• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
There were some people talking about it in the OT but I figured a thread could be of use as well. You can check that this is not an isolated event as well as in the Subreddit people are reporting the same issues:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Returnal

Hopefully Housemarque will have a fix soon since apparently the game crashes even more often now as well

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
They really should have taken another month to actually finish the game. The crashes, bugs, broken trophies, and now save corruption. That's a lot of problems for a game that basically asks you to finish it in one sitting.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
FFS this game is a mess, I was so close to the true ending but I'll probably stop playing until they fix it because I've already had corrupted data on this game

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I bought this game at launch but I think I'm going to wait a few weeks for it to have all the bugs worked out before playing more

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
The launch for this game has been a disaster. I really want to play it, but I'll let it bake for a few more months.

Oct 25, 2017
So if my PS5 is currently turned off can I turn it on without it downloading this update? I have auto updates enabled…

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm smoothly into a run with no save issues but I have a weird audio bug in that for certain sound effects there's gnarly distortion. I might just stop my run and close out of the game to be safe in terms of save corruption.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Wow. What a fucking shame. This sucks. I'm glad I didn't let the hype sweep me away, even though I REALLY want to play it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I say this as someone who's really enjoying the game - the game has been a bit of a hot mess so far.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
I swear every time I hear about a patch for this game, it feels like game was fine at launch and each patch just breaks it

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All part of the experience obviously, people knew what they were doing when they updated it. /s

I keep wanting to play this but things like this just keep it on the shelf, sheesh

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
It's already downloaded...
Does it make before patched saves corrupted or did just the new ones ?

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
This sounds super widespread, if Housemarque doesn't get this fixed or pull the update soon they're gonna have a major disaster on their hands.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
I've been hoping for a patch since my game only just started crashing after finishing Act 1. I guess I'll hold off for longer.

I like this game, but I definitely should've waited on it.

hog

Mar 9, 2021
Just gonna turn off cloud auto sync for a bit while I grind out biome 5.

Oct 27, 2017
Im loving the game but maybe I will drop it for RE8 for a few weeks and try again after another patch. Between this and punishing players by nerfing the ship healing, no quit & save like every dark souls, Housemarque is making some choices that are irritating despite my love for them