Oct 27, 2017
Happy Pride month everybody! Gay male here.

Pride isn't until the end of the month where I'm located, so currently I'm trying to buy clothes to wear. After a few Prides where I just went in my regular clothing (and being significantly out-dressed and out-rainbowed) I figured I'd buy a more fitting outfit and accessories (basically some form of colourful t-shirt, a nice trousers, a flag, a hula-thingy, and some face paint) this year. Not entirely sure what I'm going to be doing the day of Pride yet (aside from hanging out with friends).

Went to one particular party two years ago and had a terrible day/night (the music was EDM rather than pop, it was so busy it took 50 minutes to buy a drink, and it was impossible to dance with how full it was) but it's the biggest party by far in my city so bought tickets to it this year just in case I decide to go. Last year we went to a non-gay club but given that it was Pride there was still a lot of LGBT individuals there, the music was fantastic, and it wasn't too busy so there was ample room on the dance floor so some of my friends want to go there again but I'd like to give the other venue a shot again.

EDIT: Actually if anybody here has any Pride-related outfits that look nice (are relatively inexpensive) and can be delivered in Europe, I'd be happy to see everybody's outfits!

Last edited:

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
I want to contribute something this time, and thought this would be a good way:

I'm cis-hetero, so I hope no one sees this as appropriation!

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
That's so cool!

My fiancee and I got engaged a few months ago, and it's really only thanks to the effort of so many brave people before us not afraid to let the world know who they were that this was something that could happen. So I'm proud to be here.
Awwww. You two look adorable togheter :)
Congratulations

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Almost 28 years old and still not out to my family. I hardly feel anything resembling pride to be honest.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to contribute something this time, and thought this would be a good way:

I'm cis-hetero, so I hope no one sees this as appropriation!

It took me an embarrassing amount of time to realise this was a game and not a real car lol

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Happy Pride Month!

I'm demisexual and aromantic. One of my bi friends just thinks I'm bi/pan and I haven't figured it out yet, but I'm rarely sexually attracted to people I meet and I really dislike dating and romance, even if I grow to become sexually attracted to somebody. I have no desire to want to be emotionally intimate with them beyond friendship, and I even get uncomfortable with more intimate physical touches that aren't going to lead to sex.

In theory it is sweet, but I get really uncomfortable and almost sick when people try to do romantic gestures or say they want to date me.

My family doesn't know. I keep my personal life personal for the most part except with my mom, who I will tell more things to.

I don't really see the need to come out to them, though. Most of my family doesn't matter to me, and they are all gossips who think the worst of people anyways.

My friends know and those are the people who matter the most to me.

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
It took me an embarrassing amount of time to realise this was a game and not a real car lol

I just thought it was a real car and moved on tbh lol!!

lol I cannot see Tweets here, so here's a screenshot that might make it more obvious what it's all about:
unbenannt30qkn.jpg

https://twitter.com/E_GTAce/status/1002858941519450112

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
We have several Christopher Street Day's (CSDs) in different cities here in Germany.
They usually begin in June and spread out over the summer.
This year I will attend in Frankfurt and maybe in Cologne.
BTW: when you search for pride dates in Google, you get this:
screenshot_20180602-19luhj.jpg

I love google for their LGBTQ Support.

Almost 28 years old and still not out to my family. I hardly feel anything resembling pride to be honest.
I'm almost 30 years old and still not out to my family. But I have two loyal friends (lesbian couple) who are like family to me. We spend a lot of time together. We go to CSDs, watch drag race and other LGBTQ themed stuff, share our secrets, be there for each other. Tonight we are at a local (old school) drag show together.
So that's basically how I live my queer live in a straight environment.
#FriendsBecomeOurChosenFamily.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
I can completely, totally understand where you're coming from. I'm not gonna lie, sometimes I wish I could still pass as straight, but I just can't, even if I try. You do you though, and if you're invisible, you're cool with it, and it's not getting in anyone's way, absolutely more power to you. You do you! :)
It's an odd place to be in, because it's not a definition of wanting something but not wanting something, so it almost never comes up in conversation. People see I'm single and just fill in the blanks. Only questions I get are from grandparents on Christmas because apparently they don't have enough grandchildren :P

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Happy pride month to all our LGTBQ friends! The city nearest us has their parade in September, I wish they had it this month, I've always been on vacation for it but this is the first year I'll be taking my kids since they were basically babies so it should be fun.

ParmeSean

May 14, 2018
Hahaha I am sure that happens quite often! "Nah dude, I don't go that way. Well maybe I can come up...just for a drink, because you seem pretty cool. ...What's your bedroom look like??"
Last week legit was
Straight dude: I hate fucking sleeping on a couch
Me: I mean i have a big bed we can share
Straight dude: Yeah man sure, i'm the little spoon tho

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I got a question if i may use this thread for it.

For a long time i have accepted im sexually fluid, even tho i favor femininity in what i find sexually attractive (ie, women and very feminine men), the most intimate i have gotten with someone has been with another man.
Me and a long time internet friend webcaming for each other tho, because IRL im a socially awkward mess.

My question is, is it weird that i don't fully consider myself "queer" because somehow i feel like i would be doing a disservice to the community? I dunno something inside of me makes me feel like i would be a hypocrite if started labeling myself as LGBTQ, as if i was appropriating the movement.

It somehow feels wrong, even tho i have long accepted i cannot call myself "purely straight"

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

For a long time i have accepted im sexually fluid, even tho i favor femininity in what i find sexually attractive (ie, women and very feminine men), the most intimate i have gotten with someone has been with another man.
Me and a long time internet friend webcaming for each other tho, because IRL im a socially awkward mess.

