• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you want more first?

• An update that adds Quick Resume.

Votes: 223 23.7%
  • An update that adds VRR as well as 1440p output options.

Votes: 344 36.6%
  • Either or is fine.

Votes: 55 5.9%
  • Neither I want something else.

Votes: 318 33.8%

• Total voters

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Quick Resume or VRR + 1440p resolution options?

Which do you think is more important to your experience? Which do you want to be updated with first?

For me it is the latter rather then the former since I am so far fine with using activities and such for now but I want the latter due to having stuff that supports it.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
Fixing bugs like the "queued for download" issue are much more important than either.

AceAlli

Oct 27, 2017
Games load so fast that quick resume is kinda moot for me. VRR would be welcomed on the LG C9 I play on.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
fix the way how you access and how trophies are presented. The cards are way too big for their own good.

Svejk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stability, of course.

But also have folders and auto log-in for a select users.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
I'd kinda like for the store to not be trash. It's much faster than PS4, but it's also a disorganized mess. "Here's a list of 4,000 games and a few filter options." It doesn't even show active sales, just discounted price on individual games.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Quick resume, it's so handy switching between games; I don't care how fast they take to load, the point is that I can get right back into the action from exactly where I was; like a save state in an emulator.

PS4 titles aren't going to fully take advantage of faster loading so you still save a lot of time quick resuming.

OP
OP
TheRealTalker

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah with the other options that people are listing for me at least, Quick Resume is the least of my worries.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
None of those things bother me, so I just chose the last option as I want something else.

I want them to fix their hdr settings. Stop forcing all content into hdr. Only put hdr content into hdr and leave sdr content as sdr. Sure I can turn hdr totally off in the settings but then I have to go and enable it for hdr content again.

It should just work automatically like the ps4 pro and series x where sdr content is in sdr and hdr content is hdr.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly, right now. For them to fix whatever is causing the consoles to brick due to rest mode or whatever is it.

But aside from that i mostly just want to be able to cold store PS5 games on external storage. I have absolutely no use for quick resume or VRR.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Copying PS5 saves to/from USB drives is a big one.

They need to work out the PS4-disc-to-PS5-digital upgrades, too. I have the PS4 disc of Miles Morales, which I upgraded to the PS5 digital version, but every time the PS5 spins up the disc to authenticate it also decides to install the PS4 version and you have to manually cancel the install.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
I want an update that can make it so all my games don't crash anymore. Cause right now I haven't turned it on since Monday cause there's nothing I can do to fix it.

kosmickitten

Jul 2, 2019
First I want an update that stops my Ps5 from crashing if I have my external plugged in when I turn it on. Then I want VRR + 1440p. And lastly, I would like to back up my ps5 saves to a usb drive.

Geezer

Jan 29, 2018
Stability and squashing all the bugs/errors people are having is paramount.
I don't care that much about Quick Resume.
I voted for VRR/1440P. 1440P is not applicable to me but VRR is. Silencing the extremely small but vocal minority complaining about 1440P is a cherry on top situation.

Storing PS5 games on an external would be great too.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
Personally, I would rather they fix the current issues and then start adding stuff in. This new UI is... meh.

Fady

Oct 28, 2017
UAE
One simple addition I would like is bringing back the wonderful friends activity feed from the Playstation 4.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly just Stability, I love what we have currently but have already had a few crashes that caused a scare.

Whoever

Oct 2, 2018
Stability, first and foremost — especially for Rest Mode and external HDDs.

Next, the ability to use external HDDs for PS5 game cold storage.

Last, support for VRR and more toggles like the Xbox Series X for picture options.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Stability, first and foremost — especially for Rest Mode and external HDDs.
That is the only right answer for top wants.
After that... I want my damn hold the playstation button to bring up the power menu shortcut back. The new way to get to power settings fails so many basic usability checks #_# (my friends who develop healthcare software would have been laughed out of the room if they tried to get their higher ups to add like 5 clicks to do a task someone has to do every time the use their product)

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Quick resume would be my main pick

but it would also be cool if the create button used whatever in game photo mode by default, instead of the generic one