demu

AVALANCHE
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I think tomorrow will be the day when all kinds of PSVR2 embargoes will be lifted, just like the German YouTuber hinted at last week. On MinnMax's schedule it says they're gonna talk about PSVR2:

aURwVJj.png

and on Discord, Ben Hanson of MinnMax posted that they can't release the podcast until Thursday because of an embargo:

HXUr6At.png

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
3.) The headset teardown was AWESOME. It does confirm, however, the one not-that-great thing: the headset indeed uses a standard ERM motor like Xbox, PS4, etc (regular old vibration). I suspected this from the beginning since Sony never used the term "haptics," but started thinking based on impressions that it may actually be a more advanced haptic motor. Not so.
It was known to be a simple rumble for a while now.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
I think tomorrow will be the day when all kinds of PSVR2 embargoes will be lifted, just like the German YouTuber hinted at last week. On MinnMax's shedule it says they're gonna talk about PSVR2:

aURwVJj.png

and on Discord, Ben Hanson of MinnMax posted that they can't release the podcast until Thursday because of an embargo:

HXUr6At.png
Several signs pointed to Thursday so tomorrow it is then!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I know I said I was done but...

👀 I just preordered The Light Brigade as well.

Ok done done. So done right now.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I don't believe you. 😉

You're getting GT 7 as well iirc, if you want to have someone to compare times too feel free to add me on PSN, it's Colfari there as well. We did this in the OT for the game too.
And I hope you're doing well, Kyuuji.
Haha, I don't blame you 😊

I am indeed, and more like if you want someone to make you feel better about your times I'd be more than happy to. Added! I am thank you, all things considered. I hope all is well with you too, and thanks for the nice message 🌸

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
Have they said timeline wise where Call of the Mountain takes place? I've been a slacker and barely touched Forbidden West. Started last night and will probably be done by the time my unit arrives, but even with it being a new character set in the universe I was wondering if I had to worry about anything too spoilery.

hartmarque

Feb 1, 2023
Have they said timeline wise where Call of the Mountain takes place? I've been a slacker and barely touched Forbidden West. Started last night and will probably be done by the time my unit arrives, but even with it being a new character set in the universe I was wondering if I had to worry about anything too spoilery.
Hell, I haven't even finished the first game yet. If I have to wait to play Call of the Mountain, I guess I'll... be waiting, then. (Or I'll just spoil myself.)

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I believe I've heard people say it's between Zero Dawn and Forbidden West. But I do not know for certain.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
PSVR2 |OT| Come to your Senses
This is the one. Does everything an OT title should. Clever pun with direct reference, short, scans well. Win.

bearing in mind each eye is 2k x 2k there isn't a huge value in going higher than 1920x1080 especially as you'll have some 'space' around the screen too
So is the virtual screen only 1080p at its maximum screen size? I would think as it gets smaller the amount of pixels being used on the little OLED panels would decrease, leading to lower resolution.

The 1080p is only an approximation, a reference. There's no direct pixel mapping on VR screens, it's all done at a higher res and down-sampled (well, not always, esp. on under-powered hardware, but that's obvs not the case here) and warped to counter the optics . That the perceived image is way better than a virtual 1080p floating screen might initially suggest isn't a massive shocker, but the combo with the great optics, true blacks, no godrays etc... beautiful.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
This German blog post from today seems to confirm 4 new games:
  • Wanderer Remastered (!)
  • Project Wingman
  • Solaris Offworld Combat 2
  • Gorn
blog.de.playstation.com

PlayStation VR2 – diese Spiele erscheinen im Release-Fenster

Diese immersiven PS VR2-Games solltet ihr auf dem Schirm haben.

Hmmm, that's interesting. Solaris was made by the Firewall people, I think. Weird to see a PS Blog list that as a launch window title while we still don't have a date for Firewall Ultra. Day one PS+ surprise it is, then!

Has anyone played Project Wingman? Apparently, it's an Ace Combat-like with very positive Steam reviews.

And Wanderer is one I'm definitely buying. Damn the year one lineup is going to be stellar.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
This German blog post from today seems to confirm 4 new games:
  • Wanderer Remastered (!)
  • Project Wingman
  • Solaris Offworld Combat 2
  • Gorn
blog.de.playstation.com

PlayStation VR2 – diese Spiele erscheinen im Release-Fenster

Diese immersiven PS VR2-Games solltet ihr auf dem Schirm haben.
Lol german ps blog fucked up it seems.
Wanderer coming to PSVR2 was always very obvious. Just weird that they waited so long to announce it. Maybe it is planned for the "low-key" State of Play soon.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
This is the one. Does everything an OT title should. Clever pun with direct reference, short, scans well. Win.

The 1080p is only an approximation, a reference. There's no direct pixel mapping on VR screens, it's all done at a higher res and down-sampled (well, not always, esp. on under-powered hardware, but that's obvs not the case here) and warped to counter the optics . That the perceived image is way better than a virtual 1080p floating screen might initially suggest isn't a massive shocker, but the combo with the great optics, true blacks, no godrays etc... beautiful.

Probably gonna use my PSVR2 quite often to watch some BDs or streaming content, it would be cool if we could just hook it up directly to a BD player, would save some energy.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
The cable can't be removed without replacing the whole headband. The original point people made before was you could just remove the cable alone and that's not the case with the way it's designed and integrated into the headband. Nothing I said about removing the cable was wrong because there's no way with that design would consumers be expected to do so.
The original point made was merely speculative about how it could be done, given far more limited information we all had at the time. Why are you trying to hold anyone to that specific guess of implementation when the spirit of the original point was just that there would be some way to do it?

Now if you want to discuss the whole headband, I still think based on that design, they are not planning to ever have that be user replaceable either. They would have designed it differently if they had any intention of doing so.
If they had just done one thing different, I might actually agree with you: if they had just seated those cable connectors *inside* the headset casing so they couldn't be accessed without first dismantling the casing. But the deliberate seating of the connectors at the point of entry, not fused or locked in any way, signals to me that Sony is at least hedging their bets here.

I would bet a lot of money on it too that they never make replacing the headband to upgrade it as a retail product. That design speaks volumes and you're overestimating what what would be reasonable for something to be consumer friendly. Take the financial bet if you think there is any reasonable probability that the headband will be upgraded as a retail product from Sony. Otherwise you're just saying anything is technically possible just like replacing the battery in the DualShock 4 is, but it'll never happen in reality from a Sony official standpoint in a retail product.
Again, my dispute here isn't over the probability of Sony offering a wireless adapter, it's over the capability of doing so with accessory to the current hardware. Based on the teardown, there is clearly an avenue intentionally left open by Sony to do just that, in a manner no more difficult or risky than installing a new SSD in the PS5. I am not simply saying "anything is technically possible" I am saying this is clearly more feasible than a lot of other design schemes would have made it, and that's clearly intentional. Whether they ever need to take advantage of it is down to evolving market conditions and is not the point of this argument.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Primal Sage

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
German PSN Bog. That's good enough for me. I'm putting them on the list.

Hopefully we will soon get a clarification whether Wanderer Remastered is a free upgrade or separate purchase.

Shit, it's half price until tomorrow. A clarification REAL soon would be nice.