I'll definitely try testing it at some point when a new patch becomes available for a game I play.

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
Just realized that the PS5 forces HDR even on games that don't support it so some of them can look very bad. I hope they patch this in a future update.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Anyone having issues with FFVIIRemake and its bonus add ons / summons DLC? I have the summons for sure and they appear in the add ons on ps4, but on ps5 there are only item add ons. It gives an option to buy the deluxe content again. But I already own the 3 DLC unlocks. This is a mess tbh, how do i get the summons to appear? Why cant this be seamless and just work. Why dont they appear on the PS Store lol

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I won a match in Black Ops Cold War and it crashed right as it ended, when I opened the game back up my information for multiplayer was all deleted. My settings and everything. I tried reloading my data from the cloud and it didn't save any of my settings. So, that was pretty annoying.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Anyone having issues with DualSense seemingly not holding a charge? I played Miles Morales front to back with the controller plugged in to a Pixel phone charger in the wall and as soon as i'd unplug it it would die out, or within a few seconds. It's like it wasn't even actually charging for *HOURS* plugged in.

Additionally, my roommate was playing Dark Souls 3 with one controller plugged in to the PS5 with the bundled cable and her current one lost charge, so she picked up the one that had been charging with the PS5 to swap out and it it died within a few minutes? It must have been charging for at least a few hours.

SnoopZ

Jul 30, 2019
Anyone having issues with DualSense seemingly not holding a charge? I played Miles Morales front to back with the controller plugged in to a Pixel phone charger in the wall and as soon as i'd unplug it it would die out, or within a few seconds. It's like it wasn't even actually charging for *HOURS* plugged in.

Additionally, my roommate was playing Dark Souls 3 with one controller plugged in to the PS5 with the bundled cable and her current one lost charge, so she picked up the one that had been charging with the PS5 to swap out and it it died within a few minutes? It must have been charging for at least a few hours.
Sounds like its faulty, no issues with mine.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Why do save uploads to the cloud happen AFTWR you switch on the console rather than when you put it in rest mode? Same for updates and patches to games? Used to be the other way round on ps4?

I have asked this question on here before but no one ever responds. Is this thread dead?

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth

Have you tried charging it through a laptop or PC USB? Myself and others have noticed that charging it on the PS5 is wonky and doesn't even charge it fully even when left on it for a few hours. It's funny because the same exact thing would happen on PS4 where I could leave it plugged in for hours and within a few hours of taking it off and using it, it would drop 1 bar. Using my laptop to charge them takes longer but they don't drop a bar nearly as fast.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Have you tried charging it through a laptop or PC USB? Myself and others have noticed that charging it on the PS5 is wonky and doesn't even charge it fully even when left on it for a few hours. It's funny because the same exact thing would happen on PS4 where I could leave it plugged in for hours and within a few hours of taking it off and using it, it would drop 1 bar. Using my laptop to charge them takes longer but they don't drop a bar nearly as fast.
I had it plugged in to an outlet directly so I would expect that to be fine. Haven't tried a PC usb but that seems inconvenient.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I'd like to see a source on this. If this is the case then Sony messed up the charging circuitry on the controller.
I've never charged a controller like that but it gets talked about here and online all the time. I'm sure someone else will chime in and talk about it.
I guess it has to do with fast chargers? Not sure about a USB port in a Surge Protector or anything like that though.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hi everyone!

I recently just got a new PS5 from Sony after I sent them back my original because it was not turning on out of the box. Just got the new one today and now I'm noticing a ton of graphical artifacts in my games. Games like Miles Morales and Demons Souls have them constantly, and less demanding games like Astro Bot and Fortnite see them once in a while but not often. Anyone know what I can do about this??

Send it back again. Damn sorry

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to see a source on this. If this is the case then Sony messed up the charging circuitry on the controller.

I think there is something wrong with the usb ports on a big batch of ps5s and I think it's directly related to the external storage problems as well.

My front usb c port does not recognize super speed external drives and the back ports won't successfully format an external ssd either.

Old usb 3.0 hdd drive is working fine on the back port.

Just speculation but it makes sense.

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to call out here- I was getting a lot of issues with freeze/crash on cold startup due to external drive. I have been manually "disconnecting" the drive in the settings before shut down and this has resolved this issue (so far at least)- the good news is you don't have to actually disconnect the drive, just click the setting. It will automatically reconnect when the ps5 starts up- Wish Sony would just automatically do this on cold shutdown- seems like it would resolve a lot of freezing issues....

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I think there is something wrong with the usb ports on a big batch of ps5s and I think it's directly related to the external storage problems as well.

My front usb c port does not recognize super speed external drives and the back ports won't successfully format an external ssd either.

Old usb 3.0 hdd drive is working fine on the back port.

