Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
This is what I was asking about. I know about the reasons for the shortages right now, but have they been as bad or worse before? I'm guessing not near as bad, except maybe the Wii?
Wii and PS2 personally, for me, were extremely hard to find. My Dad waited outside a store at 6am for the Nintendo 64 but I was just a wee 10 year old back then so I didn't know much about scarcity back then.

PS2 for me, I was the only one in my circle of friends who had one at launch and even a few months afterward. I (my Dad) was smart and preordered it months before launch at EBgames. My other friends thought they could just walk into a store and buy one day one...pathetic.

Kensation

The Enlightened "this guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is what I was asking about. I know about the reasons for the shortages right now, but have they been as bad or worse before? I'm guessing not near as bad, except maybe the Wii?
Lol, I remember during the Wii launch window when I worked at Wal-Mart, the random stampedes whenever the announcement went over the PA that Wiis were back in stock.

Oct 29, 2017

It's definitely been worse than I would have guessed. I've owned every console at launch post-NES, and the PS5 has completely alluded me since preorders went live in September. As someone that follows Wario64 and others on Twitter, been there the moment things went live, know all the tricks (store apps, all the info being loaded prior, keeping the console in your cart, etc., etc.) and STILL haven't come close yet - your random mom and dad looking for these have ZERO shot in the foreseeable future.

Kensation

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's definitely been worse than I would have guessed. I've owned every console at launch post-NES, and the PS5 has completely alluded me since preorders went live in September. As someone that follows Wario64 and others on Twitter, been there the moment things went live, know all the tricks (store apps, all the info being loaded prior, keeping the console in your cart, etc., etc.) and STILL haven't come close yet - your random mom and dad looking for these have ZERO shot in the foreseeable future.
For what it's worth, the Walmart app/website method was what finally secured it for me.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
For what it's worth, the Walmart app/website method was what finally secured it for me.

Every single store app has been absolutely shit for quickly loading any stocks of products. I don't even bother doing it. I waste a minute just getting phone errors of the page not loading when I use my phone app. If it's not the website, I don't even use the app. And it gets annoying since my phone always tries to use the app instead.

Kensation

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Every single store app has been absolutely shit for quickly loading any stocks of products. I don't even bother doing it. I waste a minute just getting phone errors of the page not loading when I use my phone app. If it's not the website, I don't even use the app. And it gets annoying since my phone always tries to use the app instead.
Well, with the Walmart method, you use the app to hammer the "Add To Cart" button, it works much better than the website. Once you get it in your cart, you wait till a couple minutes before the next drop period, then you are able to check out. It's the easiest method.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
How often are Series X consoles being stock in the past month? I am hoping to snag one soon. Also, I have 2 years of GPU, so would it be wiser for me to save up and buy the console, or will the 2 years of GPU with All Access add-on at some point?

not often. I check stock on Amazon/Walmart/Best Buy every day since launch, and no luck. It's almost always sold out within a minute. Once I got a series x in my cart on Best Buy, but wasn't able to purchase.

But following this thread, people are getting them, so it's not completely hopeless. Good luck, hope you can get one!

ignata

Dec 26, 2017
Denver
So I just talked to Walmart cause this OnTrac isn't updating their information, just pushing back the delivery one day at a time and they gave me a 15% refund. That's extremely fair but not having any clue when it'll get here except for a 15 day window is a bummer.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, I remember during the Wii launch window when I worked at Wal-Mart, the random stampedes whenever the announcement went over the PA that Wiis were back in stock.

lol, I can only imagine that.

Well then I guess it is worst than it has ever been, in fact, if only for special circumstances.

I don't know if I should be glad or bummed by the fact I didn't really need/want a next gen console at launch. It's ok because, in fact, I don't need it as there's many games yet to play on my console/s. But then it's crap because yet 5 months later you have to be extremely lucky to get one, we don't know for how long it will be like this, and if I had wanted one at launch maybe I'd have preordered and had one by now, and I'd be playing older/not enhanced games all the same, but on a SSD.

Thanks for the comments, and good luck to those still searching I guess. We'll need it.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Well, with the Walmart method, you use the app to hammer the "Add To Cart" button, it works much better than the website. Once you get it in your cart, you wait till a couple minutes before the next drop period, then you are able to check out. It's the easiest method.

That only works if I actually get the damn Walmart app to work and load a link for a PS5. Which half the time it doesn't, and the time I spend waiting usually has it sold out. I'll see next time when I have the web page up.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Does anybody know if I will have any issues with Xbox All Access if I already have 2 years of GPU stocked-up? Some people online said you can manually claim the 2 years that come with All Access once you are down to 1 year remaining, but others claim otherwise.

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
My Walmart PS5 is supposed to be here in 2 days lol. Still in preparing order phase.

Yeah it happened with my pre-order in November. Everything updates the day before on their site.

I actually saw FedEx was updating faster than Walmart updated, so you can begin to check FexEx transit status updates if you have an online account.

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't gotten a Series X yet, but I'm just trying to plan ahead since I am actively pursuing it.

Xbox Support

If you're already an Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass member, any days remaining in your subscription(s) will be converted to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a conversion ratio when you redeem the 24-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, and those days will be added to your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription up to a maximum of 36 months. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriptions are limited to 36 months.
If you're already an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate member, wait until your existing subscription has a prepaid balance that's less than 12 months before redeeming the 24-month Ultimate subscription through Xbox All Access. You'll be unable to redeem with more than 12 prepaid months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
To check your prepaid balance, sign in to your Microsoft account. Note that once converted to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, Xbox Live Gold, and other Game Pass subscriptions can't be unconverted.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017

Xbox Support

If you're already an Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass member, any days remaining in your subscription(s) will be converted to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a conversion ratio when you redeem the 24-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, and those days will be added to your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription up to a maximum of 36 months. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriptions are limited to 36 months.
If you're already an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate member, wait until your existing subscription has a prepaid balance that's less than 12 months before redeeming the 24-month Ultimate subscription through Xbox All Access. You'll be unable to redeem with more than 12 prepaid months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
To check your prepaid balance, sign in to your Microsoft account. Note that once converted to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, Xbox Live Gold, and other Game Pass subscriptions can't be unconverted.

You are awesome!!! Thank you so much for that answer, as that clarifies everything perfectly.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Best of luck to anyone still trying. I managed to get a XSX, PS5, help 2 friends get a XSX and another friend a PS5. So dont give up!

Honestly...is there any sort of trick to this or is it refresh, add to cart, rinse and repeat?

This feels all sorts of busted.
Late but this might be helpful in the future. Hit add warranty and unclick it. If you do accidentally buy a GameStop bundle with warranty and don't want it, contact customer services and cancel it.

RayFoxII

Oct 25, 2017
California
I managed to get 2 PS5's for my friend and I at launch and haven't really paid much attention to stock issues since then. Last Thursday I tried to walk into a Best Buy to buy a Series X only to find out there's still a huge stock issue lol.

Are local stores still getting shipments of these or is this mainly a try and snipe one online when stock goes up type situation? Also, since Friday I haven't seen the XSX go into stock anywhere, not even for a minute. Is this how it's been lately?

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
deleted, as some people might feel offended by my posting...

Not bragging, why should I? I just don't have the problem and neither did mit friends and colleagues that wanted to have the systems. Having to check an App of your fav. store 1-3 times a day isn't that much to ask? I don't see the major issue here, but that might just be me...

Last edited:

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
I'm really sorry that there are still people that want the PS5 and/or XSX and can't get one, but for me (sorry) it was no problem at all. I ordered my PS5 in the first pre-order window and received the system on launch day. Couple of days ago I decided to get the XSX as well (mainly for game pass reasons again) and I had to wait/check 2-3 times a day for 5 days or so, until I managed to get one from my fav. retailer, which was totally fine. I could have gotten it earlier, if I bought it at Media Markt oder Amazon probably, but I didn't mind waiting not even a week. Maybe I was just lucky? but a good friend of mine bought both systems the same way (just the XSX first) and had no real issues getting either as well.

A colleague got his XSX as well within a couple of days of waiting/checking online stores a couple of months ago without any real hassle. Strange to see, that there seem to be still so many people that can't get one. Especially with friends, Twitter services, websites providing updates, as soon as there is stock for a system, etc.

What exactly was the thought behind coming into a thread of people struggling to find something just to tell them that you could easily get one?

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
I'm really sorry that there are still people that want the PS5 and/or XSX and can't get one, but for me (sorry) it was no problem at all. I ordered my PS5 in the first pre-order window and received the system on launch day. Couple of days ago I decided to get the XSX as well (mainly for game pass reasons again) and I had to wait/check 2-3 times a day for 5 days or so, until I managed to get one from my fav. retailer, which was totally fine. I could have gotten it earlier, if I bought it at Media Markt oder Amazon probably, but I didn't mind waiting not even a week. Maybe I was just lucky? but a good friend of mine bought both systems the same way (just the XSX first) and had no real issues getting either as well.

A colleague got his XSX as well within a couple of days of waiting/checking online stores a couple of months ago without any real hassle. Strange to see, that there seem to be still so many people that can't get one. Especially with friends, Twitter services, websites providing updates, as soon as there is stock for a system, etc.
This isn't Month 1. It's been half a year so millions of more people are trying to get these consoles. It is pure luck if you get a console because you have to be hyper vigilant and compete with everyone else.

You say your friend had no hassle but needing to check online stores every day is a hassle. Who has time for that?

This comes off as bragging.

Oct 25, 2017
Off topic but thought I'd ask... where is good place to sell my xbox one x? Besides on era of course. Ty
OfferUp.
GameStop does a lot of promos they did an extra $50 a few weeks ago which put it at $225. That what I ended up doing. Coulda got more probably but just didn't want to deal with it. Used the credit for Xbox gift cards and have plenty of credit for digital games

MrPoppins

Oct 27, 2017
Silicon Valley - CA
So I am finally getting a 4K TV tomorrow (LG C1). Now I am officially on the hunt for a Series X and PS5. Is best strategy just to have notifications on for Wario64 tweets with accounts already setup at all the major retailers to expedite checkout?

Oct 27, 2017
So I am finally getting a 4K TV tomorrow (LG C1). Now I am officially on the hunt for a Series X and PS5. Is best strategy just to have notifications on for Wario64 tweets with accounts already setup at all the major retailers to expedite checkout?

Accounts, payment methods, and maybe apps for the larger retailers. Be prepared to potentially purchase a bundle.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
deleted, as some people might feel offended by my posting...

Not bragging, why should I? I just don't have the problem and neither did mit friends and colleagues that wanted to have the systems. Having to check an App of your fav. store 1-3 times a day isn't that much to ask? I don't see the major issue here, but that might just be me...
If you're checking 1-3 times a day and get it after a week you're just extremely lucky. These things sell out in no time.