• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
via Deadline
Already busy prepping to direct the film he just set up at Sony Pictures, Quentin Tarantino is also planning to boldly go where he has not gone before. Sources said that Tarantino has come up with a great idea for a Star Trek movie at Paramount. After sharing his idea with JJ Abrams (who himself is busy prepping Star Wars Episode IX), I've heard the plan is to assemble a writers room of scribes who'll hear Tarantino's take and begin to put together a movie. If it all works out, Tarantino might direct it, with Abrams producing.
Uh did not see this one coming

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
He has said several times before the he wanted to do Star Trek, but as his last movie. Is he going to go out already? Seems a bit early to me.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
1363.gif

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
The Trek reboot series has been mediocre at best. May as well give a real auteur a shot.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Tarantino has talked about his idea for a Star Trek film for a long time. Based on one of the episodes from TNG but spruced up into feature length

Last edited:

null_

Oct 27, 2017
It'd be interesting to see a Tarantino take on the Star Trek universe, especially if it's "clean"...

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Well I can't say I saw that coming.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. Spock and McCoy talking about the funny little differences with Hasperat on Bajor versus the Burrito with cheese you get on Deep Space 9...

Eldy

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
He has said several times before the he wanted to do Star Trek, but as his last movie. Is he going to go out already? Seems a bit early to me.

He's talked before about wanting to direct only ten movies. By his own count (considering Kill Bill one film, disowning My Best Friend's Birthday, and not considering his segment of Four Rooms to be its own film but counting Death Proof) The Hateful Eight was his eighth, so the film after his Manson film would be number ten. 'Course he could always change his mind in the future.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eeeeh, I like his movies. But it do not see how his kind of filmaking would work in the Star Trek universe

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Get these Mutha Fuckin' tribbles off my Mutha Fuckin' starship!!!

Oct 28, 2017
England
The Star Trek film I never knew I wanted... I'd normally prefer for him to stick to his own material where he can be free from constraints, but I'm really interested in this.