Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
The closest to a support class would be Techter, which has access to Shifta/Deband (area buff/debuff), area healing, and the new Overemphasis buff. That's not really your priority, though, you're still flinging Techniques and bonking things with Rod.

That being said, Techter main pairs really well with Fighter as secondary. Shifta overcomes the 10% damage reduction from using a secondary class weapon, so you can be up punching faces while tossing out heals to the group. Hella fun in UQs.
Ah, that sounds perfect. Support/healer classes who can still go full offense is my ideal playstyle.

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
You also don't need a second character to play different classes, and there's zero penalty for switching (the only restriction is that you can only switch classes at the appropriate NPC in town). Armor is also universal (with the only limitation being the class level itself) and can be made to be made completely class-agnostic. That and whatever you set as your subclass will also passively gain experience (at 10% of all experience earned, up to 5 levels below the current level cap), so you can gain levels in your subclass without ever playing it.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Cool, thanks for that. In that case I might make a second character for making them sake, but focus on my main one for the most part.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Just reinstalled this after last playing it in August 2020, and this version seems a lot better. I just imported my PSO2 CAST because I liked my little mecha guy.
How many other characters can you make? I have a slot for one more available, and if I get into it, I might try making another one with this new character creator. I picked fighter for my main because I'm pretty sure I used a punchy class on PSO2, but I'd probably pick a support character for my other character, if that's even a thing.

First 3 character slots are free.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I've got 2 of the 8 classes to level 35 already and I'm working on my third. Its taking me about 1.5 weeks for each.

What I do is try to complete as much as I can with my low level class equipped as my main. That includes the Mag feeding, food eating, and material collection daily tasks, Ronaldine's new weekly side tasks, and as many of the standard weekly tasks I can finish without being high level. I only change back to a level 35 class to complete the 'Kill 50 enemies in Combat Sector X' daily and to fight the occasional Gigantix or farm for rares in a Retem Rank 2 Sector. Thankfully the Loadout feature exists because I'm often using it at the Class Counter to swap between classes.

Use the loadout features - there's one for Looks too - because they really save time.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I haven't been able to load up the game yet but I noticed that in the end of maintenance post - see the 'Things addressed during maintenance' section - they mention that they added scratch ticket voice sample playback functionality within the game.

They really should've had that when these tickets were released. The way this game is managed is puzzling to say the least...
Quoting myself here because I misread this. The comment in the end of maintenance post was in reference to the website's Item Catalog *not* the game client. Anyway, still bizarre that they brought those voice tickets back without support in-game especially considering that Hiro said in that interview that they're aware lots of people don't even use the website.

Abylim

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 29, 2017
I'm confused, is there new sg scratch stuff? Or is it coming soon?

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The last time we had a survey I put it off and waited until the last minute to do it. I'm not letting that happen again.

I've been surfing Discords today noting all kinds of critiques so I can compile them and include them in my survey. I'll post them here later in case anyone needs ideas.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
EDIT:
Thank goodness I don't need to level up for a while. The hardest part iirc was getting from lvl 22-28 and yes doing the yellow Retem battledia triggers will help somewhat (especially if you get a team that can complete them in under 4 mins) until you can get better exp from the other areas.

CXgOuxl.jpg

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
If they introduce new weapons with the next level cap increase I feel bad for people who bought the Relik at 10 to 50M mesetas.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
that's the main reason it's hard to justify spending meseta on better gear

before long, whatever weapon I buy will be completely irrelevant and I'll just be out a few million meseta with nothing to show for it

cosmetics continue to be the true endgame

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
If they introduce new weapons with the next level cap increase I feel bad for people who bought the Relik at 10 to 50M mesetas.

There may be new weapon drops with the N-Elder UQ next month, but so far nothing's been datamined yet and new stuff is in the game files 1-2 months prior to actual release. I'd say there is a slim chance of new non-elemental gear coming prior to Zone Three.