My question is, is it weird that i don't fully consider myself "queer" because somehow i feel like i would be doing a disservice to the community? I dunno something inside of me makes me feel like i would be a hypocrite if started labeling myself as LGBTQ, as if i was appropriating the movement.

It somehow feels wrong, even tho i have long accepted i cannot call myself "purely straight"
No, it's for anyone who isn't confidently cis and straight, don't feel bad at all. I've heard as some people refer to the Q as questioning actually.

Vark

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at Disney right now for Gay Days, and yea, it's commercial as fuck. But a gay dude in his 30's. Being able to walk around and see rainbows and support *Everywhere* in a place where I spent a lot of time in my childhood is... it's special, and it means so much.

I'm at that age where there's a new generation showing up to these things, and the generation that came before me. And it still sucks in a lot of places, but to see generations struggle less and less and see these fresh face kids who maybe had it just slightly less worse than I did (and can mouth the lyrics to pop music i've never even heard) is a fucking miracle. To be with the generation that came before me and had it so much worse is straight up inspiring.

Be proud of who you are and know that you are not alone

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State

You sound like me when it comes to attraction, as I'm also more into feminine traits regardless sex or gender (Gynephilia)

I personally wouldn't call myself Queer or LGBTQ but that's just for me, and isn't my place to say you can't or can

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas, USA
Pride month! I'm gonna wear my ace beanie allllll daaaaaaaaaay--

*today's high is 102° and that beanie makes my head real warm*

--I'm gonna go order a nice ace lapel pin!

My local Target (and I assume Target's nationwide) had a pride display located at the front of the store. Seeing that a few weeks ago made me smile.

Just went to one of my local Targets, no display :(
I mean I guess I'm not shocked, with it being North Texas and all, but still...

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
No, it's for anyone who isn't confidently cis and straight, don't feel bad at all. I've heard as some people refer to the Q as questioning actually.

It's less questioning (i know im also into guys) and more like, i don't want to come off as a poser, it's just like, this will sound silly, but feels like i haven't earned my right to be into with the community? I realize feeling like i need to prove myself is not a healthy mentality.

You sound like me when it comes to attraction, as I'm also more into feminine traits regardless sex or gender (Gynephilia)

It's no coincidence i recognize all your avatars after all, hah!

collige

Oct 31, 2017
It's less questioning (i know im also into guys) and more like, i don't want to come off as a poser, it's just like, this will sound silly, but feels like i haven't earned my right to be into with the community? I realize feeling like i need to prove myself is not a healthy mentality.

1*0ID97ueHsJOjsV_ezogWWA.jpeg

This thread just reminded me that I have to go look up DC Pride dates.

Gay male, btw
The parade is next Saturday. Gonna be lit as usual.

Last edited:

Mogronash

Oct 30, 2017
Happy Pride Month folks!

Wow, Era really has a lot more aces than I thought. :O

Pride intensifying!

Better add another one to the list then, aro/ace woman here!
I didn't really figure it out 'till I was like 24? 25? when I read about asexuality online and noticed that it fit me perfectly, and it explained a number of situations from when I was younger. Deliberated for a while before deciding I'm aromantic as well, because it feels kinda difficult to know for sure. Like at most I think I have a platonic crush on someone, but I've no desire for dating or other typical romantic stuff.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
You have earned your right to be in the community, and people have been, are, and will continue to fight for your right to be in the community. Bi/pan activists for example, fighting in part against the people in the community who are prejudiced against people will multi-gender attraction.

You are queer and queer spaces should be for you equally as any of us.

original-12744-144719nku87.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Just went to one of my local Targets, no display :(
I mean I guess I'm not shocked, with it being North Texas and all, but still...

Yeah this was in Ocean, NJ.

Another idea also is to go to an embroidery place and have something stitched on. On a now defunct sports jersey forum, I learned of a place that does work for the Oakland Raiders and also they do great work matching team fonts and colors. If you look up Exclusive Pro Sports in Rockford, Illinois I suggest contacting them by phone or e-mail and I wonder if they would do the word PRIDE with P in red, R in orange, I in yellow, D in green, and E in blue and stitch that to a black or white sweatshirt. You can either pay them to use a blank Gildan sweatshirt or send them something and you just fill out the contact form.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
I grabbed a box of markers gave myself a temporary tattoo. Not sure how long I'll keep it but it shouldn't be too hard to keep redrawing it all month ♥

AMRQxwDl.jpg

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I'm straight and an ally. Not sure what's going on in Atlanta for it -- I guess I'll try to find an event and go to it some weekend.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Happy Pride month as an ally! I know a few LGBTQ+ friends who are going to the local parade, always wanted to go but I've been busy with work lately.

Also, I really wish lots of people stopped obsessing over someone else's sexual identity and dropping slurs left and right, hopefully someday transgender acceptance gets far better. People are people, and empathy is empathy. Focus on your own life.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday, June 1st, the first day of pride month, I publically made out with a guy in a gay club for the first time ever. Gay pride month is magic, y'all.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at Disney right now for Gay Days, and yea, it's commercial as fuck. But a gay dude in his 30's. Being able to walk around and see rainbows and support *Everywhere* in a place where I spent a lot of time in my childhood is... it's special, and it means so much.

I'm at that age where there's a new generation showing up to these things, and the generation that came before me. And it still sucks in a lot of places, but to see generations struggle less and less and see these fresh face kids who maybe had it just slightly less worse than I did (and can mouth the lyrics to pop music i've never even heard) is a fucking miracle. To be with the generation that came before me and had it so much worse is straight up inspiring.

Be proud of who you are and know that you are not alone
This is a lovely post, thank you.