• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 11943

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like you, because you like Queen who is the best girl.

The DOA lady bulge was progressive, this is a top tier reality check for men around the world. Also they should model the pee pee in fairness but that will take time also rust is all about dicks so there is a tradition and lineage here

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Give the men a bulge to compensate! It's a mature game so I don't see why sexy aspects should be outright shunned? Let adults have their fun, you don't HAVE to look at the things. You don't normally stare at crotches in real life right?
It is? This doesn't make it seem like it is. Just because it has violence and age rating doesn't make it mature.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Am I the only one who can't see OP's picture? All I have is "Twitter is loading".

Seems unnecessary but from what I've been reading it's just underwear? If they add a male bulge, I think it's only fair.

Depending on your browser you may have to add a security exception for ResetEra. This is a common problem in the Technical Issues thread, you may wish to check there. I use Firefox and had to add an exception for ResetEra myself.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A male bulge with the equal tighness of the female character panties would... you know, show some junk. This is some unmodeled bulge, compared to the more detailed cameltoe.

Like what? Dicktogs? Because I can't imagine any type of male underwear getting any tighter than that.

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I'm entering a game of death with mobility and movement of paramount importance, I too will wear uncomfortably tight under garments.
for some people tighter clothes can feel more comfortable. it's just a personal preference. i'd want to feel comfortable with what i'm wearing if trying to survive. some people might like loose clothes some people might like tight clothes. so i don't really see your point here.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
For those saying they should add a bulge for the males too, uhhhh....

maxresdefault.jpg

Thats ones poorly textured and very untight pair of male briefs, not even close to the same thing.

Maybe the designers were inspired by 2017's GotY?
2_DAFE8_F0-4717-4_D95-89_FA-_EF66_E2_DFBC97.jpg
Lmao I couldn't figure out what you were showing. Thought you uploaded the picture wrong, haha!

Oct 27, 2017
They should add variation to the camel toes somehow like how deep the camel toe goes, length of the slit, whether its bushy and a little hair pops from the sides of the underwear, the color of that hair, underwear pattern, then make cameltoe variations something that can drop in lootboxes.

So there'd be like rare cameltoes that some rich guy would buy for $1000

Got Danny

Nov 8, 2017
well there's the normal maps in those tweets and the man have no visible bulge. At most maybe they apply some shadow or something but it's not clearly defined like the camel toe in the normal maps.
Idk man, the bulges are definitely noticeable. Even without zooming in.

Not a knock on the ladies who are offended, they have every right. Just pointing it out. "no bulge" is definitely not true

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
A male bulge with the equal tighness of the female character panties would... you know, show some junk. This is some unmodeled bulge, compared to the more detailed cameltoe.

In real life male bulges looks pretty much like in the picture. Real bulges aren't outlined dicks. I mean, I'd rather have it all taken away. Take it all away. I don't want any of it.

Maniac

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd like to point out there's also a *massive* bum crack on the test servers. The womens undies are basically sucked up into the arse, somehow.

It's... Weird.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
Welp, if males have a bulge then there's parity. I see no problem. I mean, you shoot people in the head but "hey no nudity", can't allow that. Almost 'murrican cliche.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
Give the men a bulge to compensate! It's a mature game so I don't see why sexy aspects should be outright shunned? Let adults have their fun, you don't HAVE to look at the things. You don't normally stare at crotches in real life right?

(I don't play PUBG for the record though, but I would try it out if my Laptop could handle it!)
This is such a weird position to take, though it's a very common one so I'm not trying to single you out.

But it sounds like what a kid would imagine being an adult is like. Like "Finally, I'm an adult so all the movies I watch and games I play are full of cussing and nudity because that's what adults watch because it's not for kids."

Look, if this was a game about people living without air conditioning in an apartment and the game wanted to convey that their underwear stuck to their skin like a glove because of the humidity or something, I guess it might make sense. But PUBG is a game where you're thrown into an island to loot for guns and kill other people. It's a game about shooting and feeling like a badass. There's no reason to model underwear wrapping around a vagina or going up a buttcrack.