OP
OP
Zeta Ori

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
I give it at least 2 more expansions before we get weapons worth holding on to for more than 6 months tbh

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The real bummer is using Meseta and materials to grind, unlock/upgrade potentials ,and add augments when the weapons and will be outdated soon. They're circumventing that through the Gold Primm Armor and Gold Primm Swords Battledia drops but I honestly thinking their entire upgrade system could be simpler. I would like to see the costs for grind and unlocking/upgrading potentials be significantly reduced at the very least. *Adds it to his survey list*

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like this is going to be a February-only thing, there's some fine print near the beginning:

This super fantabulous event, Ultra PSO2 Day! Triple Burst, will only be in February!

However, they do say that this will happen again for the Premium-only PSO2 day on the 22nd.

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like this is going to be a February-only thing, there's some fine print near the beginning:

However, they do say that this will happen again for the Premium-only PSO2 day on the 22nd.
Yeah, PSO2 Days in JP are on the 2nd and 22nd of each month and Super PSO2 Days are in February (02.02 and 02.22)

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I mean... At this point, what would be a good time to introduce new weapons then? 3 months isn't long enough? What about 6 months? How long is too long or short?

Relik users are always going to be screwed. The next "XXX" series of weapon users are always going to get screwed. It doesn't matter. People will pay what they think it is worth. Prices will drop after the next series is announced.

But I do agree, those people are fucked lmaooo (that's why I never buy weapons... Only Phashion!)

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I absolutely LOVE that they re-imagined Rati. I hope this is the first of many PSO1 mags they'll be bringing back. If they're re-imagining them, I'd even enjoy seeing new versions of existing PSO1 mags that are in the game already like Soniti and Sato.

THE ULTIMATE POWER

IT BEGINS SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG TIME

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

Quoting this from the Sega Sapporo thread. It does seem like this new studio will be supporting NGS based on the header. (I haven't had time to run the test through a translator.)

Edit: Job listings are for PSO2NGS. Same jobs are listed here and specially mention NGS.

sega-sapporo-studio.co.jp

セガ札幌スタジオ公式サイト|SEGA

世界に向けて革新的なゲームを創る仲間を募集中!セガ札幌スタジオの採用情報、会社概要など。

Last edited:

Primus

Oct 25, 2017

Reminder about the next Headline tomorrow morning, 4am PST/7am EST. Will cover the February updates including the Nadereh concert and N-Elder UQ.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I played this at launch after loving PSO2 that finally came out in the west.

I got bored a few hours in though :/
Has the game gotten a lot added/better since launch? I've been in the mood for some PSO and deciding whether to go back to 2 or try New Genesis again..

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I played this at launch after loving PSO2 that finally came out in the west.

I got bored a few hours in though :/
Has the game gotten a lot added/better since launch? I've been in the mood for some PSO and deciding whether to go back to 2 or try New Genesis again..

they added a large new region that's more fun to explore than aelio ever was and a bunch of new bosses and enemies and such

still kinda starving for content, especially stuff outside combat and exploration, but it's a little more bearable now

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Quoting this from the Sega Sapporo thread. It does seem like this new studio will be supporting NGS based on the header. (I haven't had time to run the test through a translator.)

Edit: Job listings are for PSO2NGS. Same jobs are listed here and specially mention NGS.

sega-sapporo-studio.co.jp

セガ札幌スタジオ公式サイト|SEGA

世界に向けて革新的なゲームを創る仲間を募集中!セガ札幌スタジオの採用情報、会社概要など。
Great. But I gotta imagine we won't see much out of this for awhile a LONG TIME. Good start though however.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
they added a large new region that's more fun to explore than aelio ever was and a bunch of new bosses and enemies and such

still kinda starving for content, especially stuff outside combat and exploration, but it's a little more bearable now

ok thanks for the update!
i may give it a little more time before popping back in.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Sega PSO2 NGS is getting a vtuber too, although it's transfering from the Idola Mobaga that just ended to the new flagship online game PSO2 NGS with a new design
FKguZBHVgAA09Xs

www.youtube.com

ポポナです!『NGS』オフィシャル VTuberに就任しました!!(PSO2)/Hi I’m Popona, official NGS VTuber

ポッポー♪NGSオフィシャルVTuberのポポナです! 第1回配信!とっても緊張しますが、楽しんで配信したいと思います♪ぜひみなさん見てくださいね~! 今回はみなさんと一緒に新キャラクリエイトからやってみたいと思います! Coo Coo! Hi I’m Popona, official NGS VTuber!Th...

