• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who doesn't use Twitter, is there another way I can keep on top of console drops? I'm thinking about grabbing a Series X so I can take full advantage of the next 2 1/2 years of GP I already paid for.
Links get posted in this thread, and there are stock tracker websites you can use such as nowinstock. Or maybe there's a better stock tracker site someone else can recommend.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Links get posted in this thread, and there are stock tracker websites you can use such as nowinstock. Or maybe there's a better stock tracker site someone else can recommend.
Thanks, I've used nowinstock before but it absolutely failed while trying to get my 3080/PS5 so I didn't know if it would be a good option now for the XSX or not. I'll give it a try and also try to keep an eye on this thread. Is the Discord that was up and running for the 3080/Zen 3 launches still active?

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, I've used nowinstock before but it absolutely failed while trying to get my 3080/PS5 so I didn't know if it would be a good option now for the XSX or not. I'll give it a try and also try to keep an eye on this thread. Is the Discord that was up and running for the 3080/Zen 3 launches still active?
I'm not familiar with the PC component stock tracking/Discord's, but I think there was another stock tracker mentioned in here that someone used for the PS5 or Series X and it wasn't nowinstock. I forgot the name :/

RayFoxII

Oct 25, 2017
California

Nowinstock isn't really a good option. I was using it to try and get an XSX and it never once updated in time. I know there's some telegram notification channels but even they were a bit slow compared to just using Twitter. I would just make a throwaway account and set it up for notifications from Wario and a few other stock tracking people only.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Nowinstock isn't really a good option. I was using it to try and get an XSX and it never once updated in time. I know there's some telegram notification channels but even they were a bit slow compared to just using Twitter. I would just make a throwaway account and set it up for notifications from Wario and a few other stock tracking people only.
Damn, I was really hoping to stay away from Twitter... Thanks for the info.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hotstock and Wario64 are the best combo right now. Hotstock also has a phone app. That's how I got my SX from Best Buy finally.

www.hotstock.io

HotStock stock finder alerts

HotStock is a real-time product tracker and AutoBuy bot. We'll instantly alert you when hard-to-get products are back in stock and available to buy. You'll never have to miss out on that must-have product again.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hotstock and Wario64 are the best combo right now. Hotstock also has a phone app. That's how I got my SX from Best Buy finally.

www.hotstock.io

HotStock is a real-time product tracker and AutoBuy bot. We'll instantly alert you when hard-to-get products are back in stock and available to buy. You'll never have to miss out on that must-have product again.
Great, I'll keep Hotstock open. Thanks!

Bejan

May 31, 2020
Are there any trackers for the dual sense charging station? I can't seem to find those anywhere.

ignata

Dec 26, 2017
Denver

www.hotstock.io

Thanks for the tip on the app. After the shipping debacle from Walmart I am dreading hunting for a PS5 again but I feel like I have a better chance with this, especially when I'm at work.

RavenH2

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
If anyone in Argentina is still looking for a PS5 (Both Digital and Physical) are in stock in Musimundo right now, at a decent price (only a small increase from the release price) and you have different financing options (depending on your bank and credit card)

Link

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if anyone posted this, but the PS5 controller charging station can be ordered right now at Amazon. Won't ship until May though. Did I beat Wario64?

ProjectPick

Oct 26, 2017
Got shipping notification this morning on my Walmart 3/18 PS5 order. Delivery by Thursday.

Hopefully others here will start seeing movement soon.

Namikaze1

Oct 25, 2017
The XSX bundle from Sam's Club just arrived. Now to set it up. First I need to figure out where I'm gonna place it cause my big boy over here (PS5) is taking up a lot of room. lol

Sir Charles

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
The XSX bundle from Sam's Club just arrived. Now to set it up. First I need to figure out where I'm gonna place it cause my big boy over here (PS5) is taking up a lot of room. lol
Seriously. This gen is hell for those of us who try to rely on our spouse overlooking new additions to our entertainment center. The PS5 in particular was like a bright neon sign saying "Look at what your husband just bought!!!"

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my notification that my PS5 shipped from the Walmart 3/18 drop. Now just to wait for the package and hope no one steals it.

silver1289s

Mar 8, 2018
It's finally shipped. Looks like it will be here Wednesday. Now I'm just going to stress about the shipping carrier lol

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
Seems like there are less stock updates this month?
Seemed like last month almost evey day there was a update for one of the systems.

