Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
If anyone needs eshop/PSN/Xbox credit, Target is selling cards buy 1 get 1 15 percent off this week. 5 more percent off if you have a red card. Reminder that there's no money limit on Xbox, 200 dollar limit for Nintendo devices, and 250 for Playstation. You can always buy more than you need and just store the card/code away until you do need it. They don't expire.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
10am? I guess that works with the 7am pst theory which is now that you guys were guessing but doesnt stock on all stores go live at 12pt/3et and thats when you get the price mistakes and such. If I was you id wait that time on the day of as well even if that messes up your sleep. It's the way of the world right now.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
For what it's worth Sitesupply hasn't run with that rumor yet BUT the memo they shared from Best Buy says AFTER the 13th. Since it is the day of the 13th today I think we are ok for today.

Last edited:

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Damn it. I'm trying to get a digital, its probably going to be ugly.
They do it a better way. They force you to make a second entry in order to proceed, and that fucks with the bots. You just need to sit in front of your screen and pay attention for when it asks you to do that second click. It's way better than how they handled pre-orders.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
Damn it. I'm trying to get a digital, its probably going to be ugly.
The night of the Kohls mess up (damn i still wish I had waited 2-3 hours for that and not have all my console money taken by kohls that night) they had a virtual line system and everyone praised it as the best experience they've ever had in this mess so far.

For everyone else. again the sitesupply memo says AFTER the 13th so I don't think it's today and dont deals go live 12ampst/3amet. Not now? Wouldn't that make more sense?

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
They do it a better way. They force you to make a second entry in order to proceed, and that fucks with the bots. You just need to sit in front of your screen and pay attention for when it asks you to do that second click. It's way better than how they handled pre-orders.
The night of the Kohls mess up (damn i still wish I had waited 2-3 hours for that and not have all my console money taken by kohls that night) they had a virtual line system and everyone praised it as the best experience they've ever had in this mess so far.

For everyone else. again the sitesupply memo says AFTER the 13th so I don't think it's today and dont deals go live 12ampst/3amet. Not now? Wouldn't that make more sense?
They do a queue - they filter people in. It's better than Walmart for sure.

Ok that sounds pretty good!

Stanicle

Oct 27, 2017
Does Best Buy use Captcha or anything or will it be BOT paradise? This may be my only chance left.

Yea best buy is one of the better for this.

If you get in when this goes live. You click "add to cart" and the button switches to a gray "please wait". This can go for a while as you sit in queue. Mine was about 5 min the last drop. Then once it goes back to yellow add to cart your good to go.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
Seriously it's for next week? Not today well bot city wins again fuck this.
That's what I've been saying for the longest time.
But I don't know why you think it being next week is better than today. 1) everyone is awake right now if it dropped now. 2)its a weekend so even if there wasn't a corona issue you'd have more trouble today then other days as the majority of people are free from work today.

More and more I wish I had stayed up for that amazon drop because it was only midnight my time and the drop lasted, going by here, for at least 40 minutes mostly because it was unannounced and very late on a weekday. :(

uberdude

Jan 24, 2018
Been watching this thread for weeks and I got confirmation yesterday that my bundle from BJs shipped. This has been easily the biggest rollercoaster of a console launch lol. I remember the Wii launch being bad for a bit but yikes this was something.

This last month has been wiiiild and booting up that PS5 is gonna be bliss. Hoping y'all snag your consoles soon if it's for the holidays, if not then that it'll be easier in the new year. Twitter/discord has been the gamechanger if anyone hasn't been using either.

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
But I don't know why you think it being next week is better than today. 1) everyone is awake right now if it dropped now. 2)its a weekend so even if there wasn't a corona issue you'd have more trouble today then other days as the majority of people are free from work today.

More and more I wish I had stayed up for that amazon drop because it was only midnight my time and the drop lasted, going by here, for at least 40 minutes mostly because it was unannounced and very late on a weekday. :(
Thanks for responding. I'm cursing cause its been a bad Christmas. Trying for a win even if it won't solve anything.

painey

Oct 27, 2017

Even at 3am the Amazon drop was not easy to get - coming from someone who did get in on it

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
Told you it would be Tuesday. What time is that PST? I'm glad I finally have a chancne at a good retailer after the Kohl's disaster.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
damn... I won't be home to use my PC for the BB drop. Is using a phone just as effective in securing a console?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Happening on my off-day, will this be the day? Is my month long quest over?

Spoiler: It was not.

Last edited: