• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Supremely talented person! Curious to see where he goes next. Must be something exciting.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Very talented guy, best of luck in the future. Hopefully not revolving around NFTs this time

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I'm sure theres an reasonable explanation for this and we'll all take this level headed
giphy.gif

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
The guy went hard into NFTs well after everyone realized just how fucking stupid that shit is, and publicly posted real dumb shit towards his coworkers so... I dunno. Bye. Nothing of value lost.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Genuine legend and one of my many inspirations as an artist (his story and come up is motivating). I was literally working through his Design and Anatomy ZBrush sculpting package right before looking at this thread. Huge, huge loss to SSM. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

War95

Banned
Feb 17, 2021
I'm sure SSM will be fine. Also he appears to left the studio for a better offer

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
The guy went hard into NFTs well after everyone realized just how fucking stupid that shit is, and publicly posted real dumb shit towards his coworkers so... I dunno. Bye. Nothing of value lost.
Idk looking at some NFT he sold in Oct 2021 it sold for like $210k worth of Ethereum... Jan 2022 for like $120k... lots of them for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Dude's made bank on that shit which is absolutely bonkers. Of course, they're all "worth" less than half what they were when sold, but sheeeesh.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Idk looking at some NFT he sold in Oct 2021 it sold for like $210k worth of Ethereum... lots of them for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Dude's made bank on that shit which is absolutely bonkers. Of course, they're all "worth" less than half what they were when sold, but sheeeesh.
Okay, so he capitalized on a gross grift and I'm supposed to be like "Ohhh well actually..."

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
NFTs are supremely lame, but being lame isn't a crime or anything. His departure is definitely newsworthy in any case.

Absolutely. I am probably just traumatized by the venn diagram of crypto shills and far right chuds. But i don't see any outwardly concerning twitter follows so maybe i'll just edit my post.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Oh right, wasn't he the one that made those "realistic" video game character renders?
I recall the Star Fox one being pretty fire.

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022
Oh shit, now I remember. He pretty much said "ummm not all NFTbros" when Alanah Pearce had shopped Blacked NFTs sold of her.

FbNzltF.jpg

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
extremely talented dude which made it all the more disappointing when he started doing NFT shit, hopefully he changed his stance on that shit.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
That's a good stint to have, and he seems to be leaving on good terms with the studio so all in all it's a happy outcome. Big shoes to fill for the next art director!

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I wonder who'll take his place now. SSM has a really strong character art team. If I had to throw a few names into the ring, maybe Dela Longfish or Jose Cabrera (if he's still with them).

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, end of an era. I'm going to assume whatever SSMS' next GoW isn't going to have the same art style.

Kazen

May 31, 2019
Guy is extremely talented and any studio in the world would give a lot of money to have him.

Very curious to see what he ends up doing next.

The NFT talk is tiring, yes, he is lame for promoting and supporting this, but it does not exclude his incredible work in the past 10 years.