OP
OP
Redhead On Moped
Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
Wow, sqwarlock thanks for sharing your story, and again congrats on being true with yourself. I am glad that you seem to have friends who support you in sharing this part about yourself with them, and accept you for who you are. Now of course there will be some people, maybe even other queer people, that may try to deny your identity or try to define you, but ignore them and don't let it get you down; you know who you are, and no one gets to define you otherwise! I wish you nothing but the best, and If you ever do need people to talk with, Era actually has a dedicated LGBT community thread where all are welcome.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lgbtqera-era1-were-queer.370/

Congrats on taking an important step in your journey, and always be proud of who you are. :)

Last edited:

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Happy pride month to everyone here. I hope all of you get to enjoy this month by being yourselves and loving something - whether that be life, a partner, a friend, a family member, anything. Go and enjoy the world around you and celebrate. Read up on the LGBT+ past that the history books tend to ignore - we wouldn't be where we are without the people who fought in time past (as well as those of us who continue to fight for our rights now). It insane how quickly momentum seems to have shifted. I was heavy in denial about being gay up until I was about eighteen and wasn't out until I was twenty. People were made fun of badly at my schools and shunned at my family's churches simply because they were brave and courageous about who they were and whom they loved - their strength gave me the courage to finally open up and finally be myself for the first time in my life.

There is so much joy and happiness to be found, especially within this decade (even if the last two years have had things we might not want to think about). My birthday happens to be on the same day as the Stonewall Riots - which also happened to be the same day same-sex marriage passed - which also happened to be the day I turned 21. Which means I went to the gay club for the first time. There was so much love and happiness to be found all around. They planned a big drag show filled with some of the most beautiful performances and talents in celebration. It was a feeling of togetherness and bliss with the community that I can't even describe.

I've been with this special man on the left for almost five years now and we are still just as in love as ever.

ABcyP.png

That was from Pride last year.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Redhead On Moped said I should come and say hi, so...HI!

I'm a 34 year-old dude in a long-term hetero relationship that came out as bi-sexual literally earlier today. It's something I thought was true since high school, but denied it thanks to the toxic crowd I hung with. And by that I mean I can guarantee you I'd have been called the f-word and had a couple bibles thrown at me. So I squished that feeling down, where it stayed hidden along with all my other thoughts that I'd buried thanks to depression and anxiety.

Fast forward to now, where I'm on citalopram and bupropion and for the first time since I was probably 10 or so my mind is free to start true introspection. Part of that was realizing, "Hey, so I know that women are the fucking best and I totes love them (especially my SO), but there's definitely some dudes I've met that get my heart fluttering, and some that I really, really enjoy flirting with."

So here I am, officially out there as bi. I'm so happy that I can finally accept this part of me, and the support I've gotten from friends has been the best.
Congrats again. It feels great to finally accept yourself. Happy for you.