• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Draconian

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology will launch in North America on February 13 and in Europe on February 16.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/...rfect-chronology-gets-launch-edition-and-date

Story Trailer:

Launch Edition:
unnamed9_thumb.jpg

Send me back in time if old.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
I hope there will be some comparisons between this and the original, aside from the art style. I heard many people say that the DS version had a lot of cut content or things that were not finished by the dev team, and I'm wondering if any of that was filled in for this remake.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I really loved the font in the original, so I was concerned what they'd do here. This is a totally different style, but I dig it. Shame about what they did to Eruca, though. :(

Burning Justice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is the extra content they added to the game significant? Thinking of buying this, but not sure if it's worth it when I already have the original.

Deleted member 643

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, I'm in. I have the original but never got around to playing it, happy to play with an updated look

quincognito

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I'll be grabbing the slightly-expanded version here but this game owns and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it before.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Man, it's such a shame what they've done to the art style of this game. I'll obviously still support it, because it's an amazing game and we need more like it, but the original art style had so much more personality.

Hopefully the voice acting holds up to recent titles -- Shadows of Valentia has spoiled me with how well done voice acting can add to JRPGs' story and immersion.

(It's also slightly annoying that this is on virtually the same system as the original... I can already play Radiant Historia on my 3DS.)

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for this to come out. This is one of the games I got a 2DS for so it's great to see it getting a release date - especially so soon...

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
This seems a subpar and unnecessary port. At least the Strange Journey one cleans up quite a few things while this one primarily butchers the art style.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Man, it's such a shame what they've done to the art style of this game. I'll obviously still support it, because it's an amazing game and we need more like it, but the original art style had so much more personality.

Hopefully the voice acting holds up to recent titles -- Shadows of Valentia has spoiled me with how well done voice acting can add to JRPGs' story and immersion.

(It's also slightly annoying that this is on virtually the same system as the original... I can already play Radiant Historia on my 3DS.)

Are we going to get the classic portrait pack, or was that Japan exclusive content only? I'm probably going to pick this up seeing as how I never got far in the original (but considered it very good) but would probably prefer the option to switch to the original portraits.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I loved Radiant Historia. It was one of the games that got me through my deployment to Afghanistan, actually.

But the art style is, in my opinion, problematic. The original fit the tone of the game much better, whereas this is more "stereotypically anime," I guess. I'm sure it'll have a broad appeal, and the underlying premise of the game is fantastic.

But I'm disappointed. I would've double-dipped. But Stocke didn't need to look like a generic anime character, and Eruca has short hair, dammit.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
As sickening as that Raynie is, let's not act like she's the biggest victim here.

Poor Eruca ;(

True.
C7jkH_DVAAA016n.jpg

Goddammit Atlus, what are you doing. I heard the original art is an option, but only via paid dlc? That really stinks. I want to support this great game, but the butchered art style turns me off.

Fou-Lu

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like there is quite a bit of new content so I might be able to settle for the art style.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Have they ever stated if we're getting the original art dlc here?
It's not with the launch edition and we're not getting the collector that had it in japan so i guess it will be seperate if we do get it?

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Have they ever stated if we're getting the original art dlc here?
It's not with the launch edition and we're not getting the collector that had it in japan so i guess it will be seperate if we do get it?
Atlus is usually pretty good about bringing DLC over so we're probably gonna get it as a paid option.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
How did the original art DLC handle new characters / storylines? Seems like that would a striking contrast.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really, really, really excited to play this. One of the games I most wanted to play on the DS but never got around to, and this remake is one of the main reasons I bought a 3DS.

May_Patra

Oct 28, 2017
I still fail to understand how anyone could've thought that new art style an improvement. It clashes awfully with the tone of the game. Nor do I see the need for the new character added to the game.
Nevertheless it's one of the best games the DS had to offer. I hope everyone new to Radiant Historia enjoys it.

masaa

Oct 27, 2017
France
I wish they had put more work into the sprites instead of redoing the portraits.
I'm weak and I'll still grab it though.

ShinkuTachi

Oct 29, 2017
Can't wait for this game! Totally looking forward to playing this again and Strange Journey again with Strange Journey Redux.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
True.
C7jkH_DVAAA016n.jpg

Goddammit Atlus, what are you doing. I heard the original art is an option, but only via paid dlc? That really stinks. I want to support this great game, but the butchered art style turns me off.

Ugh, wtf?! This disgusting filth makes me just wanna stick to the goddamned original. Way to make a greatly designed character generic as fuck.

My salt is justified.

-edit-

Saw there's an original art style option....except it's paid DLC...

Bugger lol.

Last edited:

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Is Europe getting the launch edition too? I've had it on pre-order for months. The art style is indeed watered down and I own the DS version, but the graphics look better (sharper, touched up a bit). You can clearly see the difference when you watch let's play videos and compare the two.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
How did the original art DLC handle new characters / storylines? Seems like that would a striking contrast.
The original art style is much more suitable for storyline and tone of the Radiant Historia. Anyone played it knows this except Atlus.

Or maybe they do. That's why they're charging extra for it. Those greedy assholes.

EliVilla

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I think I can appreciate both artsyles since I haven't played this before but I would agree that leaving it the same would be a good choice.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, wtf?! This disgusting filth makes me just wanna stick to the goddamned original. Way to make a greatly designed character generic as fuck.

My salt is justified.

-edit-

Saw there's an original art style option....except it's paid DLC...

Bugger lol.
If they adding an extra character, one could only hope that the original art DLC would at least include a rendition of said character.

Probably won't, though.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
True.
C7jkH_DVAAA016n.jpg

In someone's mind, turning the cast into generic anime characters was somehow the path of least resistance to distinguishing the port from the original, and this saddens me.

Vivi

Nov 10, 2017
Can't wait. This and Strange Journey might be the last 3DS games I buy since the Switch is receiving all the games now. Its a shame about the art changes but luckily I have the original.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else's Amazon order have a release date of April 2nd? Wtf, Amazon :/

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Dunno if I posted, but I'm in. Great game.

I don't really mind the new art. I think the old art fits more tonally, but the new stuff looks nicer outside of that context.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I'm of the belief that the male characters look fine under the new art, it's the females that have suffered greatly in the transition.