Just speculation but it makes sense.
This isn't about the console USB ports though, really.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody else have 2 RMA console since launch ? I'm so tired. I know it's just a ps5(glad i was able to finish demon's soul's). But have paid around 1000$ of accessories and games, i was able to play like 8-10 days top since launch date.

This is the worse game console launch I've ever experience.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Theoretically it could be though right? Something not right with the port power delivery thus odd charging behavior?
It could be part of it, but the common denominator appears to be the controller. I had it plugged in to an outlet the entire SM:MM playthrough and unplugging it would make it die in seconds.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if the scam was worth it for the hodgetwins... bet they change their name to 'liberal twins' pretty soon.

pizzabutt

Apr 28, 2020
This isn't anything major but does anyone have the icons for games not show up? Instead of the thumbnail for Demon's Souls it's just the controller infront of some boxes. I can deal with it but if there's a fix anyone knows I'd love to hear about it.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 turns off after ps logo. Tried to reset to factory and it went on and after playing destiny it turned off and it's not working again. This sucks. Cs told me to go to a centre nearby

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I deleted Rocket Arena, it made an icon on the left of the store icon saying 'download' that wouldn't go away, I thought doing that and cancelling the download would get rid of the icon, but no download happened, and now it's saying it's installed? I can't find it anywhere in storage, I can't download it, I can't play it, so annoying.

Anyone had anything similar? Installed is just greyed out on the game hub and I can't do anything with it.

Restore database didn't fix it but it did delete some games, thx Sony.

MarcoGorgar

Oct 27, 2017
Rio de Janeiro
EDIT:
I understood how to solve this weird situation. Forget it.

My ps5 almost works perfectly. Never crashes or hard crashes. Rest mode and external 4tb HDD 100% functional. Downloads are really fast, Etc and etc.

HOWEVER, OH MY DOG, SOOOO annoying and driving me crazy:

I have a Pulse 3d headset and Blue Mic Yeti "pro". But my ps5 almost always refuses to understand that I want the Microphone to be one, and the audio output another. YES, I deselected the "switch output device auto".

If MIC for the input device is Blue Yeti, it changes 99% of the time in Audio Output> device for Blue as well.
The same happens when I do the same when I connect a ps5 headset in dualsense; He only obeys me when the audio output is TV or Soundbar, then I can choose the MIC in the Blue Yeti or the dualsense itself.

I tried several combinations, change first the output and then the mic, or mic and after the output. I turned on the "Switch output device" option to test if the ps5 would act the other way around, but it didn't work.

For some strange reason, just twice he DID what I wanted: The mic being Blue Yeti and Audio Output on HEadset. I just don't know how! So I was using it for a few minutes to see if something different would happen. Everything continued fine, until I had to answer the phone, heat up the food, and then of course, the dualsense turn off. When I reconnected, the same problem returned.

I'm trying to stay calm, but spending so much money on video games, games, etc the situation is pretty pathetic right now.

DAMN IT.

Sorry about my raw english.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017
My PS5 randomly deleted Uncharted 4 and P5 Royal after waking up from rest mode (2 separate occasions) Is this a known issue? Sucked having to re-download these games

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
An icon to download Spider-Man remastered is always at the left side before the store icon. I have deleted this game but the icon always remains there?

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Man this OS is buggy as hell. Can someone help me resolve this problem? Look at the screenshot below and that's what my home screen looks like. Normally the Store and News is on the left side and recently played games is to the right of that and then the library icon. But here I have a bunch of dead links to games and when you hover over them, it has an icon to download for digital titles and locked for disc games. None of those games are installed on the system right now. The store and then news is to the right of that and the library follows that.

Now here's the kicker, if I play a game, it never shows up on the home screen. My home screen remains exactly like that despite playing games. Because of how Sony only allows you to do certain actions from the home screen on games, I cannot close a game, nor can I check for updates on any of my games. You cannot check for updates from your list of games that are installed.

Does anyone know how to fix this? This happened after the last firmware update.

uwBXj8u.jpg

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Man this OS is buggy as hell. Can someone help me resolve this problem? Look at the screenshot below and that's what my home screen looks like. Normally the Store and News is on the left side and recently played games is to the right of that and then the library icon. But here I have a bunch of dead links to games and when you hover over them, it has an icon to download for digital titles and locked for disc games. None of those games are installed on the system right now. The store and then news is to the right of that and the library follows that.