Her old design and "channel" for Idola

Her expression is funny~ and she started playing NGS on Ship 6.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Then she started PSO2 NGS and joined Ship 6...and the game crashed

unknown.png

Untitled.png

unknown.png

Oct 25, 2017
Sega PSO2 NGS is getting a vtuber too, although it's transfering from the Idola Mobaga that just ended to the new flagship online game PSO2 NGS with a new design
FKguZBHVgAA09Xs

www.youtube.com

ポポナです!『NGS』オフィシャル VTuberに就任しました!!(PSO2)/Hi I’m Popona, official NGS VTuber

ポッポー♪NGSオフィシャルVTuberのポポナです! 第1回配信!とっても緊張しますが、楽しんで配信したいと思います♪ぜひみなさん見てくださいね~! 今回はみなさんと一緒に新キャラクリエイトからやってみたいと思います! Coo Coo! Hi I’m Popona, official NGS VTuber!Th...

Her old design and "channel" for Idola

Her expression is funny~ and she started playing NGS on Ship 6.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Then she started PSO2 NGS and joined Ship 6...and the game crashed

unknown.png

Untitled.png

unknown.png

Quite the introduction lol

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
So guys. I'm really on the edge here.

I REALLY want to play the game with my friends but I'm not sure what activities can be done with a group? Campaign? Dungeons? Raids? Bosses?

Could you help me out? :)

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

I REALLY want to play the game with my friends but I'm not sure what activities can be done with a group? Campaign? Dungeons? Raids? Bosses?

Just fighting mobs and boss.

Boss can be time based or PSE-Burst boss, and trigger with team.

There can be free world of 32 people, region of 8 people(Same for Emergency Quest)

Other then that, it's just use as a chat-room with a indepth chara customzation.

unknown.png

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
Ultra PSO2 day already started in JP and Hasemo over in the Discord mentioned that there are a few packs available in the SG Shop during the event.

Material storage 30 days, Extended storage 30 days, Rare drop rate 50% 24h, and an R Warrior scratch exchange ticket - 1000SG
220202spso2d_2a_item_704x990.jpg

there's also packs for stats with 100% success rate capsules for 500 SG which include a Salon pass, Rare drop rate 50% 24h, and a set of power 3/stamina 3, shoot 3/pp 3, or tech 3/pp 3

Example of the Power set
220202spso2d_2b_item_704x1068.jpg

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

This game is actually very shallow. The majority of the game is open-field areas with other players running around that you can freely play alongside or play with in a formed party. The only instanced content are short combat quests called "battledia" which require dropped items to participate in and "urgent quests" which occur randomly throughout the day and are available for only a 30-minute window; you can only play them once during that window.

You can play everything solo - matchmaking will party you up with others - or create a party of 4 players to tackle stuff together.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the feb 9th update includes:

Megalodatix (or whatever?)
new rank sectors (known)
also AMD FSR? along with DLSS? I dont think we knew about FSR?
Also CHAOS trials? wtf is that?
And I didnt know the level cap was being raised with THIS update OOF.
Also weapon level raised to 50?
Party boost feature

Im late as usual lol. Watching this now.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
Just fighting mobs and boss.

Boss can be time based or PSE-Burst boss, and trigger with team.

There can be free world of 32 people, region of 8 people(Same for Emergency Quest)

Other then that, it's just use as a chat-room with a indepth chara customzation.

unknown.png

Thanks for answering!

That doesn't sound like it would be the perfect game for a group. Damn.

