• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017

For My Best Buy members. I think you just need to have an account created. It will also be this price at GameStop for BF.

Anyway excellent price for one of the most complex (in a good way) plots ever told.

Edit: And now GS

Amazon

Amazon.com: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - PlayStation 4: Video Games

Amazon.com: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - PlayStation 4: Video Games

Last edited:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
dang, was hoping the other BF game deals tripped early as well on best buy

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone please buy this and play this game. It's absolutely worth it full price and half off is a phenomenal deal.

OP
OP
Soriku

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Just bought it, hope I like it lol

If you like visual novels (or if you just enjoy good stories) you should like it. I know some people were apprehensive on the combat before release, but I found it fun. If you don't like it for whatever reason, the battles are usually over in minutes and there aren't a whole lot really, plus you can space them out.

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Great deal for a phenomenal game that will most likely go up in price in the future. Grab it while you can people

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you like visual novels (or if you just enjoy good stories) you should like it. I know some people were apprehensive on the combat before release, but I found it fun. If you don't like it for whatever reason, the battles are usually over in minutes and there aren't a whole lot really, plus you can space them out.

I've heard murmurs that it'd appeal to Nier Automata fans, so here I am lol

Visual genre games aren't really something I go out of my way to play, but I have played one or two before

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Do it for Yoko Taro

Yoko Taro: Vanillaware is like a treasure we must all protect, so you should definitely buy 13 Sentinels. Even just one more copy sold can make a difference. I usually don't care about whether a game will sell or not. I don't even care if Atlus ends up closing down one day. But I definitly don't want Vanillaware to disappear. Japan needs Vanillware.

www.dualshockers.com

Yoko Taro Comments on Vanillaware's 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

Yoko Taro shared his thoughts on 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim and how it isn't an action RPG, on George Kamitani, and on Vanillaware.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I bought it at full price but haven't played it yet

Maybe I should stop being a dumbass and wait to buy games until I know I'm actually gonna play them right away

nah

Satori

Nov 13, 2017
Uhh I did not even know about this game...yeah I went ahead and bought that. Thank you for the heads up

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Easily one of the best VNs I've ever played, I've gotten multiple friends to play it already and have also generally agreed. It's also one of my top PS4 games in general.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Bought.

This made me look and see Alicization Lycoris was on sale too, so picked this along with Alicization for Xbox.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Great game, i'm 30 hours in and probably closing in on the ending and I really, really love the story. Totally recommend it, especially at $30

I'm not much of an anime guy, played Persona 5 and a few nintendo games (Xenoblade) but this has gotten me really more interested in actually watching anime for the first time in my life, and i'm an old ass guy

Oct 25, 2017
I bought it at full price but haven't played it yet

Maybe I should stop being a dumbass and wait to buy games until I know I'm actually gonna play them right away

nah
Same, although I did at least finish the prologue. At least it supported the release in the launch window right? It seems this game needed it, I hope they at least made the money back to localize it, as it does seen like a special game.

As for wanting to be a smart consumer, I'm trying to bide my time until the PS5 has more than a tiny ~800gb drive. If you haven't already bought a next gen console, try to resist until they get better like me. 😅 It'll be a tough wait, but it'll be worth it.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
On a scale of 1-10, how anime is this?
Yeah it's 11.
I mean that as a compliment though, shit gets wild. It pulls from a wide range of influences, anime and Hollywood so it keeps things interesting. Just a barrage of high stakes drama and intrigue and romance, a top tier experience.

... I mean, there's also giant balloon breasts and up skirts and all I can say is that at least the camera doesn't linger on it enough to be more than a "roll eyes, next event set piece to wash the taste out".

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Well was going to let my wife get it for me for Xmas but I'd rather save the $30 and she can use it as a present from my daughter to me and I'll pretend to be surprised!

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Was hoping/waiting for a possible pc port but at this price I went and grabbed it.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
It's probably one of if not the best VNs I've ever played. Absolutely insane story. The scope of having 13 protagonists and somehow making it work is just pure wizardry. I don't know how they did it.

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
Lame question, but: does the game come in an actual normal PS4 case? It apparently includes an art book which is throwing me off

Oct 25, 2017
To answer your question, the copy I bought maybe a month after launch still had the artbook, and it was a standard "sleeve holding standard case and artbook" situation. It comes with a normal case.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I have a $20 rewards certificate. Considering using it here.

EDIT: Combat system kind of ruins it for me.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
On a scale of 1-10, how anime is this?

Really kind of hate people framing questions like this and think its just kind of dorky. Something having an anime artstyle doesnt always pertain to the level of writing or tropes

Anyway just literally got the platinum for this and it really is amazing and impressive what they did with what. The amount of characters they handle is a feat and puts something like persona 5 to shame with every character not becoming a talking head (which happens in p5)

Think people should give the game a try just off of how unique it is in video games

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those games where I wished I can memory wipe and play all over again.

100% recommend

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
It's showing up as $60 for me

EDIT: Ah just saw I need an account

EDIT2: Aaand I keep getting errors when trying to create an account ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
There's a really spoilery reason why this is the case. Thankfully, you only get top-torso-to-head shots in-game at certain scenes.
I'm not keen on invoking the Thermian argument on why the lore justifies it but yeah, it's static art head shots with lip flaps and always on a hazy green radio static comms screen. PS4 theme artwork aside, the in-game portraits don't push that boundary more than the basic concept.