• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
I think I understand what they're doing with this gem bullshit but it just seems like another layer of work. I'm basically farming all the same crap to do high end evos (RagDrag... someday...) I just need to turn it into a gem before fusion. I guess it's nice that all these decend bosses can be turned into stackable gems instead of clogging up the box, but I don't typically horde these anyways so it's not like I'll save much space from it the way I did with regular evo mats... I'm I missing some major was this could be considered quality of life, or some other point behind all this stuff other than it just being an added complication?

Another benefit is that instead of needing a specific descend drop for an evolution it's been replaced with a large gem stone that can be obtained from a number of different drops. So for some evolutions you don't need specific mats and now some are the general stones that you can get from multiple sources. But for the specific "rare" gems it's not as convenient.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
So Moby Dick was announced as the next descend. It's a 4 second fixed move time dungeon so that should be fun. I'm probably going to run a Machine Goemon farm build because I just want the drops for Panera.

If you're looking for videos 白鯨 降臨!works as a search term.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I think I understand what they're doing with this gem bullshit but it just seems like another layer of work. I'm basically farming all the same crap to do high end evos (RagDrag... someday...) I just need to turn it into a gem before fusion. I guess it's nice that all these decend bosses can be turned into stackable gems instead of clogging up the box, but I don't typically horde these anyways so it's not like I'll save much space from it the way I did with regular evo mats... I'm I missing some major was this could be considered quality of life, or some other point behind all this stuff other than it just being an added complication?

Another benefit is that instead of needing a specific descend drop for an evolution it's been replaced with a large gem stone that can be obtained from a number of different drops. So for some evolutions you don't need specific mats and now some are the general stones that you can get from multiple sources. But for the specific "rare" gems it's not as convenient.

Yeah, I think it is another good example of GH having their heart in the right place (make evos easier, save boxspace), but then designing systems that make no sense to human beings. I really like the change to the non-specific gems. It tends to mean less worrying about old descends and it allows you to convert junk you just get from dungeons into something stackable and useful. It also makes some awoken evos less of a pain, like the Chinese Celestials or Samurai 2. However, the unique evo stone system is just...unnecessary. I never really banked evo'd descended bosses; usually I just made and used them as I needed them. The current system does nothing for that, unless you have multiples of a descended boss that you just happened to have in an evolved form, which you can now stack. The only time this made a difference for me is that I can now stack Radar 1 dragons. It also sucks that converting something to a gem removes plusses, given how they used to drop with a lot of plusses sometimes. I guess it isn't much of a problem with anything you get now, but it still isn't great.

So Moby Dick was announced as the next descend. It's a 4 second fixed move time dungeon so that should be fun. I'm probably going to run a Machine Goemon farm build because I just want the drops for Panera.

4 seconds is really restrictive. I guess I'll try Kami? I don't know, I can't combo fast enough for my other teams to really work, and you need substantial damage for the last floor.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah and the boss has I think a 7 combo shield, then a 4 combo shield, and needs a follow up attack. Also big clouds, so cloud resist is a must.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah and the boss has I think a 7 combo shield, then a 4 combo shield, and needs a follow up attack. Also big clouds, so cloud resist is a must.

4 seconds with a 7 combo shield...cmon. Does a Fujin type work for that?

I'm not even sure what team I'll run, all my teams are 7-combo focused. Maybe I'll just try and brute force Blonia and hope I get good board changes for the boss. I can 9 combo a Blonia board pretty quickly. Does it block an active like Yomi's?

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
The change the world actives work. And as long as you have enough hp to tank his 1st hit, the shield drops from 7 to 4 which is manageable. Again, cloud resist a must.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
The change the world actives work. And as long as you have enough hp to tank his 1st hit, the shield drops from 7 to 4 which is manageable. Again, cloud resist a must.

That should be relatively easy then, I'll just throw Yomi on Sarasvati and stall for a bit. Have 3 blonia's for board changes to have a few shots at combos.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I have Elizabeth from persona and anubis super awakening. I probably have other cards that can get it with a super awakening, but I'm too lazy to check right now.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Oh does her reincarnated form active not work here?

Btw, multiplayer arena giving 750k exp per run right now is sweet, but a bit of a pain with a lot of people looking for free rides.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oh does her reincarnated form active not work here?

Btw, multiplayer arena giving 750k exp per run right now is sweet, but a bit of a pain with a lot of people looking for free rides.
Fixed move time means TE awakenings, TE actives (like Revo Yomi's, Diao Chan's, and Tardis) don't work. The only way to get more move time is using something like unawoken Yomi's "Change The World" which lets you move orbs independently for some amount of time (Myr is 7 seconds, Yomi is 10).