2/9 Update Details
OP
OP
Zeta Ori

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Concert-1024x576.jpg

Chapter 2 Side Story & Concert
  • Nadereh will hold a concert in Retem City.
  • There will be two songs: Song of War And Song of Mourning.
  • The concert will also be broadcasted in Central City in Aelio.
  • Watching the concert in Central or Retem City will give you a Concert boost effect.

Level-Cap-40-1024x576.jpg

Level Cap 40 and New Rank Sectors
  • The level cap will be raised to Lv. 40.
  • Rank 3 will be added to Mt. Magnus.
  • In the new high ranked sectors, Chaos Trials will have a higher chance to occur.
    • Chaos Trials are when two Trials occur simultaneously.
    • Transorve Destruction Trials from Retem will also occur here!
    • There will also be Chaos Trials with combined Boss Trials.
    • Completing a Chaos Trial increases the PSE Gauge 1 level.
  • You can now limit break your equipment to +50, but you'll need a new material.
    • You can acquire fragments that drop from enemies in the new high rank sectors.
    • You can trade them in for a new material called "Arms Refiner"
    • "Arms Refiner" will also be dropped by the new enemy Megalotix.
    • Equipment at +50 will unlock the 5th Special Ability slot.
  • A new enemy type called Megalotix will appear that drops lots of grind materials and meseta.
    • They will appear in the new high rank sectors.

Rank-2-Battledia-1024x576.jpg

More Rank 2 Sectors
  • Battledia Rank 2 added to Battledia in Aelio.
    • Previous AC Scratch Reward "Dash Fairy" will drop in another color variation.
  • Rank 2 added to Aelio Emergency Quests!
    • Contains Level 40 Enemies.
    • Drops Fragments for Limit Breaking to +50.
    • Drops Photon Scales.
  • Photon Scales will be added to completion bonuses!
  • Level 44 Gigantix will appear in every region.
    • Drop rate for Gigas-type Abilities for this enemy level will increase from 2 to 3.
  • Emergency Quests can now be accepted across regions!

Mission-Pass-1024x576.jpg

Various New Elements
  • Season 5 Mission Pass
    • Mag Form: Willow (You can also change its color with "Change Mag Color")
  • Mags will now have a Jukebox feature.
    • Songs you have registered in PSO2 will also be available.
  • Party Bonus will boost EXP, Meseta, and Rare Drop Rate
    • The more party members, the higher the boost. (Max: 10%)
  • ARKS ID: Add your own comments, symbol arts, or stamps.
    • Create an original Title by combining Titles you've acquired.
    • More features will be available in the future.
  • N-EX Rare Drop Rate +25% will be added to the Recycle Shop.
    • You can use these in conjunction with other rare drop boosters.
  • NVIDIA DLSS and AMD FSR 1.0 will be supported.
    • PC gets NVIDIA DLSS and AMD FSR.
    • XBOX gets AMD FSR.

Valentine-1024x576.jpg

AC Scratch: Sugary Sweets
  • Frilly ribbons, maid, and butler uniforms for Valentine's day!
  • Lobby Actions: At Your Service / Relax
  • Motion: Idle – Butler
  • Motion: Dash – Wild (Scratch Bonus)

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
OOF. Much better thanks for this! Lots of info here.

XBOX getting AMD FSR is awesome. I think read MYST was the only other title using it?

Also... to everyone worried about the Relik series being replaced:

THE RELEASE OF THE RELIK SERIES WEAPONS WAS A SURPRISE BECAUSE THERE WAS NO ANNOUNCEMENT AHEAD OF TIME AND THEY ARE QUITE STRONG. ARE THERE PLANS TO RELEASE WEAPONS MORE POWERFUL THAN RELIK IN THE NEAR FUTURE?​

There are no plans to release weapons significantly more powerful than Relik in the near future. The Cinquem series that drops from Dark Falz has a slightly higher potency, but there are differences in their potential effects, so their performances are almost the same.

So no worries. New weapon series is a side grade c':

Last edited: