Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
We had a thread earlier about how it didn't look like there was much impact on Day 1, but it seems like it might be starting to kick in.

I'll try to make another thread to check how it's going after about a month.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/10/16/blackout-vs-pubg/

pubg-chart78ciy.jpg

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
I knew this was going to happen. Launch day only had 4% drop from PUBG

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blackout is just phenomenal, playing splitscreen with a friend gives the same vibes as playing the original Halo back in the day.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Fortnite somehow preventing you from playing the games you like?

People just get sick of hearing about a certain game too much especially if it's one they didn't like already or have no interest in. PUBG took most of this heat last year but now it's Fortnite that's talked about all of the time, even though PUBG is still played a lot. You just don't hear about it as much anymore.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, its having an impact - in the 'west' at least. The game has been seeing shifts in its chart for longer than BO has been out though, but there is no denying there are fundamental changes in its chart over the past month. The like clockwork rhythm of the slope is getting disrupted.

https://steamcharts.com/app/578080#7d

https://steamcharts.com/app/578080#1y

PUBG will remain solidly viable for a long long long time - depending on how Activision handles BO, if they make BR an annual release, PUBG might outlive Blackout but remain second fiddle to the COD BR of the year.

Last edited:

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
PUBG now needs to be on PS4 to get that buzz up for the game across multiple platforms. Miss this year and I don't see them doing serious numbers on PS4.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite isn't going nowhere. Even with it's building that annoys people and bad gunplay. The secret to the games success is the incredible support Epic gives it on a weekly basis. They've brought me back to that game like ten times because of something new they added. I would not expect anywhere near that level of support for Blackout.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
It's the best Call of Duty debut in the franchise's history, and at one point, we had MW2 doing 5 million copies (lifetime, obviously) on Steam.

There are no sales numbers afaik? And I don't think they have the in game player count like older cod games had to see how many are playing.

Highest selling?
Sure, but it's also selling on battle net and they don't sell like they do on consoles.
Pubg was due a dip and I'm shocked it's taken this long, all it will need is some new content and it would pick back up.
As much as I love and play blackout daily, I can see that map getting old already

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Comparing with just a week before? Pretty weak analysis lmao. PUBG has been lower than this without Blackout.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Again with a picture. PUBG banned 210K cheaters last week and 180K the week before

grdouzap1fs119ecwl.png

Minimum players are really telling - usually the game bottoms out at 120K players (or more..or less), last night, it was at 25K, and stayed under 50K for a few hours, right during the 9pm to 1am EST (6pm - 10pm PST) times.

PUBG will remain solidly viable for a long long long time - depending on how Activision handles BO, if they make BR an annual release, PUBG might outlive Blackout but remain second fiddle to the COD BR of the year.

The minimum was that low because the servers were offline for 5 hours! (update was released)

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Blackout is honestly performing exceptionally well. I'll be honest back before the Beta rolled out I did not expect Activision to nail the BR mode as well as they have their first time out