• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Interesting so far, but I doubt it will have an awful lot of longevity. I probably won't miss it when my Game Pass sub expires.

People here thought siege and for honour failed when they were doing very well. I think this will do just fine and gamepass will help spread the word.

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
People here thought siege and for honour failed when they were doing very well. I think this will do just fine and gamepass will help spread the word.

I should probably have said "I doubt it will have an awful lot of longevity for me." I'm having fun right now, but I don't see myself playing this in two weeks.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
That becomes the issue once you want to play something different than the same four maps on easiest difficulty. Once you get to higher levels and get more enemies that are capable of one-two shotting you, or you just simply - for some reason - got DCed during solo play, you'll see how annoying this mechanic is. There should be a timer, when your operator gets back in action on his/her own - and rescue mission should only make him available faster.
At that point you have a dozen or more agents available to you... If you're bad at the game, you're probably not playing on the harder difficulties in the first place. This is an entirely 'in your head' problem.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
At that point you have a dozen or more agents available to you... If you're bad at the game, you're probably not playing on the harder difficulties in the first place. This is an entirely 'in your head' problem.
Just in case anyone's curious, I actually went and deliberately failed missions to see what would happen. If you fail a mission to rescue an agent, they're returned to you anyway but they lose progress.

This doomsday scenario of running out of agents is literally impossible.