feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Awoken Ma Chao seems like a no brainer. Great active, extremely useful lead swap option (stats + shield on matching) and overall decently strong.
Cool, just got this guy from one of my free July rolls.

The only downside is things with a higher teir evo. For example Kaguya-Hime in her first evo form can be exchanged for a medium light stone, in her last evo she's her own evo stone. There was a list on reddit showing which drops you could safely convert as well as the most efficient stone farms when it came to JP. I'm hoping it gets reposted so I can find it again.
Interesting, I'll hold off exchanging my stuff until I find that chart.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a quick run down on the + Bank. (some names may be off since I can't get to my phone right now.)
You have 2 options, add to plus bank or take from plus bank
To Add:
1) run a dungeon and instead on monsters with +'s dropping it'll go directly into your bank
OR
2) Sell an existing monster with +'s on it.
These plusses are stored in the plus bank and don't care about HP/ATK/RCV

To use the pluses
Click "Monster Enhancement" on the Monster menu
Click Enhance Monster (you'll see your plus bank here)
Select the monster to be enhanced
From there you can add +'s to HP, ATK, and/or RCV by 1's or 10's (or max straight to 99's). Confirm the selections and you're all set.

There's a lot more detail (including using tamas, latents, and super snowglobes/awakenings) but this is a quick run down.

EDIT: red13th & feline fury
Here's the guide I was thinking about.

Last edited:

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I earned about 80ish boxspace, but then I purged my mailbox so I'm around 40 spaces or so. I have 16k +, and 19 SDR; I'm a bit of a horder.

My mail now consists exclusively of py, snow globes, and pal points. The new evo system seems to make some earlier evos much easier (like the Chinese Celestials), but it doesn't seem to help any of the more obnoxious ones too much.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I earned about 80ish boxspace, but then I purged my mailbox so I'm around 40 spaces or so. I have 16k +, and 19 SDR; I'm a bit of a horder.

My mail now consists exclusively of py, snow globes, and pal points. The new evo system seems to make some earlier evos much easier (like the Chinese Celestials), but it doesn't seem to help any of the more obnoxious ones too much.
Yeah I think the point was more about making it easier to stockpile evo materials and making awoken forms easier to obtain than it was about easing the restrictions on the high end stuff (Machine evos especially)

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Sold all my + mules and I'm sitting on 28k in the bank now. I still need to exchange a bunch of hoarded descend drops. After that my total gained box space will be over 400.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
So it's basically stacking for monsters that you don't use. Will help with some box space, but I guess I still need to make the reincarnated kamui.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks.

I was wondering how you fill up your ± account/bank ....guess I just have to sell those plus units ?
Currently the only way to add plusses to the bank is selling monsters with plusses on them or get them from running a dungeon. In JP they've started just giving out plusses in the mail too.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
This Monster Enhancement menu is scaaaaaaaring me!!!! BLADELAW HOLD ME!!!!

Actually this seems kinda neat but unnecessary? Maybe it's just me and how much I rely on PADherder/PADx when leveling up my cards but this don't seem that useful to me. I'm confused about the +enhance option tho... Where is it pulling these +'s from? It says I have +33 available, but idk from where?

EDIT: Never mind I just read the thread I guess I need to sell all my plus mules! Does every + I sell become a universal + with no specific stat then? This is huge I have SO many mixed/shitty +'s

ED2: So do I just sell ALL my +297s too? I have DOZENS of them! Am I going to have thousands of +'s banked???

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Supposedly the Persona dungeon was updated into PadX. The time might be coming. I'm excited about the collab, but I'm not sure what I really need from it. Joker (Ren) is probably the coolest thing in the collab, as he is better at being odindra than odindra is, but I'm not sure how necessary he is. I could probably trade for him without too much trouble, but I'm a little worried about missing out on something more useful later on. In particular, with Jhoira being inheritable, how necessary is Joker now? He's certainly still very good, and I think his active is better than Odindra/Jhoira, but...is is 4 GFEs worth of better? Less sure on that.

P4 protag (Yu) seems like a better Mega Odin, largely due to the ability to take any killer latents. On the other hand, what I really want is more dragonkiller-capable VDPs in colors other than light, as Yusuke fills that role pretty well. Still, P4 was a magical game. Probably not going to trade for him though.

P3 protag (Makoto) is probably the best leader in the collab, but he doesn't seem too much better than Rikuu. Sure, he has actual stats and awakenings, but he doesn't give you much greater survivability and you have to make six combos for the RCV bonus, meaning he stalls less easily. Not saying he sucks, but he isn't too impressive.