There's almost a 100% chance that this is in the game because the texture artist was a little pervy, rather than it being part of the artistic vision to make the best battle Royale game.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
In real life male bulges looks pretty much like in the picture. Real bulges aren't outlined dicks. I mean, I'd rather have it all taken away. Take it all away. I don't want any of it.

It's the same for women. In real life, you don't have defined vulva details visible on the outside of your underwear. You just have fabric.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
That's hilarious. Being serious, though. I think it's pretty unnecessary on what is essentially an underwear. It wouldn't bother me because I could never tell.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
It's the same for women. In real life, you don't have defined vulva details visible on the outside of your underwear. You just have fabric.
I know. Burn it all down like I said. I just said what I said because I'd rather elevate both genders to a better standard (mostly the standard males get to enjoy compared to females) instead of being content with dragging us all down to shit, just so we could say "at least we're now equally shit!".

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
There's almost a 100% chance that this is in the game because the texture artist was a little pervy, rather than it being part of the artistic vision to make the best battle Royale game.

The road and rock textures in the game are still some of the laziest (and sometimes missing) ive ever seen in a modern game, so this might explain where the priorities are.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
It is? This doesn't make it seem like it is. Just because it has violence and age rating doesn't make it mature.

Well I don't particularly agree with the standard Western viewpoints on Violence somehow being more acceptable than sexuality. I think it's quite funny what Westerners censor and don't censor, but I grew up on a different side of the planet with different viewpoints and cultural aspects so my views on "mature" have always been different.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, I think you're referring to the same thing in a way. There's really not much you can do in the way of modeling either honestly. That is, unless you wanna get REAL procedural with it. You have a bulge, and you have a crease.

GOD why am I talking about this lol

Oct 26, 2017
I like how the male "Bulge" is being shown to make it seem like it's equal treatment. That bulge is an incredibly undefined mound that looks more like the characters wearing a cup or something. The female equivalent is exaggerated to a silly degree for pandering reasons.

Basically the guy version is lessened for the same reason the female's exaggerated, Guys with the sexual maturity of a 15 year old don't want to be confronted with male sexualisation, but actively demand the female equivalent.

OP
OP
Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Well I don't particularly agree with the standard Western viewpoints on Violence somehow being more acceptable than sexuality. I think it's quite funny what Westerners censor and don't censor, but I grew up on a different side of the planet with different viewpoints and cultural aspects so my views on "mature" have always been different.

I live in Germany and you can have advertisments with bare breasts or ads for an online sextoy store. It just doesnt make any sense that this game has a visible cameltoe.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see the issue as man have pretty big bulge too, albeit not that detailed.
I'm sure this is just a move to try to bring down the loot box gear prices, so that people would just play without clothes or something. (This was a joke by the way, I have no clue)

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like how the male "Bulge" is being shown to make it seem like it's equal treatment. That bulge is an incredibly undefined mound that looks more like the characters wearing a cup or something. The female equivalent is exaggerated to a silly degree for pandering reasons.

Basically the guy version is lessened for the same reason the female's exaggerated, Guys with the sexual maturity of a 15 year old don't want to be confronted with male sexualisation, but actively demand the female equivalent.

I dunno, doesn't this sound like clutching at straws to you?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to make sure everyone is clear on this in case they haven't played Playerunknown's Battlegrounds: PUBG is not a game concerned with immersion; it is a competitive multiplayer game where you parachute onto an island and try to kill 99 enemy players, scavenging equipment as you go. It leans heavily into arcadiness rather than immersiveness.

However... it does try to be grounded and realistic within its arcadey setting--which is why the spray-painted underwear has to go. (And why it wouldn't fit into an immersive-styled game either.) It doesn't make any sense outside of titillating men; it's crass and actively detracts from the game. How do I know it detracts? Every time I'm playing or looking at gameplay I'll remember that this is in it... and sigh.

And re: the male 'bulge' in the test server (or live game, I dunno): it's not sexualised; it's like a Ken doll, vs. the female avatar's X-rated design. They're galaxies away in terms of explicitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.