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017

This is why I don't play high level content in this game. It's really irritating. In the other mobile game I play on the reg, FFBE, When I play for a long time and build up a box full of whoop ass, high level content is a challenge but I have all the tools I need to succeed in it. In this game I could spend a zillion dollars and still fucking suck at all the gibberish mechanics

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017

Can't wait for my Yog team to crush it.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
This is why I don't play high level content in this game. It's really irritating. In the other mobile game I play on the reg, FFBE, When I play for a long time and build up a box full of whoop ass, high level content is a challenge but I have all the tools I need to succeed in it. In this game I could spend a zillion dollars and still fucking suck at all the gibberish mechanics

To be fair these haven't been that hard. They aren't annihilation level or hexazeon mythical level silly. I beat Big Foot with a Dragon team (meant for devil enhanced) and Manticore wasn't tough. The mechanics sound rough on paper but several team options should be able to get through at least Mythical without issue. Tank the large attack with a void damage or shield and a 5 combo isn't hard even with a cloud.

The alternative is another game I play like FE Heroes where the end game content they release is a laughing stock and there is no longer any reason to keep playing the game, there's no more challenge anywhere to be found.

Side question: what's the point of Moby Dick having two FUA awakenings?

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Side question: what's the point of Moby Dick having two FUA awakenings?
For those moments where you think you tripped their resolve but they actually have 2-4 HP?

Real answer, those do buff his personal damage by 2x each, so he's doing 4x with a box of hearts before leaderskill.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Zapan destroyed Moby Dick. 5 blues kills most floors. Need to pop an active to kill phoenix. Save hearts on the side for FUA on ilsix. I stalled out unicorns absorb but a delay or fujin works too. On moby, eat the first hit, pop a board and kill.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I've failed twice at it. Went in with a ZV team, but failed to one-shot a floor and bad things happened. Then, I tried Gronia, but ended up getting stuck on the unicorn rider, as I kept skyfalling over his absorb, and then when he finally dropped his absorb, he was red with a 75% shield, meaning I dealt no damage to him. I wasn't clearing the board efficiently either, so I eventually just ran out of orbs to shield and heal.

Never made Zapan.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I cleared first difficulty with Elizabeth pretty easily, was unable to try her on the next one because no one had her up.

Ended up using an ameno team, took 2 tries.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone want to help me clear ZAPAN in multiplayer? I have Anubis, Blonia, Yu (Persona 4 protagonist), Kami.

because apparently Zapan is the way to hunt the great white whale...

EDIT: Blonia did it, Just had to play better on Ilzyx. and for the first time in a year I actually used Yomidra (with cloud super awakening)

Last edited:

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Gsonia and Yog clears. I got lucky with the yog clear, because yellow and hearts were plenitiful on the absorb. Otherwise I wouldn't of been able to stall. Yog team was cotton, momoji, and Yuna too.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Wish I hadn't missed Zapan, he seems cool.

I cleared Moby with Enra. Tsubaki on team means 2 fire matches brings Ilsix into Frenzy zone so you can bring jammers into next floor and avoid the damage absorb. The team I actually used was pretty jank and had to stall a bunch on last floor because I didn't bring enough heal actives but I bet she could breeze through it with the right subs.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Was hard on my alt, couldn't do it with ed. Ended up using vjraska with jin for cloud resist. Hardest one took me 3 tries just because stalling on the damage shield was rough. Had to change up a few subs for rcv.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Was hard on my alt, couldn't do it with ed. Ended up using vjraska with jin for cloud resist. Hardest one took me 3 tries just because stalling on the damage shield was rough. Had to change up a few subs for rcv.
This is what I did. I focused on shield and heals. The dungeon isn't a high damage one.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I did the 3p moby dick dungeons for the stone. Do not recommend. I leveled up and it's late, so I thought good waste of stamina before bed... not 1 person other than me ever brought a cloud resist and only a few even brought fua.

Very frustrating. Took me 3 tries on easy and 2 on hard. Luckily I got one other good player on each win, but that's a lot of stamina for a stone.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I take it all back, Moby Dick is so ridiculous with all the FUA, damage absorprtion, clouds and time limit.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I pulled a second Yu, so now I am looking at trading for one of the other 6* persona cards.

Is Makoto or Ren? and it really comes down to I have to sacrifice Skuld, Kanna or Dkali for Makoto, and Skuld, Paimon, or Gremory for Ren [the other three would be Yu, Red Odin, and Dantalion (Ren)/ Ilm (Makoto)]

I really don't know, but I don't use any of those anymore (and never used Dantalion or Skuld). Dkali, Gremory and Skuld are all at +297.

Right now I am leaning towards Ren and sacrificing Gremory, but I am open for a better recommendation.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I spent some time on Moby Dick working on getting my alt the stones for the normal and 3p dungeon. Here's some things that might improve your success rate:
Team: something with simple activation requirements like green Sonia, Light/Dark indian 3, most row leads, etc. ~50k HP and the RCV to heal are also extremely helpful. FUA is also a good idea for Dick and Ilsix. Cloud resist is nice to have but not required. Tricolor or bicolor boards with hearts is huge for Ilsix and Dick if you have FUA on the team.
FL1: Just kill. If you have more than 48k hp and the RCV to heal it back then you can stall here forever.
FL2: Standard Phoenix fight with more HP. It'll eat blue orbs every turn unless you knock it under 1/2 so plan accordingly.
FL3: Divinegon absorbs dark for 3 turns but aside from binds it's not that scary.
FL4: standard lits. They hit hard and have more HP than usual so you can just poke them down depending on your counter.
FL5: Ilsix sucks. Ilsix sucks even more if you need to match a lot to deal damage. Pairing with the light/dark indian 3 can be useful if you can't FUA + activate in time.
FL6: Unicorn rider can be stalled out pretty reliably if you can make hearts on demand. If you can damage control Vishnu you can probably do it here too and take her out. Otherwise a Fujin of course gets the job done.
FL7: Moby Dick will dump clouds on you. Don't expect to break his turn one combo check. Tank the hit and deal with the much more manageable 5c shield. If you brought a tricolor board pop here, look for a FUA, match and hope things worked out. Green Sonia into mel/heart box works too.

I've found the sonias, Vraska, and Tardis work pretty well in the dungeon. Shazel provides devil killing for the boss floor as well as a useful active too.

EDIT:
I pulled a second Yu, so now I am looking at trading for one of the other 6* persona cards.

Is Makoto or Ren? and it really comes down to I have to sacrifice Skuld, Kanna or Dkali for Makoto, and Skuld, Paimon, or Gremory for Ren [the other three would be Yu, Red Odin, and Dantalion (Ren)/ Ilm (Makoto)]

I really don't know, but I don't use any of those anymore (and never used Dantalion or Skuld). Dkali, Gremory and Skuld are all at +297.

Right now I am leaning towards Ren and sacrificing Gremory, but I am open for a better recommendation.
Caveat: I can't recommend giving up your only copy of a 6* GFE due to the random buffs Gung Ho periodically grants. That said if one of the cards you'd trade for would be a significant upgrade to your box it can be worth it at least in the short term so in the end the choice is yours.

Here's what you're considering getting:
Ren: Dark Odin Dragon with FUA that hits harder with a slightly less useful active (only slightly IMO). Worth it if you run a lot of dark teams that can't fit Odin Dragon on them and you need strong dark FUA. Dark Cotton with Jhoira equip accomplishes much the same and arguably fits on more teams too. Not irreplaceable but very nice to have. If you missed Jhoira it might be worth it just to have an inheritable Odin Dragon style active but that makes this a luxury trade IMO.

Makoto Yuki: sidegrade to Rikuu. No typing requirement means it's easier to teambuild but color requirement and combo requirements for the RCV and shield component of his LS mean you have to work harder and can get color screwed. Very few usable non-rainbow board changes too. Worth it if you can't field a Rikuu team (though you can clear up to A2 with a fully farmable rikuu team, probably A3 and 4 but I haven't done the tests yet). Side benefit is being the lowest cooldown card with the skill charge awakening means he's a potential holder for all kinds of actives on a rainbow team in long dungeons.

Between the two I'd pick the one you'd use most often. For me it's Joker since it frees me up to swap my dark cotton to light.

EDIT2: Looks like the OSC for Keela's dungeon (Myr evo mat) is coming on the 20th based on Padx predictions.
Keela's dungeon looks like a shitshow waiting to happen. Basically you'd want to bring a non-light team with Fujin and pixel. You'll have to deal with leader swap and possibly blinds and binds. I won't be skilling her up the hard way like I did Zapan that's for sure. I'll be looking to have 6. 5 for Myr evos and 1 to keep. Why 5 myrs? Why not?