Finally, Elizabeth is a confusing card as she appears like a bag of ideas rather than a consistent unit. Inheritable full heal and unbind is useful, so is void color absorb, but I can't help but feel it is an active I would rarely use for either role as other options come with better advantages. The non-SA cloud resist is rare and useful, but not strictly necessary, and her focus on L-unlocks makes me feel as though it would be tricky to actually use her on a team. Finally, she is probably the most L-unlock friendly lead they've made, but I'm not sure it would be worth the trouble. 2.25/182.25/2.25 does not suck, but it might be hard to find subs that benefit from the style and you need quite a few orbs to make it happen. On top of all of that, her weird active doesn't help her with her leaderskill at all.

The 5* are all rather meh, consistent with prior collabs. Teddie's crazy shield is probably the most interesting thing there, but I could see narrow uses for some of the other ones.

I will say that, for a farmable, the twins are pretty interesting and I think we can trade for Morgana with dungeon drops, even if she is a very strange card. The skill equip cards may have some use too, so the collab will be fun at any rate.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Uhh hey fam, on PADx website did they remove the section that shows what evolutions a monster is used in??? That was like the most helpful part of the page for me. Like you could look at a descend boss and see what evos it was used in. I don't see that anymore, pls halp!

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Uhh hey fam, on PADx website did they remove the section that shows what evolutions a monster is used in??? That was like the most helpful part of the page for me. Like you could look at a descend boss and see what evos it was used in. I don't see that anymore, pls halp!
I'm guessing they're reworking it due to the whole new Evo Stone thing. That said I just checked the page for Dragon Fruit and the "Material of..." and Material for..." sections are still there on padx.

EDIT:
So Persona...I'm looking at the 5*'s to see relative value for rolling beyond fan service so really I'm checking unique actives or niche subs.
6*'s are all good.
- Joker is on par with Odin Dragon and fits on teams he doesn't (devils for example) while providing additional utility via 2 7c and FUA.
- P3 MC is a decent lead but where I think he'll shine is as an inherit base. At 13 cooldown with skill charge awakening he's the easiest to charge up long inherits and the base Raijin active + nuke helps facilitate a board. I'd play with him on Rag Dragon or any other team that can make use of rainbow machines.
- P4 MC Has one thing on Yusuke, by being god typed he fits on teams Yusuke doesn't. Specifically Rushana for me but there's other God Type restricted teams that can make use of him. Also since all his damage is tied to his VDP awakening you don't have to worry about hitting 7c to maximize damage. Just load him with killers and go to town.

The 5*'s are very meh...
Aigis - an answer to Dmeta tama and a slow way to clear tamas, tans, and predras.
Goro Akechi - 5% true gravity might be useful in getting around some resolves but most things with Damage Void resist even that small amount. the orb convert isn't unique, being available in better places like Wukong.
Makoto - Decent way to clear trash especially if you're on a team paired with Jhoira. Not a very interesting active but certainly practical. Can possibly be used to dodge puppet color absorb too.
Mitsuru Kirijo - Heart skyfall actives aren't super common so there's use there. She's also a Devil killer that can take devil killer latents making her a reasonable sub for a Mito/Shazel when the circumstances call for it.
Teddy - 9 Turn 25% shield on 11 cooldown is something. Kinda like the old Baggi in JP. It has uses in providing either some protection to high HP no shield teams and for an extra layer of protection for leads like Kami, Ed, and Yog. Not useless but there are better REM options.

Farmables:
Justine & Caroline - makes a guaranteed 9c board. Team HP + RCV, Multiboost, and 2 blind resist mean she can fill a utility slot on rainbow teams too. Put Narga Equip on her for full blind resist and go to town. Really good pick up, everyone should try to make one.
Skill Card Dia - not a terribly useful skill or equip unless you need 20 true damage badly and auto heals.
Skill Card Bufu - Board garbage to water is useful in lot of places. The full locked board is an answer to roulettes too. Worth making for the uniqueness alone.
Skill Card Agidyne - Strong jammer skyfall and +combo means Fenrir IMO. the blind + poison resist is nice but only 1 of each makes it tough to slot in a more generalized team. Still might be worth it to fill a poison/blind resist gap.
King Frost Cape - Dark Damage Void + two turns of full heal. That sounds really useful IMO. I'd make one. With enough of these you can also make a full water resist team in the vein on Kiri or Minerva cheese except you can use any lead you want. You'll still need sub support for the color change active and additional water resist awakenings though. Absolutely worth making. Probably worth making a set of 5.

Last edited:

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing they're reworking it due to the whole new Evo Stone thing. That said I just checked the page for Dragon Fruit and the "Material of..." and Material for..." sections are still there on padx.

EDIT:
So Persona...I'm looking at the 5*'s to see relative value for rolling beyond fan service so really I'm checking unique actives or niche subs.
6*'s are all good.
- Joker is on par with Odin Dragon and fits on teams he doesn't (devils for example) while providing additional utility via 2 7c and FUA.
- P3 MC is a decent lead but where I think he'll shine is as an inherit base. At 13 cooldown with skill charge awakening he's the easiest to charge up long inherits and the base Raijin active + nuke helps facilitate a board. I'd play with him on Rag Dragon or any other team that can make use of rainbow machines.
- P4 MC Has one thing on Yusuke, by being god typed he fits on teams Yusuke doesn't. Specifically Rushana for me but there's other God Type restricted teams that can make use of him. Also since all his damage is tied to his VDP awakening you don't have to worry about hitting 7c to maximize damage. Just load him with killers and go to town.

The 5*'s are very meh...
Aigis - an answer to Dmeta tama and a slow way to clear tamas, tans, and predras.
Goro Akechi - 5% true gravity might be useful in getting around some resolves but most things with Damage Void resist even that small amount. the orb convert isn't unique, being available in better places like Wukong.
Makoto - Decent way to clear trash especially if you're on a team paired with Jhoira. Not a very interesting active but certainly practical. Can possibly be used to dodge puppet color absorb too.
Mitsuru Kirijo - Heart skyfall actives aren't super common so there's use there. She's also a Devil killer that can take devil killer latents making her a reasonable sub for a Mito/Shazel when the circumstances call for it.
Teddy - 9 Turn 25% shield on 11 cooldown is something. Kinda like the old Baggi in JP. It has uses in providing either some protection to high HP no shield teams and for an extra layer of protection for leads like Kami, Ed, and Yog. Not useless but there are better REM options.

Farmables:
Justine & Caroline - makes a guaranteed 9c board. Team HP + RCV, Multiboost, and 2 blind resist mean she can fill a utility slot on rainbow teams too. Put Narga Equip on her for full blind resist and go to town. Really good pick up, everyone should try to make one.
Skill Card Dia - not a terribly useful skill or equip unless you need 20 true damage badly and auto heals.
Skill Card Bufu - Board garbage to water is useful in lot of places. The full locked board is an answer to roulettes too. Worth making for the uniqueness alone.
Skill Card Agidyne - Strong jammer skyfall and +combo means Fenrir IMO. the blind + poison resist is nice but only 1 of each makes it tough to slot in a more generalized team. Still might be worth it to fill a poison/blind resist gap.
King Frost Cape - Dark Damage Void + two turns of full heal. That sounds really useful IMO. I'd make one. With enough of these you can also make a full water resist team in the vein on Kiri or Minerva cheese except you can use any lead you want. You'll still need sub support for the color change active and additional water resist awakenings though. Absolutely worth making. Probably worth making a set of 5.

To be clear, I don't think it is a bad collab in any way, I just wish something felt a bit more necessary. I'd really like a Joker, and will consider trading for him, but all of the other 6* seem to fall in the category of "nice, but I'm not sure where I'll use it." Elizabeth is just a strange card no matter how you slice it. Honestly, the farmable stuff is really nice for this collab.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
To be clear, I don't think it is a bad collab in any way, I just wish something felt a bit more necessary. I'd really like a Joker, and will consider trading for him, but all of the other 6* seem to fall in the category of "nice, but I'm not sure where I'll use it." Elizabeth is just a strange card no matter how you slice it. Honestly, the farmable stuff is really nice for this collab.
I guess the nice thing about this collab is that nothing feels "required" in the Yusuke/Diablos sense so in theory you can save stones. I'll probably throw a pack at t but I don't feel lie I need to get the whole set or anything.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I love the plus bank. It was so easy and fast to go through and finish a bunch of random cards that were missing a few here and there.

Also, thanks blade, that 3p serket has been great. Started with yusuke, but ameno ended up much faster and easier.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit....
Only have enough for 4-5 pulls but ill hope for the best.

Any standout units ?
Currently the only way to add plusses to the bank is selling monsters with plusses on them or get them from running a dungeon. In JP they've started just giving out plusses in the mail too.
Honestly im just happy that we finally have the bank feature....great QoL update thats gonna save us a lot of time and box space.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Going to resist and save up for the super gfe, we still expecting that end of the month?

Honestly im just happy that we finally have the bank feature....great QoL update thats gonna save us a lot of time and box space.

I was honestly just selling +1 drops for a long time, couldn't be bothered to create a mule and merge, so this'll be really nice for me.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I'm debating trying to make a Vraska cheese team on my alt. With the water defense dragon and using those king frost capes on the team. I have enough to buy the green puppeteer as well.

Haven't done the math/investigation on it yet, but in my head it seems strong. I could run water resist latents if needed as well. I'll figure out if it's viable another day.

Edit: https://pad.protic.site/blog/meme-team-explained-king-frost-cloak

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm debating trying to make a Vraska cheese team on my alt. With the water defense dragon and using those king frost capes on the team. I have enough to buy the green puppeteer as well.

Haven't done the math/investigation on it yet, but in my head it seems strong. I could run water resist latents if needed as well. I'll figure out if it's viable another day.

Edit: https://pad.protic.site/blog/meme-team-explained-king-frost-cloak
If you're patient you can wait for the ranking that has her as a reward to save the mp.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Do you know in the ballpark when that one is coming.

Also ranking is hard on my alt due to having an older tablet that doesn't allow me to combo really fast.
They way they dole out ranking quests in NA seems almost random but since we got the Xin Hua one I imagine we'll get it. I assume 2 months but worst case you can just get the MP together and only buy her when you need her services if the ranking hasn't come out yet.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saved up 40 stones and got all the P3 diamonds but no Ren T_T

Man, I hope Elizabeth gets a buff next collab she's awful.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Pulled way too much, got a Yu (persona 4 protagonist) and a bunch of golds.

I guess that P5 protagonist is the real chase card though right?

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Well, remind me not to complain during the supergodfest.

I had decided I was just going to roll what I had for Persona, as I had things I wanted, but nothing I needed. I adored P4 and enjoyed P5 (P3 was overrated), so I just kind of wanted some of the cards. I had seven rolls saved up, plus the free roll and the $1 roll.

Out of nine rolls I got two Ren, one Yu, and one Makoto. Really stupid. Anyway, I guess I should make a Makoto team now. Since this comes on the back of doing really well with MTG (Three 6* I wanted in about 20 rolls), I should just probably quit for the rest of the year.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Alt pulled 5 times main pulled 7 times
Alt: Makoto (p5), Teddy x2, Goro, Elizabeth
Main: Makoto (p5) x3, Yosuke x2, Goro, Elizabeth

Saved up 40 stones and got all the P3 diamonds but no Ren T_T

Man, I hope Elizabeth gets a buff next collab she's awful.

On the topic of Elizabeth...I don't think she's all that bad. As a lead anyway. As a sub she has niche use at best.
Her combined multiplier is pretty ok for a tanky team at 1.5*1.5*3*3*2*2 = 81x
Where I think she stumbles in end game is her lack of a strong pixel option. P4mc solves that problem but makes activation tricky. Both pixel Seph and Pixel Cecil lack the ability to take dragon killers and only PxSeph can take god killers meaning in A3 you'd need a significant burst to do real damage against Noah Dragon (the rest aren't nearly as rough). Dark has plenty of good burst options in Deina, Leona, Ichigo, Ulquiorra, and an appropriate Gemstone Princess (Carat probably the best) so you're not SOL there. In A4 I don't know how to best utilize her. You'd have to damage control pretty cleanly to kill the Number Callers but it's definitely doable. By requiring only 5 orbs you can focus on 7c or rows for damage (rows in 2018 LOL I know...) but I still think it's a viable option.

I'm playing with a 7c focused team at the moment since main and alt pulled her and I'm actually pretty happy with the team. Unbindable leads that double as clerics mean you don't need to focus too hard on RCV. Nees is an incredible HP stick. She can punch under sopdet and Vishnu pretty cleanly too barring god killers. The biggest issues are no TE on the leads and the lack of a strong pixel option, otherwise she plays pretty similar to zapan imo.

You need to team build around specific dungeons to get the most out of her which will suck if you don't have the right cards in your box so she's not as universal as Yusuke or other top tier leads but I think she's really strong.

EDIT: fixed her damage numbers to reflect reality.

Last edited:

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
On the topic of Elizabeth...I don't think she's all that bad. As a lead anyway. As a sub she has niche use at best.
Her combined multiplier is pretty significant at 1.5*1.5*3*3*4*4 = 324x
Where I think she stumbles in end game is her lack of a strong pixel option. P4mc solves that problem but makes activation tricky. Both pixel Seph and Pixel Cecil lack the ability to take dragon killers and only PxSeph can take god killers meaning in A3 you'd need a significant burst to do real damage against Noah Dragon (the rest aren't nearly as rough). Dark has plenty of good burst options in Deina, Leona, Ichigo, Ulquiorra, and an appropriate Gemstone Princess (Carat probably the best) so you're not SOL there. In A4 I don't know how to best utilize her. You'd have to damage control pretty cleanly to kill the Number Callers but it's definitely doable. By requiring only 5 orbs you can focus on 7c or rows for damage (rows in 2018 LOL I know...) but I still think it's a viable option.

