Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019
Its actually crazy how much has reversed from the start of current gen. Now Xbox is the more powerful, cheaper, smaller console with the more consumer-friendly image. Sony looks bad after yesterday especially for basically admitting they agree with MS' crossgen vision but mislead fans to think otherwise. People are rightfully pissed.

Jul 20, 2020
Playstation is Sony, if the division fails the company of Sony will be massively hurt vs for Xbox which is a tiny project for MS. MS can afford to take massive losses in order to be "pro consumer" because it doesn't hurt there quarter to quarter bottom line. If Sony decided to take massive losses to be more "pro consumer" they could hurt their investor bottom line. I don't agree with much of Sony does and as a business relying on one division is what lead them here but if it was up to Sony the gaming market would be the same as it was in 2002, Xbox usually innovates more than them because they can afford to take more risk.

Mazz

Nov 11, 2017
Not sure about Sony, but one thing is for sure: I like this Microsoft waaaaay better than 2012 Microsoft.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Microsoft wants to give me a BJ and then cuddle afterwards, but Sony wants to wind up and kick me hard in the balls while calling me names.

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
Don Mattrick Famously Said this:

none of these companies are forcing anyone to upgrade immediately now and that should be great to everyone.

I completely forgot about the XB1 originally being an online-only system -- by far the worst part of the system not allowing used games. He truly did his best to pile drive the Xbox brand into the dirt.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
You committed the ultimate cardinal sin Sony, you got personal. You, as a team of professionals trying to make money, got personal. You got personal and decided to insult your playbase, selling $70 games and going live early. Not a wise move.

We won't forget this. You've set a new tone for the kind of interaction we'll be having with you. It's a cold one. One where there aren't any illusions about the reality of the situation. Previous notions of "family" are dead. We are mere consumers to you, and that is obvious.

You have chosen to bring in a new era of hostility and bitterness. Well done. Great PR move.

Last edited:

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Forcing gamers to purchase new controllers is anti consumer, there is no way around it. Especially when you have been touting that the controllers use features that the old cannot which is why new games won't be able to use the PS4 controllers. BUT wait, you can use PS4 controllers to play them just not on PS5. It is bullshit. They could make PS4 controllers work on PS5 with a firmware update, but they won't.
MS is forcing people to buy a controller with no additional other than 1 button (that is optional). Many also got Elite controller and have no need for a new controller. At least Sony is giving people something new and much better value.

OP
OP
KrAzEd

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Console War threads poor arguments are allowed now.

*Noted*

I love comments like these. Productive.

As someone also going Series X, let's not start thinking Microsoft is just our buddy and they want us to have a good time. They lost a lot of market share this generation, and they're trying to claw their way back. The whole pro-consumer thing is an angle they're exploiting right now. Now, I'm absolutely going to take advantage of this angle while it persists, but that doesn't mean things can't shift. We saw the same thing with Sony this gen. They did fine with the PS3, but it wasn't the success they wanted... So they played the "pro-consumer" card in a time when everyone was mad at Microsoft, and now they're creeping closer to "arrogant Sony" once again.

All these companies just want your money. They're just applying different strategies to get it. We don't need to fight their battles for them.

I would disagree. PS4 just took advantage of Microsoft absolutely shitting the bed. They were the cheaper console, but that was pretty much the only thing they did. I would also agree that now is the best time to be an Xbox fan as Microsoft is HUNGRY.

Not sure about Sony, but one thing is for sure: I like this Microsoft waaaaay better than 2012 Microsoft.

This is why competition is great.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
Why does everyone think these companies are your friends?
Pre-orders were a bit sloppy, okay. More expensive games from WWS is fine. You'll get the complete game with no MTX bullshit and it's always a very solid experience. Game development gets longer and gets more exensive. It's just the way the world works. Video game business is no different from any other form of business.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
You committed the ultimate cardinal sin Sony, you got personal. You, as a team of professionals trying to make money, got personal. You got personal and decided to insult your playbase, calling us "ass-hats" and "freeloaders". Not a wise move.

We won't forget this. You've set a new tone for the kind of interaction we'll be having with you. It's a cold one. One where there aren't any illusions about the reality of the situation. Previous notions of "family" are dead. We are mere consumers to you, and that is obvious.

You have chosen to bring in a new era of hostility and bitterness. Well done. Great PR move.
is this a parody?

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
It's been 7 years but we're back!

e25fd607956c7a7ab10d555dea389ac8.gif

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017
You committed the ultimate cardinal sin Sony, you got personal. You, as a team of professionals trying to make money, got personal. You got personal and decided to insult your playbase, selling $70 and going live early. Not a wise move.

Lol

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Its actually crazy how much has reversed from the start of current gen. Now Xbox is the more powerful, cheaper, smaller console with the more consumer-friendly image. Sony looks bad after yesterday especially for basically admitting they agree with MS' crossgen vision but mislead fans to think otherwise. People are rightfully pissed.
It all comes down to the games. In that regard it's a night and day difference when we compare exclusives in the first 12 months. Of course we won't talk about how MS charges for f2p....

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
You committed the ultimate cardinal sin Sony, you got personal. You, as a team of professionals trying to make money, got personal. You got personal and decided to insult your playbase, selling $70 and going live early. Not a wise move.

I'm sorry, but is this satire?

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
"The Dust has settled" while 2 of your 4 comparison points you don't know the answer to yet.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel pretty satisfied as a consumer. I get my PS4 upgrade for the same price I paid for a PS4 back in 2013. And feel way more confident in the swathe of first party games I'll get to play on the console. Easy buy.

And lucky for me, Xbox announced a $300 Gamepass machine. Will let me play with all of my Xbox friends online, and get to experience all of the games for one monthly fee.

Fully loaded with launch games, mic, etc for less than $1000 total. I really can't complain.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Console wars have taken a new from, from exclusive lists, through resolution wars, now, to price wars.

Can't wait for the next-next-gen.

OP
OP
KrAzEd

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

It was genius marketing on Sony's part making people think Xbox was the only console making cross gen games, but it was a complete lie.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
While the intent of the thread looks like console warring.

I really think that Gamepass is a good idea, and that other companies will follow given time.
Also, provides the best experience to the user for the money spent.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i can see myself having a beer with phil spencer. can you say the same for jim ryan? i didn't think so

Mar 8, 2018
Will little Timmy's grandma be able to know what he means when he asks her for the "Consumer Friendly" or "Anti-Consumer" Console this fall?

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
Sony just announced Miles Morales and Horizon 2 for 120 million PS4 players.
Sony is also more pro-consumer than Microsoft.

Misterhbk

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen post get warnings that weren't half as bad as this post. Page 3 and this is still open and no ban? Madness.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
A lot of people talk about Game Pass as if it costs nothing. Its between 120 and 180 quid so its value only comes from whether you use it to that amount.

Sony think they can get your money via game sales and MS think they can get your money through subscriptions.
For 1 Sony game I can buy 8 months of gamepass. So yeah, relatively speaking it costs nothing.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I came to realise that most consumers do not know what anti-consumer means and they should really stop throwing that word around.

Neither Microsoft nor Sony are anti-consumer or pro-consumer. Both want to maximise their profits and have set out different ways to do this. Both strategies come with benefits and drawbacks.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I don't dispute the argument that there are different business strategies at play (that's clearly true), but this framing is just straight up warring.
This thread will go well.
This gonna go down well ...
Anyway, both are just trying to make a buck. Other than that, it's personal taste.
This just feels like you are trying to start something OP. All positive MS and all negative Playstation, will go well this thread.
This thread will go well when the OP has set it up for warring from the start.
Agreed, this thread isn't going to go well for OP.

OP
OP
KrAzEd

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Console wars have taken a new from, from exclusive lists, through resolution wars, now, to price wars.

Can't wait for the next-next-gen.

This thread is not about any of those things. It is about shitty practices and positive practices. When Xbox One was announced NEOGAF was literally in flames. I think this forum should be about having discussions about things like this WITHOUT everyone just typing in "OMG CONSOLE WARRING"...you are making it that, I am not.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
The preorder debacle was on the retailers who couldn't wait a day. I collect figures and NONE of the retailers are reliable for pre-orders accept Amazon. It's always a mess, this has little to do with Sony. The XSX will have the same issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.