ItsBradazHD

Nov 21, 2018
If you're in the UK, 4Gadgets have the Series X on XBOX All Access (been available for a while now).
Most UK stock seems to drop into All Access, which is kinda rough :(

ignata

Dec 26, 2017
Denver
I still can't believe I should've had my PS5 over a week ago but nope, OnTrac. It's way too risky to shop anywhere that uses them as a shipper, and shopping Walmart is pointless when they have no system in place to replace items "lost" in shipping.

Nov 2, 2017
If your PS5 was part of the 3/18 Walmart batch do a quick check of your email. My shipping got confirmed and is arriving via fedex by 4/15.

Sir Charles

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
Got an in-stock alert from the HotStock app for the XSX bundle at Costco like 20 minutes ago. Was able to get an order through by hammering Checkout from my Wishlist where the bundle had already been added. Took like 2 minutes of refresh hammering but one finally got through and a confirmation email came in.

Hope the drops keep coming this week and everyone here is able to score their desired console!

Oct 27, 2017
I have been watching and watching and actively missed both costco drops while I was watching the sites directly. Had I just gotten an S a couple of weeks ago I wouldn't be putting myself through this right now. Ugh.

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017
Just managed to get a Digital Edition console through today's PS Direct. I'm still in disbelief. I had multiple browser windows open on 3 different devices and got lucky with one.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
My busy season has ended and I'm really dismayed that this is still so hard to find. I've been trying on/off the last couple weeks and when this released I thought it would be easier by now and put it out of my mind, but now that we're in April 2021, I'm definitely a bit sad.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
No luck again. Got in the queue pretty early since they finally had a drop when I wasn't at work and the bar didn't even start moving until after all the consoles were gone...again.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Shit. There has been XSX stock at amazon France this morning, and I couldn't get it to process my order in time. I pushed through the cart to my bank's online payment gateway and all, in fact I technically paid, but upon getting back to amazon it said "fuck off, other person got your console even if we were accepting your payment and almost blocking your money". Well, fuck YOU off, amazon fr, you're not even my place's amazon lol.

I hope I can be faster next time but this is beyond ridiculous. I've never been through something like this, except for some once-in-a-time kind concert tickets I bought once, but even those lasted for a lot more time and I ended up not going (and reselling for the same price btw, where is my karma).

Maybe amazon in my actual region shows up with stock later today, but for now it only shows the console in a pack with the red controller (I don't want a second controller, I have the X1X controller for that, plus I'd prefer the blue one obviously), and it's been some time since the amazon fr thing now and it doesn't look like any other amazon will have stock for now. It's been weeks since any place in my country had any stock, there even isn't XSS stock right now if I'm not mistaken, which is weird enough in some places, yet it's still easy to find a XSS. Well, I hope they've been making less S's and more X's because the demand seems to be different from what they expected.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Damn Series X has been MIA at Target for what, a month and a half now? Been holding out on trying to secure one there with how convenient it was getting my PS5 same day through store pickup, but beginning to wonder if I should look elsewhere. Any other stores doing store pickup like Target for Series X with that kind of turnaround from order to pickup?

Been following Matt Swider on twitter for a few weeks and there doesn't seem to be much concrete info on when a drop will occur for Target (Series X specifically).

FanceeLadd

Jan 17, 2020
My March 18 PS5 purchase from Walmart finally shipped this past Saturday and is due to arrive on Friday. A couple of people I talked to on another forum said Walmart shipped their PS5s right after they called to ask for an update, and sure enough the same thing happened to me. I called on Friday and it shipped on Saturday. That could just be a coincidence, of course. But they also gave me a $25 off coupon code for my troubles when I called, so either way I'm pretty happy with their response.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna wait until the end of the week before giving up trying to get a PS5. Didn't have luck with the queue on the disc version, but managed with the digital. Honestly tired of this bullshit rat race of waiting for alerts on Twitter and other places.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna wait until the end of the week before giving up trying to get a PS5. Didn't have luck with the queue on the disc version, but managed with the digital. Honestly tired of this bullshit rat race of waiting for alerts on Twitter and other places.
It's exhausting because even if you get to the alert within seconds, that's usually already too late. I'm just hoping these are easier to find by the holiday season, but I doubt it.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
It's exhausting because even if you get to the alert within seconds, that's usually already too late. I'm just hoping these are easier to find by the holiday season, but I doubt it.

Same. And the constant edge of trying to be on alert is exhausting. To the point where I get angry at everyone else online getting a condo except me. Getting a 3080 was easier than this, and I can't believe I'm saying that. Sony has such a shitty queue system that it makes the old EVGA queue look divinely inspired.