Last edited:

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Here's what you're considering getting:
Ren: Dark Odin Dragon with FUA that hits harder with a slightly less useful active (only slightly IMO). Worth it if you run a lot of dark teams that can't fit Odin Dragon on them and you need strong dark FUA. Dark Cotton with Jhoira equip accomplishes much the same and arguably fits on more teams too. Not irreplaceable but very nice to have. If you missed Jhoira it might be worth it just to have an inheritable Odin Dragon style active but that makes this a luxury trade IMO.

and it is this right here why I am considering Ren, Missed Jhoira during MtG (though I did get Vraska). and I can definitely see the benefits of having inheritable awoken bind clears.

I'm still nervous though, I haven't pulled a good GFE in forever, last one in months was Diaochan. Gotten decently lucky in MtG, but It feels like I have missed all the bets shots at good leaders from the other collabs.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Bladelaw I am super jazzed for myr to return. I really enjoy traditional heartcross leads and I think I'm going to try Alt. Arena with her when we get her. Very excited. Also, I forgot about Tardis. He does seem like he would have been a very solid option for the dungeon. Finally got through it with Gronia, but it sucked. Still have to figure out 3p.

and it is this right here why I am considering Ren, Missed Jhoira during MtG (though I did get Vraska). and I can definitely see the benefits of having inheritable awoken bind clears.

I'm still nervous though, I haven't pulled a good GFE in forever, last one in months was Diaochan. Gotten decently lucky in MtG, but It feels like I have missed all the bets shots at good leaders from the other collabs.

Sounds like you might want a lead then. I feel like Ren is objectively the better card, as he fits a more useful niche (even odindra doesn't have an FUA), BUT, if you want a new lead, you want a new lead. I personally wouldn't bother with Makoto if you have Rikku, UNLESS you have a leaderswap inherit (Rii or Macha) and want to give that a shot. You'll also want a compatible 7x6 lead.

For my part, I have been enjoying him paired with Johira (don't have a leaderswap), but I really hate that his RCV bonus is conditional as it makes it harder to stall. Unlike the Rikuu/Diabolos pairing, you end with more useful actives, but you also end up needing actives somewhat more regularly (R/B/L is apparently a little less common naturally than any five, or at least it has been in my experience). I also bet you can get pixel-able boards more easily with Makoto than Rikku, but I've not tried it yet.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Loving this 3p Nordis. Can use verse since there's no preemptive and get easy +s and mp. Bring a bind clear in case you get one of the floors that binds and a predra solution.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Protic has Keela farming builds available.
A couple of them are full on hard carry teams too so there's a couple things for people to look for.

GF announced for KR territory. It's Riche's first GF. No word on if we're getting the GF though. Unless you're specifically gunning for something (don't do that) in this GF (assuming we get it) I would skip and wait for Super GF. I can't get to the site from work but here's the links from Reddit announcing the OSC and the GF:
https://pad.neocyon.com/M/Notice/View.aspx?id=1509 https://pad.neocyon.com/M/Event/view.aspx?id=933

It's a decent lineup of GFE's full of monsters that tend to be exchange bait. Weight the odds against the JP Super GF odds to determine if it's worth it to you.

Last edited:

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Protic has Keela farming builds available.
A couple of them are full on hard carry teams too so there's a couple things for people to look for.

GF announced for KR territory. It's Riche's first GF. No word on if we're getting the GF though. Unless you're specifically gunning for something (don't do that) in this GF (assuming we get it) I would skip and wait for Super GF. I can't get to the site from work but here's the links from Reddit announcing the OSC and the GF:
https://pad.neocyon.com/M/Notice/View.aspx?id=1509 https://pad.neocyon.com/M/Event/view.aspx?id=933

It's a decent lineup of GFE's full of monsters that tend to be exchange bait. Weight the odds against the JP Super GF odds to determine if it's worth it to you.

