• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
If it's not full on weird in the star wars universe then I don't want it
Go full quantic on it and it'll be good, restrain themselves to being less gritty and it's not worth it

I don't even know what this would be if it were to be a quantic game, only thought that pops into the head is bounty hunter stuff
Just seems too left field for them

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Might be good if done right. Story focused with interesting characters and strong writing.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. A Star Wars game in their style could be cool but the last thing I want is a game made by Quantic Dream considering the workplace allegations, and the fact that David Cage is also a piece of shit.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I better be able to have mind sex using the force with a Twi'lek while simultaneously fighting a light sabre duel in space

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
It's perfect. A david cage star wars game will marry the unearned pretentiousness of the last jedi with the lack of originality of the force awakens, the meandering plot of Rise of skywalker and the stilted dialogue of the prequels, thus uniting the star wars fanbase for the first time in years by producing something we can all agree is the worst thing ever.

Do you guys forget that this very forum voted Detroit their 10th fav game of 2018?

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how the QD games seem to have a certain more mainstream (or at least non-core gamer) appeal I can see why The Mouse would be open to a partnership. I'm expecting hilarious results.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I better be the Droid they're looking for but I actually think I'm a humanoid Jedi Master named like Sholka Karnak and the reveal is I'm an R2 unit

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
A Star Wars game with the most unnecessary shower scenes.
"A politically accurate representation of the Empire. We had to adapt all the racial slurs ourselves!"
"We started with 'Clankers', 'Imps', 'Bantha poodoo' and 'E chu ta', and then we got real creative from there."

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
e476826d393e45dc2cfb26ac010df11a4bb75f22.gif

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
Love Star Wars and love QD's style of games. Just don't let Cage write it, get one of the novelists who's done some decent SW stories to lead that up, or writers from some of the comic series as those have been pretty good IMO.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I better be hunting a Sith lord to discover his identity for the Jedi Council only it turns out I am the Sith Lord

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Not what I expected lol. I liked Detroit a lot so hopefully this is more in line with that rather than Beyond Two Souls and Heavy Rain.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Love Star Wars and love QD's style of games. Just don't let Cage write it, get one of the novelists who's done some decent SW stories to lead that up, or writers from some of the comic series as those have been pretty good IMO.
If Cage leaves Quantic Dream and the game is under completely different creative control, then I would honestly have some optimism for the game as long as the right talent is working on it.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Sigh. Completely uninterested in any Star Wars title but looks like games under this franchise must be selling well.

Keep in mind that Detroit was about as "hands-off" Cage would get with the writing, and that was essentially having a couple different writing teams working on each of the narratives that all had to wind up getting final approval from Cage in the end to proceed with what they were doing. As long as he's the de facto showrunner, you could get someone like Timothy Zahn writing under him and it would still wind up crap.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
A (former) French journalist said it earlier this week (I guess that's where it's from?)

The important bit is that if Quantic Dream is making so much effort to try to make it look like their ass is clean regarding the reports of workplace environment, it is mostly because they don't want to have a bad rep when under a contract with Disney.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Condolences in advance to Daisy Ridley. Though maybe she'll have asked Dafoe what it was like, and been able to dodge Cage's creepy ass.

noinspiration

Jun 22, 2020
All I'm hoping for is a sequence like this one that someone can upload to Youtube. Just, like, your character has a lightsaber and is accidentally slicing off limbs left and right:

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
David Cage is ironically the main reason to BE excited for this because it means it's going to be nuts.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
This seems like a great match. Cage's weirdness and stilted dialogue would work incredibly well with what was the true spirit of George Lucas led Star Wars.

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
on the plus side Cage would likely be restricted creatively and reined in by the Star Wars story team and they probably wouldnt allow anything too grose in there... hopefully

Chunchun

Jun 9, 2019
I'm interested in this. Imagine a Mandolarian style game where you can travel many planets-meet many characters in Star Wars universe made by Quantic Dream

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be cool with a Space Noir detective thriller...but not one written by David Cage.
I'd choose damn near anyone but him.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in this. Imagine a Mandolarian style game where you can travel many planets-meet many characters in Star Wars universe made by Quantic Dream

Quantic Dream games aren't really known for being, like...about that kind of stuff. The best you'd get is a ton of ultra-linear QTEs.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A couple years ago I would have been all over this, but between the revelations of the Elliot Page model in Beyond and all the court stuff I won't be touching this with a ten foot pole unless it's a plus game or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.