Now here's the kicker, if I play a game, it never shows up on the home screen. My home screen remains exactly like that despite playing games. Because of how Sony only allows you to do certain actions from the home screen on games, I cannot close a game, nor can I check for updates on any of my games. You cannot check for updates from your list of games that are installed.

uwBXj8u.jpg

This console should have never been released with such a turd of a system OS, that is for sure. too unstable/too many weird issues.

for your problem...boot in safe mode(turn console off, hold power button till it beeps twice, release power button), connect controller with the usb cable and rebuild database.

if this doesn´t help you can´t do more than a factory reset and let the console patch it up again.

if you want to have a "safer install" copy the patch from the playstation website (https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/ps5/system-software/) onto an usb stick, boot console in safe mode and install the latest firmware from the usb stick. it can always be that there are small errors when downloading a firmware directly with the console.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth

uwBXj8u.jpg
Had this happen and it went away after a restart even though most say to do what DPhex said.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
This console should have never been released with such a turd of a system OS, that is for sure. too unstable/too many weird issues.

for your problem...boot in safe mode(turn console off, hold power button till it beeps twice, release power button), connect controller with the usb cable and rebuild database.

if this doesn´t help you can´t do more than a factory reset and let the console patch it up again.

if you want to have a "safer install" copy the patch from the playstation website (https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/ps5/system-software/) onto an usb stick, boot console in safe mode and install the latest firmware from the usb stick. it can always be that there are small errors when downloading a firmware directly with the console.

Thank you! A rebuild of the database resolved it for me. I'm glad I didn't have to do a factory reset because I didn't want to have to download all that stuff again. I really appreciate the step by step solution too!

Had this happen and it went away after a restart even though most say to do what DPhex said.

Unfortunately this didn't work for me and it was a rebuild of the database that was the solution. I do appreciate you trying to help though!

Last edited:

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019

I haven't had any issues with the OS, but I admit I'm not on it often. I mostly just play games and turn it off. I did have issues in the first week with restarts but that's gone

Puroresu_kid

Oct 28, 2017
Son is trying to download Days Gone. The system keeps telling him he needs more storage even though we've deleted enough to leave 315gb free. What's the deal here?

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Son is trying to download Days Gone. The system keeps telling him he needs more storage even though we've deleted enough to leave 315gb free. What's the deal here?

I think there's something wrong with Days Gone and how the OS deals with it; it should only be 39GB. I had a different issue though where I couldn't move it from the SSD to an external drive. At first I thought it was the last item being moved would fail, but I got around that and made it the first and it still failed. I ended up just deleting it and once my system finishes doing a transfer of some stuff, I'll give it a go to see if I can download it again.

Puroresu_kid

Oct 28, 2017
I think there's something wrong with Days Gone and how the OS deals with it; it should only be 39GB. I had a different issue though where I couldn't move it from the SSD to an external drive. At first I thought it was the last item being moved would fail, but I got around that and made it the first and it still failed. I ended up just deleting it and once my system finishes doing a transfer of some stuff, I'll give it a go to see if I can download it again.

Yes looks like it as have tried downloading another game and no issue but days gone won't download.

Feb 1, 2018
Media remote implementation is very buggy, Almost once a week the console tells me i have to "connect it with a USB cable" (what? lmao) and also to reset snd resync it.

It also has pretty awful bluetooth lag. It goes into a sleep mode after a few mins and you have to press the button twice so it wakes up and then registers the input

I am unimpressed by the media remote, Thinking of selling it on ebay given theyre sold out everywhere

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
Media remote implementation is very buggy, Almost once a week the console tells me i have to "connect it with a USB cable" (what? lmao) and also to reset snd resync it.

It also has pretty awful bluetooth lag. It goes into a sleep mode after a few mins and you have to press the button twice so it wakes up and then registers the input

I am unimpressed by the media remote, Thinking of selling it on ebay given theyre sold out everywhere
I have had issues with it too. Multiple times when I've tried to wake up the PS5 from powered off with one of the dedicated media app buttons, the PS5 starts up but then displays an error message that the app failed to launch. However after the latest firmware update I tried this again and it worked for the first time. I also have had times where you have to press it twice to get a reaction.

I don't plan to sell it. It's still pretty convenient due to having the PS button on it, but I wish it was better.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
So every time I boot up my ps5, it tries to install borderlands 3 (ps4 disc).
I have the ps5 version downloaded via the free upgrade.

Is there anyway to stop it trying to install the ps4 disc version?

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
I just can't seem to play Demon's Souls. I can load the game to the start screen, create a character and view the opening cutscene. But as soon as I reach the 'fog' loading screen it always crashes and I get error CE-108255-1.

Any workaround for this? I'm playing via disc. My other disc game, Spiderman works perfectly fine and so does Astrobot. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the game, rebuild ps5 database and even reset the ps5. Nothing seems to work.

I'm so sad :(

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
When I turn on the ps5 from test it'll often pop up with "Marvel's Avengers added to downloads". It's been installed since day 1. There's no updates. What is this all about?