It is a bit sad that this is how a lot of the 6* GFE are now. On the one hand, it makes any 6* GFE somewhat desirable. On the other, the desire to actually keep and use 6*s is at an all time low.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Minor rant incoming
spoilered for potential length
So I've been pretty connected to the game for a while now (over 1000 days woo) so I've seen ebbs in flow in the way the game's meta has shifted from tanky teams to glass cannons to some weird combination of what we have now. I expect GungHo to shower the most love to whatever method will make them the most money. Depending on licensing deals that could mean collabs are more profitable since you get whales chasing end game level cards, and guppies hunting for fan favorites. As a result we've shifted from normal REM to 6* REM to Collab REM and now moving into 7* GFE being the top of the heap. I'll contend that the current crop of 6* GFEs are still quite powerful with a handful being game changing but it's clear the power curve has been favoring collabs for a while now, probably since Monster Hunter thanks to Diablos. That said let's take a look at the current 6* GFEs that were in JP's Super GF and see if things are looking bad for them or if we're just spoiled by OP collab prizes.
  • #Rodin - New evo incoming looks to answer some problems. Older evos useful for red row farming and buttoning dungeons
  • Baldin - One of Rikuu's best bursts but overshadowed by Distel and maybe shivan dragon. 5 killer form has some potential utility farming especially since it has two SBR
  • #Dantalion - Red needs a strong lead. Dantalion is almost there but a little too orb hungry and a little too squishy. The active will be good if red ever gets a truly meta lead.
  • Macha - The only reliable 7x6 swap card in the normal REM means she'll have a home for a while.
  • #Blodin - New evo has some uses especially on Zapan as a VDP option but the active change and loss of SBs reduce general utility too. He's a decent lead though.
  • Blonia - If you can field a team for her she's still absurdly strong.
  • Skuld - One of blues best FUA options and makes a great board that combos with a couple other skills.
  • Ryune - Dragon based FUA for blonia while also making her a perfect board.
  • Scheat - Underappreciated IMO. Strong active and the prongs hit much harder than most folks think especially on a lead like Nicol Bolas or Zapan.
  • Amenominakanushi - Stil one of the fastest most consistent A3 clearers. Can probably push harder without too much trouble.
  • Gronia - Stronger than Blonia IMO. Farmable sub pool is also incredibly strong with Rag and Odin Dragons.
  • Kaede - the new premier green farm lead and also just plain strong on her own.
  • #Sylvie - Perfect Rushana inherit but her typing keeps her out of some of her best teams. really hoping she's due for an animated evo. a 6* being an inherit only is kinda sad.
  • Fujin - Still great as a lead or sub IMO.
  • #Ilm - Casino teams are falling out of favor in ranking but the board is still usable on a bunch of teams (Kenshin, Ilmina, Mai, etc).
  • #Kanna - usable on Ney/Cotton teams but really probably the biggest victim of the 7c meta. like Scheat still extremely strong on Nicol Bolas and similar leads though.
  • #Viz - still relevant as a double god killer that can take more god killers but No. 6 is better for that cause in most cases.
  • #Roots - as long as we have rainbow teams the board will be useful but both forms have fallen pretty had as leads.
  • Paimon - Arguably light's best FUA. bindability is the only reason it's debatable IMO. Can't imagine being bummed by this pull.
  • Aten - went from Meme to great in a hurry. as time debuffs become more common a 5 turn board + TE buff is pretty nice. Also guarantees a 7c board for Amen. Both forms are useful too.
  • Raijin - As locks become more of a thing an unlock +dkali will remain useful. Makoto is probably a better sub if you don't care about type or color but Raijin is still useful.
  • Yog - The main Multi farm lead for a reason.
  • Cotton - WIll not go out of style for a while
  • #Dmeta - Usable farm lead but in end game content there's better options that are cheaper to run too. niche sub use at the moment since a baby shield isn't too great.
  • #DKali - The board isn't going out of style but give Azathoth is inheritable she stopped being must have. her double 7c form is interesting but losing dragon type means she doesn't have a home on one of the best leads in the game (Rikuu).
  • #Typhon - sigh....still useful but he's just too much work to get much out of him.
  • Eschamali - The active is useful and both forms have uses but we're a long way away from her being must have since dark has fallen off a cliff in the meta
  • Gremory - like most heart cross leads she's fallen from grace but shes still strong and still has niche use as a bind clear sub that covers D/G
  • Ney - Like cotton but less so. If you need a howitzer bring ney along.
  • Kamimusubi - one of the strongest leads in NA right now but her sub pool is pretty tight for pushing the top tier content.
  • Morrigu - Incredible inherit. I don't see her on teams much though.
Anything marked with # is something I think needs work to justify its rarity these days.
so 11 of 31 I think need some love. some are borderline but are saved by bringing in some specific utility. So about a third of the hardest cards in the game to pull are about as useful as a 5* pantheon card. That's a bummer considering their rarity.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still struggling with the Blonias on that dungeon, even in 2P with dual Blonias, I just can't handle the 4 second move time.

Managed to get hrough 3P on my main when I used Enra so I may try that 1P/2P but ideally my alt would use Zela and my main could use Romia or Tardis so I could do it 2P.

If that's the 6* SGFE list blade then I'm less excited about it than I was. From what my main has see the collabs have been far better at filling out my box, so I agree.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I think that the sgfe is more to collect trade cards for new collab metas lol. But also to get utilities you might lack.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Ended up trading for makoto. I figure i've got an odindra and Kami for dark FUA.

