Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This should be in the OT and a mod should update the thread title to reflect this.

OP should have did some research before making this thread honestly. Not saying BLOPS didn't bring the numbers down, but to omit this info makes it seem like the OP has something against PUBG. You have no concrete evidence to make this claim.
I mean, OP is just posting what's in the link so at first nothing wrong. But ignoring posts that might explain the drop and contradict the source of this thread is just bad behavior.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Games don't really kill eachother that often. When's the last time a game killed another game directly? When that happens it's not something where there is any useful data after just a few days, too. You need a longer view. Nothing useful will be in the numbers after only a few days.

The talk and articles about this are farcical. For my part, I don't think Bobo will have a big impact on PUBG because they're just too different and the audiences are too different.

Oct 25, 2017
It was inevitable. Seemed like PUBG has had so many different issues with it over its life.

Black Out, out the gate, is already pretty polished. Some issues here and there, but by and large, its solid.

If Activision was smart, they'd break Blackout out, and offer it at a reduced price digitally.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
I mean, OP is just posting what's in the link so at first nothing wrong. But ignoring posts that might explain the drop and contradict the source of this thread is just bad behavior.
I'm sure the OP will pop back in and take a look. I do think the banning should be in the OT though. It's an important number that can get lost.

I'm sure BLOPS will have an impact on PUBG. I'm hoping that it's my entry into BR. I've tried them all, and they are not for me. Their version seems like something I'd eventually like.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Havnt played Blops 4 myself. Lots of my friends have though.. they're pretten evenly split who likes blops 4 better or pubg better.
The consensus seems to be though that Blops is a much more polished game while Pubg still is pretty flawed but has much better depth.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
PUBG is done. Fortnite and LoL are next, they had a good run.

Lol, why are people so obsessed with stuff like this? Just play what you enjoy.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Not really surprising that a well produced, stable and well supported game in the same genre would beat its primary competition.

"PUBG without the jank and without Fortnite's building " is what a lot of people have been wanting for a while.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I was blown away when I saw PUBG with only like 1000 viewers on Twitch yesterday, even if a Fortnite tournament was going on. The mindshare has obviously shifted already. Still not in the top 10. Wonder how long it will take before it gets back up there.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe it will have a significant impact, as PUBG and Blackout are still quite different games, major bullet sponge + hit markers in Blackout already makes the game quite different vs. PUBG.

PUBG has a specific appeal much like ARMA does among other shooters.
I agree with the bolded, I think to me and many other people, it's ARMA roots are a lot of the appeal. I used to play Arma 3 Battle Royale, which was what came right before PUBG (other than PlayerUnknown working on what eventually became H1Z1's King of the Kill/whatever it is now).

I'd really love to see PUBG incorporate some of the features Arma 3 had that still have yet to be seen in PUBG.

- TrackIR/headtracking support
- Arma 3's stance system (something between crouch and prone, and stand and crouch, to help you aim between those window bars)
- Weapon resting, maybe even add bipods.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
There's so many cheaters in PUBG that it causes that much of a dip in their peak player counts? That game needs to get a grip.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
it's cute that you think that but PUBG is the cockroach of BR whether you like it or not

Like I said before in another thread, PUBG devs had months, literally months to improve the game, especially when a very well known AAA competitor is knocking on your door and directly telling you they are going to be in your lane soon, and those fools sat on their hands until very recently. Let's not sit here and act like CoD isn't big worldwide. You call PUBG a cockroach but Activision is the exterminator. Whether we like it or not they came ready, they listened to feedback and responded very fast, and most importantly optimized their game for all 3 platforms. Give it this holiday season(along with Battlefield's BR) and it's a wrap for PUBG.

We can all give PUBG props for starting the wave and grandfathering all of these new BR games in, but I don't see them staying relevant in late 2018, let alone 2019. They had their moment. It's over.

Edit: To the people saying Fortnite is done too, y'all trippin. Fortnite is half in the BR lane and half in the Minecraft lane. It might take a small dip but it will be more than fine, especially with the kids.

Last edited:

SneaksnM

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why do you guys post that you don't care about these games but still make threads to gloat about lower player count after a new BR game comes out

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
This should be in the OT and a mod should update the thread title to reflect this.

OP should have did some research before making this thread honestly. Not saying BLOPS didn't bring the numbers down, but to omit this info makes it seem like the OP has something against PUBG. You have no concrete evidence to make this claim.

This. I have nothing against Niro, but this thread comes off like same style of the "Ninja Theory hiring for a game analytics position = Ninja theory going GaaS" and most people in the thread seemed to jump on that bandwagon. Which is as much speculation as saying the BLOPS release is the only cause of PUBG numbers going down. Yeah, sure, okay, I can buy that for a dollar. However, when BH is banning 100K to 300K accounts per week with some months more than others, 13 million accounts in just over a year, that information is pertinent.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Blackout is so damn good and works so well, so no wonder here.
Being first person only helps too. I'm just scared for the after launch support, they need to add weapons, maps and weather system to it too and constantly keep it fresh like Fortnite, and not sure if this has been thing with earlier CoD games.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Now lets kill fortnite too.
tumblr_nzx855lCF61ui7om8o1_500.gif

Why is this the answer to popular games these days?

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Blackout is so damn good and works so well, so no wonder here.
Being first person only helps too. I'm just scared for the after launch support, they need to add weapons, maps and weather system to it too and constantly keep it fresh like Fortnite, and not sure if this has been thing with earlier CoD games.
They have a working Time of Day system ready to add if performance holds up

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
4 days isn't really a trend. Also, from the accounts in this thread, it looks like several hundred thousand accounts were recently banned.

edit: edited my post because I don't really have any evidence that the article writer was acting in bad faith.

Last edited: