• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seisen no keifu would bring my ass back to fire emblem but they better not touch a damn thing about its story or its characters

Including a certain spoilerific moment that happened to the cast

Sumac

alt account
Banned
Mar 24, 2023
a mario game this holiday it will sell a shitload

multiplayer 2d Mario + Mario movie boost = one trillion sales

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Did they actually call Everybody's 1 2 Switch when it mattered? People have been talking about it for over a year, after all.

Edit: the first tweet didn't load. Getting the actual announcement timing right is pretty good (if it's not one of those "let's delete everything wrong" accounts)
yeah emily had said 1-2 switch sequel was being sat on like a year ago or more.
but getting the exact timing of the announcement is the big notable part

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Are we sure this isn't one of those accounts where someone just tweets a whole bunch of guesses and deletes all the wrong ones to establish a "record"?
No

They got Greavyard's name right back in October 2022
They got the new Samba's games game right before the Feb 23 direct
They got the name of Sonic Superstars correct before SGG this year

They also name dropped Everybody's 1-2 Switch right before Nintendo officially announced the game. Yes it had leaked over a year prior, but the timing of their tweet was shortly before Nintendo's. Too many insane "guesses" to be lucky.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Mario & Wario Remake is a Go.

375px-MnW_cover_art.jpg

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is the "Wonder" part of that tweet a tease at something?
Either Wonder is part of the Mario game's title or the SNES remake is Wonder Project J. Given the super high amount of remakes and remasters Square has been doing lately it seems possible, certainly not likely, but possible.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
remake of an SNES title? Wonder what it could be. Take it there's been no word on whether this remake is of a 1st party Nintendo IP?

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
SNES classic? The possibilities...

Will always hope for Mario RPG.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Anyway, I'm so curious about 2D Mario in a post Mario Maker world.

They need to do something radically different, but I really can't see how. Fortunately, smarter people than me are working on the game.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Waggles

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A good (new) 2d mario?

I'm gonna be so disappointed if it's another nsmb title. Those games suuuuck.

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
I'm indifferent about the 2D Mario and SNES remake (congrats to those happy for it if it happens!), but I really am jonesing for a direct of any kind. Hope it really does happen this week.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
A good (new) 2d mario?

I'm gonna be so disappointed if it's another nsmb title. Those games suuuuck.
As I said earlier, after Super Mario Maker, it would be crazy if they're sticking to NSMB gameplay and aesthetic.

Even though NSMBU + Luigi DLC, from a gameplay point of view, is probably the best Mario game ever. It's a shame it looks so dull, except for some stages.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
Lmao incest wars incoming, if its really that game

Wonder how much weird apologism and/or handwaving we'll get from the terrible shit in it

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Them liking mario rpg tweets is dissapointing. I like the rpgs well enough, but none of them would benefit for a remake. Sad.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why is "wondering" in a different font? What does it meeeeeaaaaannn?