Now no more pulling until a collab or Super godfest

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Bleh, finally beat Moby in 2P on Mythical and got the drop fortunately. Not sure why I'm having so much trouble, its just Moby himself. Not enough burst power to one shot and/or FUA after tanking that initial shot so I have to have a knock down drag out fight where I'm hanging on my a thread as far as health is concerned.

Might just pass on Mythical Plus for now and the stone as the +50 drops and MP are a better use of stamina right now.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I actually stoned stamina for the first time in forever to farm nordis. Just waiting another hour because next one levels me up. Great value.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like KoF is coming back, but for only one day in JP. But then everything got buffed. Mai is now officially on par with the other 7x6s as she can get unbindable SA and is up to 9x. Still only 7c, which makes her my preferred 7x6 lead. Notably, doesn't seem like trading post will be implemented, so actually have to roll for things. Everything else got something, with Uevos getting SAs and better leaderskills and pixels getting more awakenings. Some thoughts:

Kyou is now more reliable, but still a weak lead. If you SA him, he does have the potential to have either 3 7c or a VDP, which pretty cool, however. His pixel can get a second VDP as well, making him a devil killing fool.

Terry is still awkward no matter what you do with him, but he could be an OK beginning lead for someone, if they can find a partner

Ryo is also still really awkward. His pixel AS continues to be rather neat, but that is the most one can say for him.

Leona can SA into a FUA fujin now, which is a rarefied niche. Her pixel version defaults to two VDP and can have an FUA SA

Mai, as mentioned above, gets a significant buff to her leaderskill and relevant SAs, but I can't imagine not taking unbindable. Her pixel does notably get a cloud resist, but I don't think she is a great pixel.

Iori continues to be a complex but powerful lead. Matching four colors and a sparkle gives you a shield and 576x damage. He also notably works as a leaderswap with the skillcharge and a 13CD active. I'm a little surprised he never caught any traction, seems like an OK kit. Pixel gets two skill boosts and can have a second 7c awakening, so he doesn't suck either.

Overall, it is a good group of buffs. I hope we get the machine again, but, I'll admit it is probably foolish to roll for Mai. With her I'd feel pretty good about wanting to equip evo Jhoira.

Minor rant incoming
spoilered for potential length
So I've been pretty connected to the game for a while now (over 1000 days woo) so I've seen ebbs in flow in the way the game's meta has shifted from tanky teams to glass cannons to some weird combination of what we have now. I expect GungHo to shower the most love to whatever method will make them the most money. Depending on licensing deals that could mean collabs are more profitable since you get whales chasing end game level cards, and guppies hunting for fan favorites. As a result we've shifted from normal REM to 6* REM to Collab REM and now moving into 7* GFE being the top of the heap. I'll contend that the current crop of 6* GFEs are still quite powerful with a handful being game changing but it's clear the power curve has been favoring collabs for a while now, probably since Monster Hunter thanks to Diablos. That said let's take a look at the current 6* GFEs that were in JP's Super GF and see if things are looking bad for them or if we're just spoiled by OP collab prizes.
  • #Rodin - New evo incoming looks to answer some problems. Older evos useful for red row farming and buttoning dungeons
  • Baldin - One of Rikuu's best bursts but overshadowed by Distel and maybe shivan dragon. 5 killer form has some potential utility farming especially since it has two SBR
  • #Dantalion - Red needs a strong lead. Dantalion is almost there but a little too orb hungry and a little too squishy. The active will be good if red ever gets a truly meta lead.
  • Macha - The only reliable 7x6 swap card in the normal REM means she'll have a home for a while.
  • #Blodin - New evo has some uses especially on Zapan as a VDP option but the active change and loss of SBs reduce general utility too. He's a decent lead though.
  • Blonia - If you can field a team for her she's still absurdly strong.
  • Skuld - One of blues best FUA options and makes a great board that combos with a couple other skills.
  • Ryune - Dragon based FUA for blonia while also making her a perfect board.
  • Scheat - Underappreciated IMO. Strong active and the prongs hit much harder than most folks think especially on a lead like Nicol Bolas or Zapan.
  • Amenominakanushi - Stil one of the fastest most consistent A3 clearers. Can probably push harder without too much trouble.
  • Gronia - Stronger than Blonia IMO. Farmable sub pool is also incredibly strong with Rag and Odin Dragons.
  • Kaede - the new premier green farm lead and also just plain strong on her own.
  • #Sylvie - Perfect Rushana inherit but her typing keeps her out of some of her best teams. really hoping she's due for an animated evo. a 6* being an inherit only is kinda sad.
  • Fujin - Still great as a lead or sub IMO.
  • #Ilm - Casino teams are falling out of favor in ranking but the board is still usable on a bunch of teams (Kenshin, Ilmina, Mai, etc).
  • #Kanna - usable on Ney/Cotton teams but really probably the biggest victim of the 7c meta. like Scheat still extremely strong on Nicol Bolas and similar leads though.
  • #Viz - still relevant as a double god killer that can take more god killers but No. 6 is better for that cause in most cases.
  • #Roots - as long as we have rainbow teams the board will be useful but both forms have fallen pretty had as leads.
  • Paimon - Arguably light's best FUA. bindability is the only reason it's debatable IMO. Can't imagine being bummed by this pull.
  • Aten - went from Meme to great in a hurry. as time debuffs become more common a 5 turn board + TE buff is pretty nice. Also guarantees a 7c board for Amen. Both forms are useful too.
  • Raijin - As locks become more of a thing an unlock +dkali will remain useful. Makoto is probably a better sub if you don't care about type or color but Raijin is still useful.
  • Yog - The main Multi farm lead for a reason.
  • Cotton - WIll not go out of style for a while
  • #Dmeta - Usable farm lead but in end game content there's better options that are cheaper to run too. niche sub use at the moment since a baby shield isn't too great.
  • #DKali - The board isn't going out of style but give Azathoth is inheritable she stopped being must have. her double 7c form is interesting but losing dragon type means she doesn't have a home on one of the best leads in the game (Rikuu).
  • #Typhon - sigh....still useful but he's just too much work to get much out of him.
  • Eschamali - The active is useful and both forms have uses but we're a long way away from her being must have since dark has fallen off a cliff in the meta
  • Gremory - like most heart cross leads she's fallen from grace but shes still strong and still has niche use as a bind clear sub that covers D/G
  • Ney - Like cotton but less so. If you need a howitzer bring ney along.
  • Kamimusubi - one of the strongest leads in NA right now but her sub pool is pretty tight for pushing the top tier content.
  • Morrigu - Incredible inherit. I don't see her on teams much though.
Anything marked with # is something I think needs work to justify its rarity these days.
so 11 of 31 I think need some love. some are borderline but are saved by bringing in some specific utility. So about a third of the hardest cards in the game to pull are about as useful as a 5* pantheon card. That's a bummer considering their rarity.

I'm also of the mind that a lot of them should just have more utility than they do. Not everything can be a meta lead, but so few of the 6* GFE even pretend to be viable leaders anymore. Those that do something well are often overshadowed by something else. On the other hand, the trading post has added value to rolling any of them, but then, trading four of them means you are giving up a lot of rare rolls for whatever the new hotness is.

I will say, I feel like the game has crested into a good place recently. Access to the trading post makes it less likely that someone will be locked out of the meta or a desired card for too long and there seems to be a pretty good mix of viable leads (just most of them are in collabs). They also keep doing interesting things AND have even shown NA a bit of love by making sure we have a shot at the nuemena despite our lack of PADR access.

Ended up trading for makoto. I figure i've got an odindra and Kami for dark FUA.

Now no more pulling until a collab or Super godfest

I really do think he is an enjoyable lead. My wife just rolled one, so now I have to see if I can somehow strap a team together that she can run with him. She saw it and was "Neat, wait, I have to get 6 combos?".

Bleh, finally beat Moby in 2P on Mythical and got the drop fortunately. Not sure why I'm having so much trouble, its just Moby himself. Not enough burst power to one shot and/or FUA after tanking that initial shot so I have to have a knock down drag out fight where I'm hanging on my a thread as far as health is concerned.

Might just pass on Mythical Plus for now and the stone as the +50 drops and MP are a better use of stamina right now.

Finally beat 3p. I really hate that stage. Remember to save stamina for the OSC tonight.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
GF announced, same one as Korea. Unless you're itching to burn stones I'd hold off until Super GF.