So, and I'm still not sure why, but I got her multiplier wrong earlier as well, but she's actually 2.25/81/2.25. I genuinely thought it was higher too. Something about the way it is phrased on the card is confusing. Earlier, I think I counted it as 6x2.25x2.25, instead of 6x2.25.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Two Teddies on my main and a Yuki with my alt. That active seems interesting for my Blonia team, basically a push button 300k attack and an unlock board changer.

Going to keep stockpiling stones for the Super GFE though, back up to the 70s with both my alt and main. My alt desperately needs its box filled out, my recent GFE pulls have been disappointing and I don't have anything cohesive yet but I do have a few solid leads.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
So, and I'm still not sure why, but I got her multiplier wrong earlier as well, but she's actually 2.25/81/2.25. I genuinely thought it was higher too. Something about the way it is phrased on the card is confusing. Earlier, I think I counted it as 6x2.25x2.25, instead of 6x2.25.

I fixed the numbers on my post, thanks for the heads up. Not sure how I messed that up.

I stand by the rest though. She's strong enough to clear almost everything but her power is more relative to the subs you have available than the current meta defining leads.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Took Elizabeth on a few runs, she can definitely hold her own. Won't be able to beat the hardest dungeons without making very specific builds I think.

A fun change of pace. Thankfully blade had her up, it was the only one on my friend's list lol.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing around with teams for Elizabeth. Her weaknesses are a lack of TE, orb hunger, and no real sub synergy with L-unlock. To address the TE problem Dark has a few options. Revo Yomi is the quintessential TE stick and they work fine here but will be on the low side of the damage contributions. Other options might require some out of the box thinking.

So her leaderskill specifies Dark Att cards get her base 1.5x. This means you can use subs with a dark sub attribute and still benefit from the leader skill. The downside is in order to do damage now you need to split your matches a little cleaner while also having 5 dark orbs on the board. Romia is pretty good at facilitating this while providing a bunch of TE.

Here's a couple team ideas from my box:
All Dark
Elizabeth, Joker, Allatu, Uranus, Nees: this team has 8 seconds base move time (10 with badge) and focuses heavily on 7c for damage. 7c + a 5 match isn't the easiest thing for me to do in 8 seconds so I use the TE badge. The advantage on this team is the RCV is enough to sustain stalling and the HP level is around 85-90k depending on inherits and Super Awakenings. Nees is the flex slot and you can swap in pretty much anything to fill the gap. Allatu could be Revo Haku, or any other decent dark board changer, Uranus could be any hard hitter (nohime especially), Joker could be awoken Lu Bu, Cotton, or any dark friendly FUA.

"Green" Focused
Elizabeth, Vraska, Romia, Romia, Gronia: you get some L synergy here but obviously it's extremely whale. Gronia could be Ishida Mitsunari (awoken ideally), Vraska could be any dark friendly FUA, Romia is tough to swap out admittedly since she solves a bunch of Liz's problems (TE, damage, board change). Rag Dragon is an option but since there's no guarantee you get 5 darks from the board change it's tougher to recommend.

"Blue"
Elizabeth, FUA Ryune, Aizen, Revo Amon, Blonia: Less flexible than the green version. Aizen is only reasonably replaceable by Mut IMO and probably not worth the price of admission. Amon is pretty strong here but really you're going to be relying on dark or blue L's and 7c to maximize damage depending on the board and the enemy.

Multiplayer: The Dark team but replace Nees with Awoken Vajrabhairava. If you're really going for it inherit Gan Jiang & Mo Ye's equip form on him too for 3x multiboost stupidity. His stats go from 4795 / 2435 / 445 to 16183 / 8096 / 1479. He effectively has a permanent triple prong with an optional fourth with a 7c, he has a useful base active and his inherit fixes a Paolumu/Ryune/Blue Ney board.

I'm going to try the multiboost team in 3p Persona tonight. I need to farm up some Tamas and XP for him first though.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I think I understand what they're doing with this gem bullshit but it just seems like another layer of work. I'm basically farming all the same crap to do high end evos (RagDrag... someday...) I just need to turn it into a gem before fusion. I guess it's nice that all these decend bosses can be turned into stackable gems instead of clogging up the box, but I don't typically horde these anyways so it's not like I'll save much space from it the way I did with regular evo mats... I'm I missing some major was this could be considered quality of life, or some other point behind all this stuff other than it just being an added complication?