• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
What I want:
YUi8gUa68TUWgi3SyaNeSux4nJAJhVO4-0dfZo4B2Ew.jpg

What I'll get:
71+PsQQ8E5L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Actually hear me out...

Link's Awakening (the original GB) began life as a port of Link to the Past at once point before becoming it's own game.

And then Link's Awakening was remade for the Switch...so, you get the team of that game to then remake Link to the Past for the Switch?

Of course I feel Link Between Worlds kind of already captured the idea of a modern reimagining of Link to the Past well enough so...

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Next 2D Mario is gonna be crazy, they read the comments about people being fed up with NSMB style.

zaktmt

Jun 12, 2023
Didn't Everbody 1-2 Switch leak over a year ago due to how poorly it was performing in focus tests? Was this leaker the person that reported that? What exactly did he leak about it?

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
I cant wait for Super Mario Bros The Movie: The Game based on the hit movie which was based of a game

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Just when I thought I had put my Switch in the dock for the last time (outside of the odd thing here and there) they have to go and drop this on me.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Likely it'll be that remake of Genealogy. God it feels like I been waiting forever--I'm ready.

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
Please, Super Metroid remake, I want to see the meltdowns and the game having the same feel of the modern games...

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Didn't Everbody 1-2 Switch leak over a year ago due to how poorly it was performing in focus tests? Was this leaker the person that reported that? What exactly did he leak about it?
That the announcement was imminent, he also name dropped the new Samba game before the last direct, name dropped Sonic Superstars before SGF, and the Pokemon Greavard's name. Too many announcements over a 9 month period so it can be the infamous make private account, tweet a bunch of random shit, delete wrong tweets, go public.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
I really wish that 2 was a 3 ;)

A new side scrolling Mario is still exciting. If that means the next 3D Mario is being designed with the next system in mind I'm all for it.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Miyamoto did say in an interview a while ago around the Mario movie's launch to stay tuned to Nintendo Directs when asked about a new Mario game, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that a 2D Mario game could be en route. It's the one mass market seller Nintendo haven't yet pulled out, and it would be a good way to cap off a massively install based Switch.

I really want a new Donkey Kong though. Better be a leap ahead of New Super Mario Bros if true.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
New 2D Mario will be cool, and it can play like NSMB, just for the love of god use a new art style. If they did it in the style of the character illustrations in 3D Land's post cards and 3D World's stamps, that'd be really cool but I'm so tired of the bland 3D models on bland 3D backgrounds (aside from the Van Gogh thing in NSMBU).

Lt. Hannah Stone

Alt-Account
Banned
May 9, 2023
I don't want another NSMB game. But those were among the highest selling games they've put out.

I predict it will be another NSMB game.

zaktmt

Jun 12, 2023
That the announcement was imminent, he also name dropped the new Samba game before the last direct, name dropped Sonic Superstars before SGF, and the Pokemon Greavard's name. Too many announcements over a 9 month period so it can be the infamous make private account, tweet a bunch of random shit, delete wrong tweets, go public.

Okay, thank you. I just try to keep some level of skepticism about leakers. I'll maintain some cautious optimism then.

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think there would be noticeable/loud backlash if the next 2D Mario was in the New style? Obviously people would complain, but I'm talking Federation Force levels of backlash. I feel like it's harder now that YouTube dislikes are hidden by default.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Can the remake of a classic be Zelda.

We can live in a world of both new and old style!

Holmes

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cool. Would be a good time to reveal the TTYD remake too if it truly does exist.

Tab

Nov 23, 2017
Genealogy is heavily rumored so it's the most obvious choice for an "SNES Classic" remake, but he also posted a gif of the fat Yoshi from SMRPG afterwards so it could also be that.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I don't want another NSMB game. But those were among the highest selling games they've put out.

I predict it will be another NSMB game.
NSMBU DX is one of the Switch's 10 best selling games. A late port that removed content from the WiiU version sold over 15 million copies. Only in the gamer(tm) bubble is the NSMB series unpopular.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Are we sure this isn't one of those accounts where someone just tweets a whole bunch of guesses and deletes all the wrong ones to establish a "record"?

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
And with a Mario game coming, 2023 is officially the greatest year in gaming ever.

Congrats to all the other years that came close.