KOF '98 returning is weird, returning for 1 day is weirder, buffing the hell out of every 6* is pretty rad. I didn't get anything good from JP KOF but on NA I got almost everything (no Iori or Terry). I'm curious how Mai will play out in the meta. Kyo is WAAAAAY more viable as a lead now only needing 2 fire combos to cap out his multiplier granted it's still low but red has great subs that are dying for a home. Terry is a 15x lead that requires fire and light for a shield and max multiplier. That's pretty strong in my book. Tsubaki, Ilmina, Kenshin, Saria and more work as strong subs for him too. Ryo still isn't incredible only decent. 4 colors + row to maximize damage isn't the best leaderskill but he is tanky and SB+ could be useful. Leona is a swiss army knife. As a lead she's nothing incredible, as a sub she can solve a lot of problems on her own. She's a burst, fujin, and FUA all in one. Oh and she packs all the relevant killers. If you go the pixel route you get a dark double VDP for extra power. Iori is a beast. No two ways about it. He hits super hard, the difference between him and Ryo is stark. Ryo gets a much smaller multiplier for an extra orb but no sparkle requirement but a stronger shield. Iori just blows everything up. He has enough HP to survive and you can always pack a shield. I could see trouble for him if you don't have colors on the board but otherwise he should blow stuff up real nice.

Another reminder, OSC for Keela's dungeon goes live at 10 EST (EDT? I don't know, 10pm current US East). No clue what radar is on tap so bring a Fujin, Green predra, mythlit, or friend with something like that inherited just in case Hera dragon shows up.

I've been playing a lot of Yu Narkami and I'm kinda loving it. I think he's going to be the next team I farm A4 with. You can build him a bunch of ways too depending on the content you're challenging. Awoken Vajrayaksa and Yog make up the core of my multiplayer team. From there Paimon and Hiko for general purpose stuff or if I don't need FUA or Fujin I just bring more orb makers. It's been a breeze farming Nordis for +50's with it.

Solo I build more for durability focusing on RCV (because of the massive HP pool). My general purpose solo team is Yu (Karn equip), Ideal (Rathian Equip), Ideal (Jhoira equip), Paimon (Apollou), Hiko, (Fujin). Obviously that means to get the most out of my damage I need to row + 7c but, even if I don't, a single 6 orb blob punches under Vishnu but a 7c VDP board hits for a stupid amount. The team in solo has ~189k HP, enough RCV to heal it back, immunity to poison, tape (Ideal SA), and cloud (Jhoira Equip). The only really big issue with the team is paimon is bindable meaning FUA may not always be available. I could swap Paimon for Light Cotton, which I'm working on so while that'll be a hit to HP the extra RCV and damage will be welcome.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Whew, that osc wasn't that bad. I only saved enough stamina for 1 run thinking I'd make it to the end and use a stone or choke and use 1 for stamina.

Then I brought the wrong team with paimon instead of odindra, already have blue cotton for follow up. Yet, I beat it 1st try, no stones! I will never be mad for trading for yusuke. Easy stall floors etc... but I'm beating content that used to be scary for me.

Edit: I still have this and the last 2 osc gift dungeons in my mail, so there's still that.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Took it down first try, only scary part was I was lucky I had a board change up for Hamals poison board. But that meant I only had one Blonia for ZeusDra. Didn't have a Void Damage Absorb or Null Damage shield because so I used them on Rodin and Hamal to stay alive. So just went for it with regular combos and was able to cleanly two shot ZeusDra.

I'm still yet to try any of the OSC reward dungeons and I missed Zapan.

b33r you maybe want to try and get on discord and tackle some of these together this weekend? I can't right now but we could schedule something. Not sure what team types you run but I've got Blonia, Anubis, Enra, Yusuke, and Tardis as my main leads. I could run Yusuke, but I'm not super strong with him and would want do some quick team building first. I wouldn't be shy about throwing a couple stones at stamina, etc if it makes sense.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Can you 2p the gift dungeons? I have enra, jhoira, and of course yusuke leads to pair. I also use ameno often.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Can you 2p the gift dungeons? I have enra, jhoira, and of course yusuke leads to pair. I also use ameno often.

I don't see why not? You available at all Sunday? Would be the better day for me. This way we get two cracks at them anyway if we need to regroup and rethink strategy for a day or two.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Sunday is my busiest day. I suggest bladelaw for a partner as he is a better player and team builder. But I'll definitely try with you if we can work it out. Timezone will be helpful, I'm in est.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yusuke vs Keela would be a problem. She has a 10 turn light absorb and spams the roulette stuff. You'd want to bring something to negate her color absorb BS.
Keela's dungeon is nasty too. Roulettes, clouds, damage absorbs, attribute absorbs. Rough all around

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Getting a hang of Yusuke, spent a bunch of Tamadra and +eggs to get a decent team built up and cleared Floor 9 and Gilles Legato on first tries. He's absurdly powerful but no passive TE leader skill like Sonia makes me have to bring a TE stick along. Still need one more solid sub, running Aten right now which is outclassed by Paimon for my FUA spot.